Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Kristy's favorite band is Led Zeppelin. She's practically religious about them.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by FORD
      Kristy's favorite band is Led Zeppelin. She's practically religious about them.
      She's the shameless, proud owner of the John Bonham commemorative dildo!
      Last edited by Nickdfresh; 07-18-2018, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Oh, I'm sorry. Did I shit all over your homoerotic obsession you have with a band that hasn't put out shit in over 35 years?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Tonight REELZ dedicates an hour to tell us what a cocksucker Don Henley is!

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
            Tonight REELZ dedicates an hour to tell us what a cocksucker Don Henley is!
            Nah. Henley is just a glum, smug, totally self-satisfied bore.

Glenn Frey, on the other hand, was an obnoxious jerk. An egocentric prick to the nth degree, and it was actually funny watching him in any given interview, because he was such a prick to the point where he didn't realize it and every word he said (unintentionally, to him, because he was totally oblivious to it) just reinforced his prickness.

And fuck Timothy B. Schmidt while we're at it.

Fuckin' Eagles wuss rock. That band neutered Joe Walsh so gradually yet - in the end - so completely that it was almost imperceptible.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

It ain't the Eagles without Glenn Frey!

They made Joe Walsh dry out for the Hell Freezes Over tour and wouldn't let him go on Howard Stern's show. Stern called Walsh "Stepford Joe." Walsh had sung Desperado live on the air one time, and supposedly Henley got pissed. Stern didn't bring that up in his last interview with Henley.
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

And they fired Don Felder...

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

And they fired Don Felder...
                  You find out with so many of these geriatric classic rock bands still floundering on that it usually comes down to a couple - or one, in some cases - of members who actually run the band, make the decisions, own the band name, etc.

Like, back in my teens, I had that naïve idea that all rock bands were democracies, where all the members had an equal say, an equal share: turns out such a democratic approach was the rare exception, even when these bands were peaking creatively.

The Eagles, which certainly boiled down to Frey and Henley by the time the post-Hell Freezes Over reunion tour period happened in terms of leadership, kicked Felder out because in the end they could. Doubtless Frey and Henley had their reasons and disagreements with Felder, but the essence of it was that they could remove Felder and not lose a nickel of revenue. Booting Felder out wasn't the equivalent of, say, the Stones firing Jagger: in terms of the people who matter to The Eagles (those who buy the concert tickets), Felder's sacking wasn't going to cause any disruption in terms of ticket sales. So, why NOT boot Felder out, get some no name guitar player in there to play Felder's parts for a salary (there is certainly NO shortage of guitar players out there capable of copying guitar parts who wouldn't mind a decent, steady paycheck), not have to deal with whatever aggravation Felder was causing AND save some money on top of it?

I'm not saying as a fan that I agree with that strategy. Personally, my own feeling is that I'd prefer these bands to have as many members of the original/definitive lineups as possible long as they can still play their instruments. I mean, otherwise, you can get whittled down via concessions to these ludicrous situations you have these days, like...Quiet Riot featuring Frankie Banali, and ONLY Frankie Banali. I'm hardly what could be termed a diehard Quiet Riot fan, but these allowances you have to make to see these classic groups who are in many cases still "groups" by name only...
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Now that this stupid TV program is on YouTube, I forced myself to watch it this morning on an under-caffeinated Saturday morning brain.

What a horribly produced, factually inaccurate piece of shit. They couldn't even get their damn dates right, especially with the Hagar shit.

Another hour of my life I'll never get back.....
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Another hour of my life I'll never get back.....

Just like voting for Bernie, huh?

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

No, I would happily do that again. And hopefully will, in 2020.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                          Just like voting for Bernie, huh?
                          Did anyone have a choice to vote for him?

Are you a Hillary Supporter?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

No, I would happily do that again. And hopefully will, in 2020.
                            I like Bernie but he's as old as the paint on the pyramids FFS...

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I like Bernie but he's as old as the paint on the pyramids FFS...
                              Well the DLC trolls are trying to push Biden as a candidate for 2020. He's as old as Bernie, and in considerably worse health -his brain already exploded once, and left him with "no filter" and made him a walking gaffe machine. Not to mention he's a friend of the predatory credit card industry, signed one of the PNAC letters, and crashed in Iowa in THREE previous primary seasons.

Compared to all of that, Bernie's a guaranteed landslide win. And definitely so against Cheeto. Or Pence.... if either of them are still standing by November 2020.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Well the DLC trolls are trying to push Biden as a candidate for 2020. He's as old as Bernie, and in considerably worse health -his brain already exploded once, and left him with "no filter" and made him a walking gaffe machine. Not to mention he's a friend of the predatory credit card industry, signed one of the PNAC letters, and crashed in Iowa in THREE previous primary seasons.

Compared to all of that, Bernie's a guaranteed landslide win. And definitely so against Cheeto. Or Pence.... if either of them are still standing by November 2020.
                                Trump will win two terms and then after that we will see what kind of condition the DNC is in and if it's even going to survive. The main question is what is the economy going to do. It's blowing up into another bubble again and we could have another real estate and equity market collapse. Bailing out the banks after the 2008 collapse didn't solve anything but keep the borrowing and spending addiction going.
                                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...