Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

DLR 1998 20 Years already

This is the hardest Roth has rocked since Eat 'Em and Smile. The songs may not be as funny or memorable, and his new band doesn't reach the heights of Steve Vai and Billy Sheehan, but The DLR Band benefits from its modest scale. It succeeds on its own terms, delivering a selection of fine, spirited metal songs that finds Roth's charisma at a near peak.

https://www.allmusic.com/album/dlr-band-mw0000039527

Well, I can remember coming here and finding out that there was a new CD. And remember, 20 years ago the Internet isn't what it was today. That being said, I was able to track down a couple of stores in Louisville that actually had the CD in stock. I bought two which was kind of my practice back then. One CD for the car 10 disc changer and one CD for the house 100 disc changer. I bought them both right before the Fourth of July and had them for my party the next day. I had a gig Friday July 3rd at the Tiger and couldn't wait to have over those 40-50 year old women on Saturday.

The house disc changer went through its random play and about 10:30 Slam Dunk wound them up. My 2nd wife was beside herself and wanted to know what that edgy song was. I told her it was a new band DLR. Booze, beer, boobs, and fireworks for the next two hours and then Lose The Dress. The women went on auto pilot dancing, stripping each other's tops off. (Glad I use the yard fogger.) Same question: who's the edgy band.
    About 20 minutes later, the following song made my night: Everybody Wants Some.That's when the nude dancing started along with the trouble. The women don't care but a bunch of drunk other halfs don't like the way a couple of the pervs took pics and started dancing nude with the ladies. Party over. Some left in towels they were using at the pool and hot tub. Some just left nude. Some were pissing at the edge of the ravine; some in the pool.

It went from bad to worse by morning. Some stayed and were puking tequila,; one couple was having a Heineken and brie puking contest in the driveway. I got in bad trouble for letting an AP reporter make it together with me on the pantry stairs. She was supposed to be making coffee. Here's some advice: a Danish pastry or Bear Claw doesn't make up for a sex error in judgement. You need cigarettes and a Long John with coffee.

Thank you DLR Band for a night of tanning bed tit salutes and great tunes. 20 years ago.

Last edited by jacksmar; 07-03-2018 at 08:25 PM.
    A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Thread Information