Thread: Want To Interview Diamond Dave..?

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:11 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,078 Times in 1,996 Posts

Blog Entries

Want To Interview Diamond Dave..?

Frustrated with the current lack any word from our favorite artist... I was curious what it would take to book an interview with Diamond Dave. The short answer... A whole lot of money, honey!!

A web search of recent news articles from 2017 announcing changes in Roth's personal and professional booking management put me on the path which landed me on the web site for the Richard De La Font Agency, Inc. There you can potentially book Dave for a concert, corporate event, party, etc... Following their link to their Artist Interview page and landing on their Buyers Input Form - Interview, etc. I was stuck by the ugly hand of reality which knocked my fucking wallet right on it's ass!!

https://www.delafont.com/Forms/buyer...-interview.htm

Minimum service fee budget of $10,000 USD is required.
    This service fee is ONLY for assistance in making the arrangement for an interview.
    It is NOT the fee for the interview itself - which may or may not require an additional fee.
    If you do not have this level of budget, we will not be able to assist in this category.
    Let that marinate a bit... you have to put up $10 Grand just to get some nice person to call the artist and arrange the interview. Be prepared to fork out more cold, hard cash if the "Artist" wants an appearance fee and for expenses to get their precious ass to and from the interview!!

Filtering through the fine print at least the agency kindly offers that the fee is refundable if you get snubbed:

You MUST be prepared to submit
    this amount in advance. This is 100% refundable
    should the artist decline your invitation for
    an interview. If you are not willing, do not proceed.
    I no longer wonder why we're hearing nothing from Diamond Dave in the mainstream or even back alley media... In my world, $10,000 is a good chunk of change and far too much money to waste on arranging an interview with somebody who hasn't done anything noteworthy in recent times... It's a shame. Such a colorful and entertaining personality out-priced himself from the his own industry...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,737 Times in 2,054 Posts

Blog Entries
    For that amount of money you could see a qualified psychiatrist upon which you can discuss your weird homoerotic obsession you have for the man.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. Thanked Kristy for this KICKASS post:

High Life Man (08-20-2018)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-17-2024 @ 01:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,481 Posts

Blog Entries
    I suppose in a world where contemporary, popular celebrities are paid tens (and sometimes hundreds) of thousands of dollars just to mention a product in a single tweet or appear (not perform, mind you, but simply show up) at an event, 10k for simple access may seem like a bargain basement price to Roth.

Perhaps it's just Roth himself not realizing it - or his current representation being afraid of telling him - but outside of maybe some niche magazines or podcasts that focus on classic hard rock, I'd be hard-pressed to imagine the name David Lee Roth even being under consideration for an interview.

Simply put, outside of his long term diehard fanbase, the general public doesn't care (if they even bother to remember) about Roth anymore in terms of actually wanting to hear him being interviewed. And I'd probably include a not insubstantial amount of people who have been attending Van Halen concerts over the last ten years in that general public category. Like, even if Roth is fronting Van Halen, most just want to go to the shows, hear the hits and have a good time.

Plus, as long as Roth is still working with the band, any interview is going to find him talking about the Van Halens in as diplomatic a manner as possible. And, let's be frank: Roth WAS one of the most (if nothing else) entertaining rock frontmen as far as an interview subject was concerned. His coke-blathering speed raps were amusing. There was a level of intelligence, wit, cynicism and self-depreciation there that one certainly didn't find in the interviews of...say, Vince Neil. At least until you started hearing the same Rothisms repeated from one interview to the next...and half the interviews began to be taken up with the sounds of Roth laughing hysterically at his own utterances.

Yeah, I'd enjoy hearing/reading a Roth interview, if only because they've been pretty infrequent over the last 11 years. If I were running a retro rock print magazine with a limited circulation or a podcast with a small budget, I'm not sure I'd be willing to pony up 10k + for Roth NOW in the hopes that I would make that investment back.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    What in the fuck could an bald, aging "rock star" has been have to say? My best guess is your homoerotic boy toy will be another Henry Rollins complete with disdain for the current music "biz" and a name's name of those nostalgic days when records were records. Boring. Roth is better off counting his royal checks and just shutting the fuck up where he can live out his days until cancer claims him in about 8 to 10 years. It's past time to grow up and face the reality that you cretins are all getting old and no question much of you are already taking advantage of your AARP benefits. It's great if you want to revisit your past - that's what your acne-faced high school yearbook is for. As for Roth, leave the man alone. Seek a support group for your homoerotic fixation. Maybe AARP can help you with that.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Hmmm Kristy... if we're all old, pathetic lost causes and Roth is all washed up, then why do you bother coming here at all..?

Doesn't your young, vibrant, hetroerotic, psychologically balanced, wonderful life keep you busy enough to not waste your time on this place?

We all tend socialize with people with common interests, social/economic status and like minded folks... ask yourself why you keep arriving at this place if you aren't part of the gang..?

7. Thanked ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

78/84 guy (08-28-2018)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:57 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,554 Times in 3,443 Posts

It's funny how she/it puts more into this thread than nearly everyone else on the site; but WE have the problem...

9. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

78/84 guy (08-28-2018)

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    Hmmm Kristy... if we're all old, pathetic lost causes and Roth is all washed up, then why do you bother coming here at all..?
    Because, unlike you senile cretins, I have hope for mankind.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    It's funny how she/it puts more into this thread than nearly everyone else on the site; but WE have the problem...

Admitting that is half the battle, Wiki Niki

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    I'd applaud your effort, but it's totally misplaced... you'd have better luck selling a vegan diet at a Bar-B-Q joint...

Since you like lost causes... you got $10k..? Go get us an interview with Roth. It would surely benefit mankind more than mouthin off at Nick!!!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Admitting that is half the battle, Wiki Niki
    That you're obsessed with people you think are obsessed?

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Again, what would he have to say? The man lives a more or less private life now. He can retire comfortably from royalty checks and the scam payments for their reunion tour. He hasn't produced anything of significant value in decades, he no longer has the charisma or the talent he once did. Age gets the best of us and we develop cancer and die a painful death. Roth is on his way there. Even if he did speak, it would a Henry Rollins diatribe of memory lane of music industry sarcasm and nostalgia. Yeah, all the world needs right now another over opinionated asshole like Henry Rollins for the one-time payment of $10,000. Fuck that.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    That you're obsessed with people you think are obsessed?
    That's a real obsessive thing to say.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-21-2021 @ 06:04 PM
    Status
    Thanks

The ten grand are just a "fuck off"-sign to keep the fanboys off. Imagine all the Spicolis asking if Dave would play on their birthday party if they had a free shot.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Again, what would he have to say? The man lives a more or less private life now. He can retire comfortably from royalty checks and the scam payments for their reunion tour.
    I really wonder what artists actually earn in royalties and did a search and came up with this for an artist who had over a million stream on Spotify from a 2016 article. It should be noted that when royalties are distributed they go to the label who takes their cut and then distributes to publishers, song writers and then the "artist".

Total number of streams: 1,023,501

Total revenue: $4,955.90

In Dave's case, for say Van Halen or his old solo work... WB (Warner Brothers) and whoever publishes their stuff get a cut and then it's split at least 4 ways to the guys in the band at the time. For over a million streams I'd guess he'd be lucky to pull down a couple hundred bucks, maybe. I can't imagine any album sales or even download sales being all that high in volume these days nor radio air-play... I'd suspect annual royalties may not even cover his property taxes and utilities for a year...

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I really wonder what artists actually earn in royalties and did a search and came up with this for an artist who had over a million stream on Spotify from a 2016 article. It should be noted that when royalties are distributed they go to the label who takes their cut and then distributes to publishers, song writers and then the "artist".

Total number of streams: 1,023,501

Total revenue: $4,955.90

In Dave's case, for say Van Halen or his old solo work... WB (Warner Brothers) and whoever publishes their stuff get a cut and then it's split at least 4 ways to the guys in the band at the time. For over a million streams I'd guess he'd be lucky to pull down a couple hundred bucks, maybe. I can't imagine any album sales or even download sales being all that high in volume these days nor radio air-play... I'd suspect annual royalties may not even cover his property taxes and utilities for a year...
    If the label is getting "their cut" is from distribution rights and not songwriting publishing which as of present is Atlas Music which is an independent music publishing source. Then there is merchandising rights and license - unless methy Eddie and his creepy as fuck brother own the VH logo and have registered it as a trademark for themselves, Roth gets his cut form that, too. Now, I do know how much they get from radio play (which can be little) or public broadcast (shit like hockey games) but that's where the real money is. Then there was the 2015 or 16 tour or whenever the fuck it was. What do you estimate was Roth's cut from that? Well over a million? Maybe more? After taxes and road and managerial fees who really knows. He may not be a richy rich rock star or have have the income he once did but if he invested his money wisely and lives on an fixed annuity from interest I'd say he lives a rather comfortable life.

19. 2 users say thank you to Kristy for this KICKASS post:

Terry (08-01-2018)

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Oh, and fuck Spotify. That is nothing more than a con racket. Those fuckers are thieves. And fuck you to anyone here who uses it - and no bullshit "I only use it for what's new" horseshit.

Here's The The's Matt Johnson (a god damn limey) explaining how those corporate fucktards at Spotify operate as the criminals they are. Hopefully Roth did what Matt here did.

21. Thanked Kristy for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (08-01-2018)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I doubt Roth gets much, if anything, from merchandising today... definitely nothing from all the stripped shit and musical equipment EVH sells. Other than that, old tour shirts if anyone is buying that stuff. Again... no huge revenue stream.

The 2015 tour grossed $26 million. The 2012 ADKOT tour grossed $38.6 million. I have no idea what the net pay to the band members would have been after the promoters, management, venues and all the associated expenses were paid. Maybe a couple of million..?

It's been 3 years since they last toured... they're either living frugally or hopefully invested smart...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,337 Times in 6,024 Posts

Spotify 'royalties' are a joke, especially when you consider that premium users can download the songs. For bands of the Van Halen level I think there is still a pretty steady income from other sources, some publishing and more high profile stuff.

I was very surprised to hear 'I'm the One' as the title music to the recent Bruce Willis roast I guess that's worth just a few grand but Jump in Ready Player One or Eruption in the Minions movie must pay pretty well.

https://entertainment.howstuffworks....licensing4.htm

Low-end TV usage (e.g. -- music is playing from a jukebox in a scene, but no one in the scene is paying any attention to the music) -- free (for exposure) to $2,000 for a 5-year license. In a film, the fee would be $10,000 in perpetuity.
    A more popular song is worth more, perhaps $3,000 for TV and $25,000 for film.
    A song used as the theme song for a film might get $50,000 to $75,000.
    Commercials fetch even more money: "a song can command anywhere from $25,000 to $500,000 plus per year. The typical range for a well-known song is $75,000 to $200,000 for a one year national usage in the United States, on television and radio."
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 08-01-2018 at 07:40 PM.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I doubt Roth gets much, if anything, from merchandising today... definitely nothing from all the stripped shit and musical equipment EVH sells. Other than that, old tour shirts if anyone is buying that stuff. Again... no huge revenue stream.

The 2015 tour grossed $26 million. The 2012 ADKOT tour grossed $38.6 million. I have no idea what the net pay to the band members would have been after the promoters, management, venues and all the associated expenses were paid. Maybe a couple of million..?

It's been 3 years since they last toured... they're either living frugally or hopefully invested smart...
    I don't know what the revenues from merchandising might be, but they ain't included in that tour sum. I do see kids buying CVH shirts, especially the "Hot For Teacher" one I have. And I think you underestimate their overall annual revenue stream. I've mentioned before that I once heard an NPR story on the guy behind The Waitresses, Chris Butler, who wrote one of their hits "Christmas Wrapping". On an off year, he gets $30,000 in royalties for that song alone. If it's used in a film, major TV show, or video game, he gets around $100,000. Ah, the majesty of being in the song writing credits!
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 08-01-2018 at 07:49 PM.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I'm not implying Roth is on the verge of bankruptcy... all those 5-6 figure amounts y'all referenced is good money. But, Dave's not earning those amounts directly... netting out Roth's take after you factor in the record label (WB), publishers and then dividing the remaining portion by 3-4 fellow band members... $100,000 probably ends up a couple thousand cash in hand after taxes at best, annually.

Roth's house in Pasadena is over 11,000 sq ft on 2 acres... valued around $2.4 million. His taxes, utilities and maintaining it probably cost him $30-50k a year. Not sure if he still maintains an apartment in New York... that won't come cheap at all.

I sense a tour may become a necessity soon...

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Oh, he has money and he can afford the taxes.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-07-2021 @ 07:51 PM
    Burlington, Ontario (Canada motherfucker!!)
    Status
    Thanks

I'm not implying Roth is on the verge of bankruptcy... all those 5-6 figure amounts y'all referenced is good money. But, Dave's not earning those amounts directly... netting out Roth's take after you factor in the record label (WB), publishers and then dividing the remaining portion by 3-4 fellow band members... $100,000 probably ends up a couple thousand cash in hand after taxes at best, annually.

Roth's house in Pasadena is over 11,000 sq ft on 2 acres... valued around $2.4 million. His taxes, utilities and maintaining it probably cost him $30-50k a year. Not sure if he still maintains an apartment in New York... that won't come cheap at all.

Dave bought the house from his dad over 30 years ago, for 10 million dollars.

The value of the property currently is public record. I always laugh at you people who think you know how much anyone is worth.

You have no idea how much money Dave has, nor anyone else.

I remember about 10 years ago, AC/DC did not tour nor make an album, but still made 40+ million dollars on royalties alone.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    The value I sighted in my previous post was from a public record from 2016... Also multiple media articles reference the value of Dave's house in the $2+ million range. That would pretty much negate your claim that Dave bought it from his father for $10 million. Housing prices in that area have steady, if not unrealistic growth in the last 30 years.

You may want to direct that laughter at yourself, chief...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Just for shits and giggles, I Googled Dave's current net worth at $60 million. By no means is he the richest rock star, but he's doing well and I'm pretty sure Dave was the one that invested wisely, and there is a good chance he might be worth a bit more...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-11-2024 @ 11:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,990 Times in 3,229 Posts

Blog Entries
    The value I sighted in my previous post was from a public record from 2016... Also multiple media articles reference the value of Dave's house in the $2+ million range. That would pretty much negate your claim that Dave bought it from his father for $10 million. Housing prices in that area have steady, if not unrealistic growth in the last 30 years.

Appraisal values mean nothing. Property is worth what someone is willing to pay for it or what the bank is willing to finance for it. Low interest rates typically mean high real estate values and then add in foreign investors like the Chinese who are using real estate to get their money out of the PRC that balloons the values even higher. Right now we are in another real estate bubble but interest rates are creeping up and foreign buying is waining. This affects the selling price. Real estate values can fluctuate wildly especially after a bubble pops. You can lose half or more of the value overnight. If Dave wants to keep the house to live in that's one thing but if he's keeping it for investment he should have unloaded it a year ago. Prices are crazy again and we saw this before in 2008. Since the last recession tapped out the working class this next one will hit the upper class which will bring luxury real estate prices down substantially. Big homes will be a hard sell in the future.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-11-2024 @ 11:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,990 Times in 3,229 Posts

Blog Entries
    A friend of mine just sold some Seattle property he paid $80,000 for in 1994 for $650,000 last week. The market is crazy and if people think it's going up any more they are nuts. Of course the banks will go to the federal government wanting another bailout after this bubble pops.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-17-2024 @ 01:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,481 Posts

Blog Entries
    Plus, with Dave, he has no ex-wives or children to support. His dependent overhead is...what, a couple of English sheepdogs and an Asian...er, "houseboy"/masseuse?

Unless Roth is still spending like it's 1986, it's a pretty good guess - regardless of the accuracy of Google Net Worth and what we actually know about the extent of his real estate holdings and liquidity - that he'll be fine, financially.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-07-2021 @ 07:51 PM
    Burlington, Ontario (Canada motherfucker!!)
    Status
    Thanks

A shithole house (2 bedroom) in Toronto is at least 2 million dollars.

Dave's house is 20, 000 square feet and a historical site.

My God, but you're not bright, Chief.

Do you think a property like that in Pasadena is worth only 2 million? The fucking pool and birdbath alone are worth 2 million.

But I must be wrong, because you GOOGLED it, GOOGLE must be correct.

Nobody knows Jack Fuck how much money Dave has or anyone else. His accountants probably don't even really know.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Are you like this all the time in real life or just a prick on this website?

I've been wondering about it for a while....

Now we are very much in the end times of forums like this before it gets shut down I'm genuinely curious about people who are just insanely fucking cunty on here.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    A friend of mine just sold some Seattle property he paid $80,000 for in 1994 for $650,000 last week. The market is crazy and if people think it's going up any more they are nuts. Of course the banks will go to the federal government wanting another bailout after this bubble pops.
    Yeah, all thanks to your F A T fucking joke of a leader. Besides, if we have a collapse it will be in retail which has been dying in America for the past 15 years. The F A T Orange Blunder's tariffs are about to drive a McDonald's cheeseburger into the heart of it.

As for Roth, who cares? He's old, pretty much retired and halfway dead - just like Eddie and the creepy one.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Now we are very much in the end times of forums like this before it gets shut down I'm genuinely curious about people who are just insanely fucking cunty on here.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Geez what's with the Canadian going off on this..? Oh yeah, Canadian...

I had used the assessed value, which is what's available publicly. Plus it supported the point I was trying to make on estimating expenses (taxes) which are based on assessed values. Since Dave bought the house in 1991 for $1.3 million (not $10 million) the current value discussed at $2.4 million does align with the market. This isn't the first discussion here on this...

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/archi...p/t-72281.html

Belly Searcher
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 11:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks

26 in '15 and 54 in '12, were the tour grosses. Plus merchandising. A 1/4 of that after expenses probably isn't top athlete money, but I bet the way Dave lives, he can live on just that, forget royalties from Jump, Panama and DTNA being played all over the world daily. He's probably invested well, too. I'm more worried about BumBahDeeDah.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-15-2024 @ 07:40 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Is this how you contribute ? Bitching daily on a website named after someone you have zero interest in ? Spare me honey.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Hey! The language.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2018 @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Keep in mind, there are kids who play video games on Twitch and Youtube who make a minimum of $18,000 a month(with ads, sponsors, donations, etc...). The Highest paid make over a million a month. These guys can make up to $10,000 PER HOUR to play a sponsored video game on Twitch or Youtube or Facebook Live, etc...

For Diamond David Lee Roth to expect at least $10,000 just to arrange to talk to the legend himself, not counting his actual fee, is perfectly reasonable.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Roth doesn't get the $10k to arrange the talk... the Talent pimp (agency) gets that fee.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-21-2021 @ 06:04 PM
    Status
    Thanks

As long as he doesn't do Vegas weddings for 6 grands, fine...on the other hand...he'd do it perfect!

Imagine a "No hold mambo slammer Picasso brother"-wedding at "Club Dave Chapelle".

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I've seen some pretty nuts supposed outgoings for Roth over the years, I looked it up and apparently it seems that the property tax in Pasadena is just 1% of what you paid for it with reductions if it's your main residence - I think he's fine on being able to afford it. His tax on that house probably isn't much more than the cost of this site per year...

http://www.pasadenacarealestatehomes...roperty-taxes/

Thread Information