Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,279 Times in 4,710 Posts

Bad News is that Sammy Hagar is making another album

blabbermouth.net
    Sammy Hagar And The Circle To Release 'Space Between' Album In January
    September 10, 2018

SAMMY HAGAR And THE CIRCLE To Release 'Space Between' Album In January

Sammy Hagar spoke to Broward Palm Beach New Times about "Space Between", the upcoming first album of all-original material from THE CIRCLE, his critically acclaimed supergroup also featuring Michael Anthony, Jason Bonham and Vic Johnson.

"It's about the misconception that money is the root of all evil, because the truth of the matter is, that it isn't money at all," Hagar said. "You can feed the poor, you can heal the sick, you can make people happy, you can stop a war with money, but it's greed that is the problem. That's what the whole record is about. It's what I discovered by being both rich and poor."

Hagar added that "Space Between", which is tentatively due in January 2019, will likely be his last album, and he hopes to get a Grammy for it.

"That's my bucket list: to have one more credible musical experience in my life," he said. "I think I did it, and I hope it's as good as I think it is. I've been double-parked in the rock 'n' roll business for 40 years, and I want a stamp on my validation so I don't have to pay to get out."

Bonham told Sonic Perspectives in a recent interview that THE CIRCLE's upcoming disc is a "concept kind of album" that needs to be listened to "in a specific order, which kind of tells the story."

The drummer added that Hagar has "been really inspired as of late, and I think it's gonna be some of his best stuff. It's definitely diverse," he said. "As I said, when you listen to it in the order… It's gonna be an incredible… What he wanted to do was do something very different than he's ever done, which is send you on a journey, like the old days. When you put on an album, you listened to it from start to finish instead of just a song — where the placement of each [song] is vital for it to make sense."

THE CIRCLE released a concert album, "At Your Service", in May 2015. Recorded on tour in 2014, it features live performances of hits from Sammy's four decades of rock (MONTROSE, solo, VAN HALEN, THE WABORITAS, CHICKENFOOT) as well as classic tracks from the LED ZEPPELIN catalog.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,279 Times in 4,710 Posts

Space Between? Is he talking about that empty void between his ears??

3. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

Jérôme Frenchise (09-12-2018)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-11-2024 @ 11:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,990 Times in 3,229 Posts

Blog Entries
    iTunes and Amazon will probably ban it because listening to it may make people sick.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Sammy is such an insecure, self agrandizing, attention whore. He has to be out in some form of media letting us know how supposedly cool he is. Really. Sam. You got lucky. You made a lot of dough mostly by importing tequila someone else made and building a brand around it and selling the brand. Take your money and disappear. Please. You got three nice homes on some nice real estate. Enjoy the spoils. You are old. We really don't want to see you running around in a Hawaiian Punch outfit flirting with some whores you had to pay to show up on stage. Please go Sam. Have mercy!

6. 2 users say thank you to Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (09-11-2018),Terry (09-16-2018)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    "There's Sam again. Knocking on the window selling tequila" --David Lee Roth--

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-21-2021 @ 06:04 PM
    Status
    Thanks

It's getting worse. The Grammy Academy will honour QUEEN and actually choose Hagar and Anthony to butcher...errr..."perform" We Will Rock You...of all the musicians you could pick from...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Spammy should have called it Taint.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-17-2024 @ 01:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,481 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Sammy is such an insecure, self agrandizing, attention whore. He has to be out in some form of media letting us know how supposedly cool he is. Really. Sam. You got lucky. You made a lot of dough mostly by importing tequila someone else made and building a brand around it and selling the brand. Take your money and disappear. Please. You got three nice homes on some nice real estate. Enjoy the spoils. You are old. We really don't want to see you running around in a Hawaiian Punch outfit flirting with some whores you had to pay to show up on stage. Please go Sam. Have mercy!
    Just what the world in 2019 is waiting for: another Sammy Hagar album...a CONCEPT album, no less.

A concept album about greed and money, to boot. This from a republican rock star who has spent the last 35 years bragging/lying about how many albums he has sold, how many arenas he has filled, how much he has made off of his Cabo Wabo concept and tequila biz.

Although his claim of wanting one ("more"?) credible musical experience in his life before he retires does confirm what I suspected as to why he has been pushing so hard for a(nother) Van Halen reunion: Hagar is having flop sweats that Van Halen will either retire before Hagar gets one last turn fronting, or keep on going with Roth. Either direction relegating Hagar to ending his performing days fronting The Circle in front of small audiences.

Clearly, Hagar isn't happy with that prospect, or he wouldn't have spent the last decade letting the Van Halens know via interviews that he is still available to perform with them: if you are content with what you have, you don't make public noises about how you would do something else if asked.

Thread Information