Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:17 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,579 Times in 3,458 Posts

Brett Kavanaugh’s Fox News Interview Is Now Testimony Under Oath
    Rolling Stone 1 hour 44 minutes ago

Last week, the Senate Judiciary Committee released transcripts of a private interview with Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. In his sworn testimony, Kavanaugh denied the explosive sexual allegations brought by Julie Swetnick. “I’ve never participated in a gang rape.” Kavanaugh said. “I’ve never participated in sexual activity with more than one woman present and me. I think — yeah. Just making sure I accurately described that. In other words, I’ve never had a threesome or more than a threesome.” Kavanaugh also flatly denied the allegations brought by Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, who has accused Kavanaugh of sexual assault, and Yale classmate Deborah Ramirez, who accused Kavanaugh of exposing his penis to her at a party.

Kavanaugh’s lawyerly parsing of his sexual activity among multiple women was highlighted by Axios. But other news from the transcript has escaped notice. Most consequential: that Fox News interview that Kavanaugh conducted with Martha MacCallum has been entered into evidence as testimony by Kavanaugh — under “penalty of felony,” as the judge might put it. This means that the credibility-straining claims Kavanaugh made on the network could now place him in legal jeopardy.

In the Judiciary Committee transcript, the Fox News interview is placed retroactively under oath. A staffer, whose name is redacted, asks Kavanaugh: “Everything that you said on that interview, do you — do you affirm that today? Do you adopt that as your testimony today?” Kavanaugh replies, “Yes.” The SCOTUS nominee also responds in the affirmative when the questioner asks if Kavanaugh understands that entering his answers to Fox News as testimony means that he is “subject to felony prosecution if you’re lying.”

Reviewing the Fox News transcript, Kavanaugh has now placed the following claims under oath:

His behavior toward women:

Kavanaugh: “I’ve always treated women with dignity and respect.”

His days at Georgetown Prep:

Kavanaugh: “I was focused on academics and athletics, going to church every Sunday at Little Flower, working on my service projects, and friendship, friendship with my fellow classmates and friendship with girls from the local all girls Catholic schools…. I was focused on trying to be number one in my class and being captain of the varsity basketball team and doing my service projects, going to church.”

His sexual experiences:

Kavanaugh: “I did not have sexual intercourse or anything close to sexual intercourse in high school or for many years thereafter…”

MacCallum: “So you’re saying that through all these years that are in question, you were a virgin?”

Kavanaugh: “That’s correct.”

MacCallum: “Never had sexual intercourse with anyone in high school —”

Kavanaugh: “Correct.”

MacCallum: “— and through what years in college since we’re probing into your personally life here?”

Kavanaugh: “Many years after. I’ll leave it at that. Many years after.”

His drinking habit:

MacCallum: “Was there ever a time that you drank so much that you couldn’t remember what happened the night before?”

Kavanaugh: “No, that never happened.”

MacCallum: “You never said to anyone, ‘I don’t remember anything about last night.’”

Kavanaugh: “No, that did not happen.”

Kavanaugh’s contemporaries have publicly disputed several of these claims. Kavanaugh and other Georgetown Prep classmates wrote in their yearbooks of being a “Renate alumnus.” (Kavanaugh misspelled it as “alumnius.”) The woman they referred to, Renate Schroeder Dolphin, understands the entries as bragging about making her a sexual conquest. “The insinuation is horrible, hurtful and simply untrue,” she told the New York Times. (In his public Senate testimony, Kavanaugh claimed: “That yearbook reference was clumsily intended to show affection, and that she was one of us.”)

Kavanaugh’s Yale classmates also disputed his claim of moderate drinking. His former classmate Liz Swisher told the Washington Post: “Brett was a sloppy drunk, and I know because I drank with him. I watched him drink more than a lot of people. He’d end up slurring his words, stumbling,” she said, adding, “it’s not credible for him to say that he has had no memory lapses in the nights that he drank to excess.”

Another Yale contemporary, Lynne Brookes, also said Kavanaugh’s Fox News interview (now testimony) was laughable. “He’s trying to paint himself as some kind of choir boy,” she told the Post. “You can’t lie your way onto the Supreme Court, and with that statement out, he’s gone too far. It’s about the integrity of that institution.”

Kavanaugh’s freshman year roommate, James Roche, recalled to the New Yorker that Kavanaugh was “frequently, incoherently drunk.” In a new statement, a former Kavanaugh drinking buddy, Chad Luddington, writes he has been “deeply troubled by what has been a blatant mischaracterization by Brett himself of his drinking at Yale.” He added: “On many occasions I heard Brett slur his words and saw him staggering from alcohol consumption, not all of which was beer. When Brett got drunk, he was often belligerent and aggressive.”

Documents released by Judiciary Committee member Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) also cast doubt on Kavanaugh’s truthfulness about drinking and memory. Emails from Kavanaugh’s time in the George W. Bush White House record his participation in a 2001 boy’s weekend on a boat rented from Annapolis, Maryland.

In an email to his friends from his White House account upon returning to work, Kavanaugh thanks his ship-mates for a great adventure but confesses he does not remember everything that happened, while apologizing for his belligerence: “Excellent time,” Kavanaugh writes in a message dated September 10th, 2001. “Apologies to all for missing Friday (good excuse), arriving late Saturday (weak excuse), and growing aggressive after blowing still another game of dice (don’t recall).”

LINK
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:50 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,014 Times in 3,249 Posts

Blog Entries
    Just wait until we get to when Kavanaugh partied with Van Halen backstage.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

private parts (10-02-2018)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    04-15-2024 @ 08:15 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,003 Posts

Blog Entries
    LOL so the sexual assault allegations can't be corroborated... so now it's about his drinking alcohol..? What's next on the fishing expedition..?

The FBI is conducting it's 7th background investigation of Kavanaugh. 7th. Let that sink in.

If there were anything of noteworthy concern with this guy... don't you think it would have surfaced somewhere in the previous 6 FBI background investigations. Note: all of which was presented and reviewed by the Senate Judicial committee that previously confirmed him for the job he holds today...

PFC Roth Army
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 08:54 PM
    Status
    Thanks

It's possible FBI only did a cursory check and didn't go that deep. Six times..........

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Brett Kavanaugh: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO)

I realize they probably cherry picked the bad stuff for the show but this guy looked like a train wreck.
    His initial rant seemed pretty undignified and went downhill from there- sniffing like he's coming off a week long coke binge and poking his cheek with his tongue (secret BJ signal to all the women in the room?) What the hell?...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,397 Times in 6,054 Posts

Forget even the sex accusations, how can you appoint a guy for life to sit in judgement of you all when he's been telling so many check able small lies under oath?

Surely the whole point of the process is to stop someone like that being appointed?

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    LOL so the sexual assault allegations can't be corroborated... so now it's about his drinking alcohol..? What's next on the fishing expedition..?

The FBI is conducting it's 7th background investigation of Kavanaugh. 7th. Let that sink in.

If there were anything of noteworthy concern with this guy... don't you think it would have surfaced somewhere in the previous 6 FBI background investigations. Note: all of which was presented and reviewed by the Senate Judicial committee that previously confirmed him for the job he holds today...
    FFS look up lying under oath. People are denied security clearances and gov't for the very same things, some even prosecuted. But no matter what his a hole does, it's okay cause he's right wing and Trump app'td him...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

LOL The Flyer's mascot Gritty is pretty upsetting:

Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,297 Times in 4,722 Posts

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Forget even the sex accusations, how can you appoint a guy for life to sit in judgement of you all when he's been telling so many check able small lies under oath?

Surely the whole point of the process is to stop someone like that being appointed?
    I'm not sure any person in government at any level in any country on Earth could pass an "I've never lied" test...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

But surely you want a Supreme Court Judge not to lie repeatedly during his interview - they don't usually do that do they?

He lied at least a dozen times and that is just the ones that are easy to catch.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.bbae72f8cc6f

Still, let’s look at some of the other things he has said, many of which concern Christine Blasey Ford’s allegation that he sexually assaulted her:

“I never attended a gathering like the one Dr. Ford describes in her allegation,” Kavanaugh said in his testimony. Ford described a small gathering of fewer than 10 teenagers at which beer was consumed. But his own calendars reference such gatherings.

“Dr. Ford’s allegation is not merely uncorroborated, it is refuted by the very people she says were there, including by a long-time friend of hers. Refuted.” This is false. The people in question said they have no memory of the event, which is very, very different from refuting the idea that the event ever took place. Since nothing of note happened to them at the gathering, there’s little reason to think they would recall it all these years later.

Kavanaugh repeatedly characterized his drinking as regular but moderate, insisting that he has never been so drunk that he couldn’t remember what happened the next day. “Like most people in college I went to parties and had beers,” he said to Judiciary Committee staff. Yet multiple people have now described him as being frequently stumbling drunk in high school and college. “He frequently drank to excess,” one classmate said. “I know because I frequently drank to excess with him.” Another said, “I definitely saw him on multiple occasions stumbling drunk where he could not have rational control over his actions or clear recollection of them.”

“And yes, there were parties. And the drinking age was 18, and yes, the seniors were legal and had beer there,” he said in his interview with Fox News. In his testimony, he repeated the same idea: “My friends and I sometimes got together and had parties on weekends. The drinking age was 18 in Maryland for most of my time in high school, and was 18 in D.C. for all of my time in high school. I drank beer with my friends.” This is false. The drinking age in Maryland was raised to 21 in 1982, when Kavanaugh was 17. There was not a single day during his entire time in high school when it was legal for him to drink.

In one of his friend Mark Judge’s books, a memoir of his time in high school, Judge uses pseudonyms for other people he describes. At one point he refers to a “Bart O’Kavanaugh” throwing up in a car. Sen. Pat Leahy asked, “Is that you that he’s talking about?” to which Kavanaugh got indignant and accused Leahy of trying to “make fun of some guy who has an addiction,” meaning Judge. Pressed on whether “O’Kavanaugh” was him, Kavanaugh finally said, “You’d have to ask him.”
    His yearbook refers to him as “Beach Week Ralph Club — Biggest Contributor.” Beach Week is a yearly bacchanal of drinking, drugs, and sex that D.C.-area prep school kids engage in with little or no adult supervision, but Kavanaugh claims that all that was being memorialized was the fact that “I’m known to have a weak stomach and I always have … whether it’s with beer or with spicy food or anything.”

Kavanaugh claimed that a series of sexual references in his yearbook actually amounted to a vernacular unique to him, in which commonly understood slang terms took on meanings different from what every other person anyone can find understood them to mean. He said the “Devil’s Triangle,” which refers to a threesome with two men and one woman, was actually a drinking game similar to quarters, despite the fact that there is no reference anywhere on the Internet to such a drinking game, and claimed that “boofing” referred not to one of its two common meanings (anal sex or the practice of taking drugs as suppositories) but to flatulence. A reference to “FFFFFFFourth of July” was not a sexual one, but mocking a classmate who stuttered.

He claimed that multiple references to him and his friends being “Renate alumni,” referring to a young woman from a nearby school, were not sexual boasting and slut-shaming, but were merely included on their yearbook pages to show their affection and admiration for her. “That yearbook reference was clumsily intended to show affection, and that she was one of us,” he said. That must have been why one of his classmates, joining in the show of “affection,” included a poem: “You need a date / and it’s getting late / so don’t hesitate / to call Renate.” When Sen. Richard Blumenthal raised it, Kavanaugh affected deep umbrage, claiming he actually thinks “she’s a great person.” If there’s a single person in America who believes that yearbook reference was meant to show affection, they have yet to make themselves known.

“I got into Yale Law School. That’s the number one law school in the country. I had no connections there. I got there by busting my tail in college.” This picture of Kavanaugh is absurd. He went to an elite prep school with other children of wealth and influence, he got into Yale as a legacy (his grandfather went there), and one suspects that being a Yale undergrad didn’t harm his chances of getting into Yale Law School.

“I grew up in a city plagued by gun violence and gang violence and drug violence,” he said in his first round of hearings. Kavanaugh grew up in Bethesda, Md., a wealthy suburb where there is almost no gun violence or gang violence. Though there is plenty of drug use, since the drugs are taken by wealthy white people, the police don’t get involved and there isn’t much violence around it.

When Kavanaugh was working in the Bush White House on judicial confirmations, a Republican Senate staffer stole Democratic documents and shared what they contained with Kavanaugh, among others. In his hearings, Kavanaugh claimed “I never suspected anything untoward” in the information he was given, despite the fact that it contained references to confidential information about Democrats’ internal discussions and strategy that they had no legitimate access to.

He claimed to have no knowledge of the sexually explicit jokes, comments and emails by Alex Kozinski, a judge for whom he clerked and to whom he remained close afterward, and who was recently forced from the bench when his history became public. Another of Kozinski’s former clerks wrote, “I do not know how it would be possible to forget something as pervasive as Kozinski’s famously sexual sense of humor or his gag list, as Kavanaugh has professed to in his hearings.”

Taken in total, what we have here are some apparent outright lies, some deceptions, some mischaracterizations, some evasions and a general picture of someone who decided that giving truthful answers to all these admittedly personal questions would only get him into more trouble. Does that mean Kavanaugh shouldn’t serve on the Supreme Court? Sen. Jeff Flake told “60 Minutes” that if it became clear that Kavanaugh had not been truthful in his testimony, then he should be rejected.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    You really want to place a lot moral weight on the yearbook notes from high school 35 years ago and use that as a value judgement of someone's honesty..?

I took some time to read several of his judicial writings from his appellate court cases the last 20 years. He appears to support the Constitution and rule of law quite eloquently and most had no political agenda elements whatsoever.

Sorry I just can't put that much weight over a teenager's high school bullshit when you've got over 2 decades of fair and notable judicial rulings.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It's a job interview for a $240k a year job with benefits and 3 months vacation that he can retire on full salary in 15 years time.

That hysterical performance on Thursday shouldn't have got him any job apart from as a hammy actor.

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    02-05-2021 @ 09:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks

It's a job interview for a $240k a year job with benefits and 3 months vacation that he can retire on full salary in 15 years time.

That hysterical performance on Thursday shouldn't have got him any job apart from as a hammy actor.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If Ford had done all that sniveling and crying like Kavanaugh she would have been dismissed as a hysterical woman.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    You really want to place a lot moral weight on the yearbook notes from high school 35 years ago and use that as a value judgement of someone's honesty..?

I took some time to read several of his judicial writings from his appellate court cases the last 20 years. He appears to support the Constitution and rule of law quite eloquently and most had no political agenda elements whatsoever.

Sorry I just can't put that much weight over a teenager's high school bullshit when you've got over 2 decades of fair and notable judicial rulings.
    What it's really about is a part of the country has determined that a women's right to have an abortion is one of the natural laws we are entitled to under our constitutional republic. Kavenaugh represents repealing Roe vs Wade in the minds of many. So what we are in the process as a country is deciding whether the right to an abortion is part of the natural law we are entitled to. Jefferson said it himself every generation is going to battle over what they want the republic to be. For me. I grew up in a conservative christian household but my mom was also a registered nurse when abortions were illegal. She saw the results of plenty of women coming into the hospital as a result of self-abortion attempts or illegal butcher shops. She was pro-choice as a result. That didn't stand so well with members of our church but my mom didn't care and she also made an effort to be one of the most charitable people in the church volunteering many hours in helping people in various ways. So years ago my mom decided for herself what the republic should be. The Supreme Court ruled that a woman has the right to an abortion. What we are seeing now is a fight to continue that ruling and the people who want abortion to be legal don't trust Kavenaugh. As far as the partisan bickering goes. That's always there. Enjoy the freak show.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure any person in government at any level in any country on Earth could pass an "I've never lied" test...
    In the government if you are competent and qualified that will guarantee you will never get a job. You need to be flawed, controllable, and dependent on the system. Then if you can lie your ass off to cover your flaws in public, you will fit into the swamp nicely.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    What it's really about is a part of the country has determined that a women's right to have an abortion is one of the natural laws we are entitled to under our constitutional republic. Kavenaugh represents repealing Roe vs Wade in the minds of many.
    There are 24 other equally partisan people on the shortlist most of whom are no doubt just as keen to do away with Roe v Wade. The suspicion is that Kavanagh's special because he is the only one on record who rules out legal action against a president.

20. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (10-03-2018)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    There are 24 other equally partisan people on the shortlist most of whom are no doubt just as keen to do away with Roe v Wade. The suspicion is that Kavanagh's special because he is the only one on record who rules out legal action against a president.
    The Supreme Court does one thing and one thing only in theory. They decide whether a law is constitutional or not. The court is there to keep not only the federal government in line but state and local governments as well. The court doesn't decide on what happens to a US president. That is the job of the US Congress. Of course these judges are politicized and every party wants the court loaded so they can use it as their own politiburo. Of course repealing Roe vs Wade is a bit of fear mongering the Democrats use to sway people to vote for them in elections. If the court ever managed to repeal Roe vs Wade you would have open rebellion in the country and too many people are in support of legal abortion that they would just ignore the law much like what is happening with our immigration laws. In the liberal areas they are telling ICE to go fuck themselves. So it's all political charade and really, I could care less about Kavenaugh. He's a neocon out of the Bush machine. I think the allegations are bullshit but I could care less if the guy gets on the court.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 10-03-2018 at 02:17 AM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    The bottom line is we are going to see where the country goes. Maybe we will split up into separate parts or maybe things will devolve into another civil war and who wins that will be the decider. Who knows. One thing I know for sure is we aren't going to get together and sing Kumbya. Who knows where it's going to go but all this good economic news you are hearing about is just fluff. We are going to have another market crash and might as well leave Trump in for it. He will own the economic collapse. There is a bunch of debt that needs to deleverage and without the old banking laws the lending and financial games are taking us to a financial blowout. If you look at the Smart Money Index the more experienced traders having been buying into the markets. In fact, they have been selling. It's the suckers buying and it's the suckers who believe Trump. Like Shakesphere said,"All the World is a Stage".

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    What it's really about is a part of the country has determined that a women's right to have an abortion is one of the natural laws we are entitled to under our constitutional republic. Kavenaugh represents repealing Roe vs Wade in the minds of many. So what we are in the process as a country is deciding whether the right to an abortion is part of the natural law we are entitled to. Jefferson said it himself every generation is going to battle over what they want the republic to be. For me. I grew up in a conservative christian household but my mom was also a registered nurse when abortions were illegal. She saw the results of plenty of women coming into the hospital as a result of self-abortion attempts or illegal butcher shops. She was pro-choice as a result. That didn't stand so well with members of our church but my mom didn't care and she also made an effort to be one of the most charitable people in the church volunteering many hours in helping people in various ways. So years ago my mom decided for herself what the republic should be. The Supreme Court ruled that a woman has the right to an abortion. What we are seeing now is a fight to continue that ruling and the people who want abortion to be legal don't trust Kavenaugh. As far as the partisan bickering goes. That's always there. Enjoy the freak show.

Natural law written by slaves owners that actively fucked their female house concubines. FFS it wasn't handed down by God!

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    That's a very good point... there's two women that make Kavanaugh look like a moderate. Judges Amy Coney Barrett, a Catholic and Joan Larsen a far right conservative.

With what's gone on so far and taping the "me too" angle... one could reasonably expect either of those two looking like a good choice next in line to counter expected opposition.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I doubt either of them have written papers on how a president shouldn't be able to be subpoened or indicted by a special prosecutor.

Plus frankly I seriously doubt either of them as women would have been able to become senior judges with the emotional personality flaws shown by Kavanaugh. For example they could probably manage to talk about their parents calendar without breaking down into tears.

26. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

ZahZoo (10-03-2018)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And now... here's a word from a tool who makes Alex Jones look sane....

Right.... so Poppy's CIA brainwashed these women years ago, because he knew someday that his idiot son's drinking buddy Rapey Brett would be up for a Supreme Court nomination.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

So apparently the FBI has finished their report and released exactly ONE copy of it to the Senate. And no copies to anybody else (though presumably somebody in the White House got one to read to the Orange Imbecile)

The single copy is apparently being kept in a glass case inside a locked room as if it were an original hemp paper draft of the Constitution or something. And they are letting the Senators in ONE AT A TIME to read the document.

Bitch McTurtle still says he's planning a vote on Friday morning. How in Fuck's name do they expect 100 senators to read a single copy of a document in a locked room within 24 hours?

What does this tell you?? There's something in that report that would absolutely sink Rapey Brett's nomination. And Team Cheeto wants to make damn sure that something is never known to the public.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post

There is so much of his shit I wonder how many people even noticed how fucking bad this was at this point.

The Young Turks audience are not the people that need to think about this it's the 20% of people in the middle. A president attacking an alleged sexual assault victim who he said the week before was credible and he does it by blatantly lying about what she said while a crowd bays and laughs?
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 10-05-2018 at 12:06 AM.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

There's a possibility that Kavanaugh could be impeached...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

US politics still confuses me - it's super partisan and then you get this guy Joe Manchin.

He just voted for Kavanagh, he is an anti abortion, pro NRA, anti LGBT, anti Obamacare, against the EPA. He welcomed Donald Trump's presidency, saying: "He'll correct the trading policies, the imbalance in our trade policies, which are horrible." He supported the idea of Trump "calling companies to keep them from moving factories overseas." Manchin voted for most of the Trump nominees. He was the only Democrat to vote in confirmation of Trump cabinet appointees Jeff Sessions and Steven Mnuchin, one of two Democrats who voted to confirm Scott Pruitt as EPA Administrator, and one of three who voted to confirm Rex Tillerson

He takes money from big pharma when his state has terrible problems with opiate addiction.
    His daughter is the CEO of an opiates supplier and he tried to get her an MBA even when she failed causing a scandal.

My question is how come he is a Democrat? How did he end up in that party and why hasn't he been thrown out?

How is it in anyway a choice for the people of WV to get to vote for him or a Republican candidate?

Weird...

37. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

ZahZoo (10-05-2018)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Susan Collins - the pathetic old cunt who sounds like a goat with Parkinson's Disease - is spewing her shit before the Senate right now, and she's completely ignoring reality and kissing the Orange Imbecile's ass. Disgusting

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

US politics still confuses me - it's super partisan and then you get this guy Joe Manchin.

He just voted for Kavanagh, he is an anti abortion, pro NRA, anti LGBT, anti Obamacare, against the EPA. He welcomed Donald Trump's presidency, saying: "He'll correct the trading policies, the imbalance in our trade policies, which are horrible." He supported the idea of Trump "calling companies to keep them from moving factories overseas." Manchin voted for most of the Trump nominees. He was the only Democrat to vote in confirmation of Trump cabinet appointees Jeff Sessions and Steven Mnuchin, one of two Democrats who voted to confirm Scott Pruitt as EPA Administrator, and one of three who voted to confirm Rex Tillerson

He takes money from big pharma when his state has terrible problems with opiate addiction.
    His daughter is the CEO of an opiates supplier and he tried to get her an MBA even when she failed causing a scandal.

My question is how come he is a Democrat? How did he end up in that party and why hasn't he been thrown out?

How is it in anyway a choice for the people of WV to get to vote for him or a Republican candidate?

Weird...
    Manchin's daughter has arguably done worse than selling opiates. Her big pharma company is the one that raised the price on epi-pens by 500%

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Susan Collins - the pathetic old cunt who sounds like a goat with Parkinson's Disease - is spewing her shit before the Senate right now, and she's completely ignoring reality and kissing the Orange Imbecile's ass. Disgusting

FORD, With all respect to your opinion and to the opinions of others here, can you choose another disease, please?

Check with Danny Thomas and Jerry Lewis, something that'll make you shake or limp ought to be available...

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Reality check!!!

Which senator is responsible for the political climate we find ourselves today?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksmar View Post
    FORD, With all respect to your opinion and to the opinions of others here, can you choose another disease, please?

Check with Danny Thomas and Jerry Lewis, something that'll make you shake or limp ought to be available...
    Believe me, I've seen two grandparents suffer from Parkinson's Disease, and I live daily with the possibility that my 76 year old mother might end up with it (as the two grandparents were both her parents) in addition to all of her other health issues. So I'm not making fun of that disease.

I could criticize Susan Collins for merely being spineless. But that irritating voice of hers deserves a description all of its own. A goat with Parkinson's was the most accurate analogy I could think of.

43. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

jacksmar (10-05-2018)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksmar View Post
    Reality check!!!

Which senator is responsible for the political climate we find ourselves today?
    She's not a senator anymore. Hasn't been one since 2009.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    So apparently the FBI has finished their report and released exactly ONE copy of it to the Senate. And no copies to anybody else (though presumably somebody in the White House got one to read to the Orange Imbecile)

The single copy is apparently being kept in a glass case inside a locked room as if it were an original hemp paper draft of the Constitution or something. And they are letting the Senators in ONE AT A TIME to read the document.

Bitch McTurtle still says he's planning a vote on Friday morning. How in Fuck's name do they expect 100 senators to read a single copy of a document in a locked room within 24 hours?

What does this tell you?? There's something in that report that would absolutely sink Rapey Brett's nomination. And Team Cheeto wants to make damn sure that something is never known to the public.
    That's the standard handling process for all background check reports conducted by the US Senate... been that way for decades. It protects those interviewed by the FBI and ensures only a single official copy is available for review.

Thread Information