Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

We all keep things of value to us at the time we acquire them... life changes, evolves along with priorities. At some point, stuff loses personal value and just becomes something taking up space. You're faced with 2 options... throw it away or pass it on to someone else who values it. Been doing a bit of this myself and it's rewarding... you declutter your personal space, cast off past baggage from the past and can make a few bucks off it!!
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• VHscraps
      Veteran
      • Jul 2009

Images from some of the piles of documents he is flogging contain some good information.

Amusing fan letters from desperate teenagers, asking if DLR can be 'rented' for birthday parties (there were a couple in amongst the small selection of images); office memos that - I think - suggest that in '81 they were perhaps going to open for the Who on their '82 stadium tour (discussions with / about The Who on band meeting memos), and that on the FW tour U2 were a possible opening act (Monk's handwritten note next to printed text "possible opening acts": U2, New Wave band ... notes to call "Dr. Roth" who has a matter to discuss that is "mucho important" (Noel's secretary presumably transcribing Roth Snr's actual words) ... haha.

I'm not that interested in the t-shirts or memorabilia. 'Just the Facts', etc.
      THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by VHscraps
        Amusing fan letters from desperate teenagers, asking if DLR can be 'rented' for birthday parties
        The admins still get sent those occasionally here although I doubt they are teenagers now...

Comment

• Diamondjimi
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2004

Noel monk opens his vault...

Here ya go you dirty ol pissflaps.

Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I'm not sure Monk opened his vault as much as he cleaned out his attic...

Comment

Working...