Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

We should have a "I Don't Get a Bailout" political party. Haha! It's what it's all about right there.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• private parts
      Sniper
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Nitro Express
      We should have a "I Don't Get a Bailout" political party. Haha! It's what it's all about right there.
      This I don't understand! If the taxes break is taken away, they WILL notice.

According to a Monmouth University poll released this week, just 34 percent of Americans said they approve of the Republican tax reform package, compared to 41 percent who disapprove. That’s down from April, when 40 percent of Americans said they approved of the law and 44 percent did not. In January, respondents were evenly split, with 44 percent saying they approved and another 44 percent voicing disapproval of the plan.

Public opinion on the tax law has “never been positive,” said Patrick Murray, director of the Monmouth University Polling Institute, in a statement accompanying the results, “but potentially growing uncertainty about how American taxpayers will be affected does not seem to be helping the GOP’s prospects in November.”

Broadly, most polling shows the tax law is more disliked than liked by Americans. A recent Quinnipiac poll found 39 percent of respondents approve of the legislation and 46 percent disapprove of it. An Economist/YouGov poll found a smaller but still negative margin, with 38 percent approving and 40 percent not.

A RealClearPolitics average of tax law polling indicates that about 36.1 percent of Americans are on board with the tax measure and 43 percent are not, a nearly 7 percentage point difference.
      Americans seem kind of ambivalent about the tax law

It appears that more Americans are becoming uncertain about how they feel about the tax legislation, the Monmouth pollsters noted. Twenty-four percent of respondents to their June poll said they’re not sure how they feel about the law. In January, 13 percent said they didn’t know.

That could be for a lot of reasons. The law is designed to benefit corporations and the richest Americans most. It reduced the corporate tax rate from 35 percent to 21 percent, and the top 1 percent of individual earners are expected to receive about 80 percent of the legislation’s gains.

Many Americans are probably seeing somewhat higher paychecks but not enough for them to notice. There’s polling to back that up: In February, just a quarter of the public reported seeing a change in their paychecks in a Politico/Morning Consult poll. And the real proof in the pudding won’t be evident until tax time in April 2019.
      sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by private parts
        This I don't understand! If the taxes break is taken away, they WILL notice.

According to a Monmouth University poll released this week, just 34 percent of Americans said they approve of the Republican tax reform package, compared to 41 percent who disapprove. That’s down from April, when 40 percent of Americans said they approved of the law and 44 percent did not. In January, respondents were evenly split, with 44 percent saying they approved and another 44 percent voicing disapproval of the plan.

Public opinion on the tax law has “never been positive,” said Patrick Murray, director of the Monmouth University Polling Institute, in a statement accompanying the results, “but potentially growing uncertainty about how American taxpayers will be affected does not seem to be helping the GOP’s prospects in November.”

Broadly, most polling shows the tax law is more disliked than liked by Americans. A recent Quinnipiac poll found 39 percent of respondents approve of the legislation and 46 percent disapprove of it. An Economist/YouGov poll found a smaller but still negative margin, with 38 percent approving and 40 percent not.

A RealClearPolitics average of tax law polling indicates that about 36.1 percent of Americans are on board with the tax measure and 43 percent are not, a nearly 7 percentage point difference.
        Americans seem kind of ambivalent about the tax law

It appears that more Americans are becoming uncertain about how they feel about the tax legislation, the Monmouth pollsters noted. Twenty-four percent of respondents to their June poll said they’re not sure how they feel about the law. In January, 13 percent said they didn’t know.

That could be for a lot of reasons. The law is designed to benefit corporations and the richest Americans most. It reduced the corporate tax rate from 35 percent to 21 percent, and the top 1 percent of individual earners are expected to receive about 80 percent of the legislation’s gains.

Many Americans are probably seeing somewhat higher paychecks but not enough for them to notice. There’s polling to back that up: In February, just a quarter of the public reported seeing a change in their paychecks in a Politico/Morning Consult poll. And the real proof in the pudding won’t be evident until tax time in April 2019.

Haha!haha! You can say anything you want in a poll. Statistical data is all based on sampling and getting accurate sampling is where the real trick is and it's not easy to do and most people don't understand sampling. Also most Americans have no understanding of tax law. All I can say is if enough working people got a bonus and their retirement portfolio is going up in value they are going to be happy. You are right. Take it away and they will notice. Most people have never heard of corporate inversion nor do they care but they understand more money in the check and a rocking IRA. So if enough people enjoy this in 2020 it's a no brainer who they are going to vote for. That simple.

Comment

• private parts
          Sniper
          • Jan 2007

Yeah, you can't take your poll sampling in the middle of East L.A. or Southside Chiraq.

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

All I know is that I'm loving the extra bump in my paycheck (about $1,900.00 for the year). My current calculations say I'm getting back an extra $1,200.00 in next filing, and my IRA is rocking big time!
            Why would I vote against that?
            Exactly... everyone I know with regular jobs saw a noticeable increase in take home pay when the new federal withholding rates kicked in. In our case, about $5000 for the year. I haven't taken the time to crunch the details on the adjustments for the new standard deduction rate and the fucking Alternative Minimum Tax which kills us every year... based on bar napkin calculations we could be looking at a tax savings well over $10k... We are not 1 percenter's by any stretch...

Several small business owners I know who do tax projections quarterly are projecting huge federal tax savings, plus many of their large corporate suppliers have passed on savings due to their reduced tax liability.

I challenge anyone to find me one person in the US who can honestly claim they did not benefit from these recent tax cuts.
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Before Trump came into office the US had the highest corporate tax rate in the world...
              Um, not even close, Higgens....

But feel free to shit out of your mouth with a run-on paragraph...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                Exactly... everyone I know with regular jobs saw a noticeable increase in take home pay when the new federal withholding rates kicked in. In our case, about $5000 for the year. I haven't taken the time to crunch the details on the adjustments for the new standard deduction rate and the fucking Alternative Minimum Tax which kills us every year... based on bar napkin calculations we could be looking at a tax savings well over $10k... We are not 1 percenter's by any stretch...

Several small business owners I know who do tax projections quarterly are projecting huge federal tax savings, plus many of their large corporate suppliers have passed on savings due to their reduced tax liability.

I challenge anyone to find me one person in the US who can honestly claim they did not benefit from these recent tax cuts.
                Fucking your great grandchildren with a massive deficit never felt so good!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                  Um, not even close, Higgens....

But feel free to shit out of your mouth with a run-on paragraph...
                  You take the former federal corporate tax rate of 35% and add in the average of the states corporate tax rates and you end up with a tax rate of 39.1%. The highest corporate tax rate of any industrialized nation.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Yeah, you can't take your poll sampling in the middle of East L.A. or Southside Chiraq.
                    Statistical formulas are a function and garbage in and garbage out. A statistical study is only as good as it’s sampling and getting good sampling is a huge challenge. There are so many variables on how data can be collected and how you gather your data affects the end result. You really have to look at who did the survey and how the data was collected to determine whether the survey results are even worth basing any conclusion on. I interned for the Investment Banking Firm Allen and Company. One thing investment banks do is they look at lot of data and base financial decisions on that data. Knowing what is good data and what is shit is a big part of staying in the game. What I learned was most polls are junk. Lot’s of garbage and bias being peddled out there.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

My dad always said people don’t vote issues, they vote their pocket book. I have found that to be true. Yup. I’m benefitting as well. If you are running your own business you feel a smaller monkey on your back.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

You take the former federal corporate tax rate of 35% and add in the average of the states corporate tax rates and you end up with a tax rate of 39.1%. The highest corporate tax rate of any industrialized nation.

Are you stupid or just lying like fuck? No US corporations actually pay that! Many pay Nothing!

Comment

• ZahZoo
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Fucking your great grandchildren with a massive deficit never felt so good!
                          Nothing you or I do can directly change the current economic factors we live with and I won't waste time worrying about it. Do you honestly believe that if we had all joined you in electing Hillary the "massive deficit" would be evaporating and we'd all be celebrating the deficit free future for our great-grandchildren..?

I'm perfectly happy to have a few thousand dollars not going to Washington to be further mismanaged. It's a good start and I'd fully support even more cuts forcing the wasteful spending to change. Sending more money to Washington isn't going to stop the deficit.

Do you blame your great-grandparents for their hand in creating the great Depression, Prohibition and a world so socially and culturally fucked up that 10's of millions of humans were murdered resulting in World War II and finally had to be ended by use of nuclear weapons to get that shit to stop..? Do you cuss your great-grandparents for developing a fossil fuel based industrial complex responsible for climate change..?
                          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• private parts
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2007

Do you blame your great-grandparents for their hand in creating the great Depression, Prohibition and a world so socially and culturally fucked up that 10's of millions of humans were murdered resulting in World War II and finally had to be ended by use of nuclear weapons to get that shit to stop..? Do you cuss your great-grandparents for developing a fossil fuel based industrial complex responsible for climate change..?
                            I do blame our generation for creating Van Hagar and Culture Club.

Comment

• private parts
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2007

Are you stupid or just lying like fuck? No US corporations actually pay that! Many pay Nothing!
                              Ooh..my IRA loves that concept. Maybe that's why my Apple stock price tripled in 5 years. Perhaps if you quit bitching and joined "corporate death world" via some ownership
                              you would be happier.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

They pay nothing by moving offshore. That's what a corporate inversion is. You drop the tax rate and they bring the money back that they have offshore. Get it?

Comment

Working...