Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

Krusty Still Wants To Lick His Ass

She is always going on about how she wants to have Jimmy Page shit on a golden plate so she can eat it while receiving a golden shower from JP Jones and Plantey.

https://dailyrockbox.com/jimmy-page-...nt=ledzeppelin

Against all speculations, guitarist Jimmy Page has just revealed that a Led Zeppelin live record is in the works. In a recent interview with Planet Rock, Page revealed that there is an abundance of unheard live material from Led Zeppelin and they are finally going to release all of it!

Jimmy Page had this to say about the upcoming release(s)…

“I can’t give the game away, but there’s a recording that’s another multi-track that we’ll release. It’s so different to all the other things that are out there. It’s another view compared to ‘How the West Was Won’ or ‘The Song Remains the Same’. I’m looking forward to people hearing that. There’s a lot of stuff to come out, a number of releases. I’d like to say that they’ll be coming out over the next 10 years. There’s more to come for sure.”
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 05:59 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,283 Times in 1,501 Posts

Blog Entries
    Well, it's just...it's all Page can do, really. In terms of resurrecting old Zeppelin audio and video. It's basically all he has done for the last twenty years, since his lovely...er, 'collaboration' with Sean P. Puff Diddy Daddy Combs in the late 1990s.

Page never really had a post-Zeppelin career that took off like that of Plant. Even in strictly commercial terms. While not total flops, his albums with The Firm, then his Outrider album followed by Coverdale/Page...most of those merely went gold, some maybe barely breaking platinum. His album of original material with Plant in the mid-1990s didn't exactly fly out of stores. Probably the best-selling thing he did post-Zep was the No Quarter album.

So, at least Page knows what will sell and what won't. He knows enough to know the world at large these days doesn't care about a new Jimmy Page solo album. And as far back as 1990, it has been demonstrated to Page that re-releasing/re-packaging/re-issuing Zeppelin material is a can't miss proposition. Apparently there are no shortage of Zepheads who are dying to hear the third take on the Ozone Baby demos, and are willing to pay whatever.

How The West Was Won and the 2002/2003 Zep dvd were good stuff. If Page could come up with something along those lines, I might be game. If he's just gonna clean up and do some dubbing over, say, the Destroyer bootlegs I probably won't bother with it. I wouldn't mind another dvd along the lines of the early 2000s one. THAT was pretty good stuff. Beyond that, well, doubtless there are long lost studio outtakes of Zep playing a few bars of Tutti Frutti for a laugh. Can't say as that will be some sort of Holy Grail for me at this point. I'm sure Zeppelin archivist and self-professed Superfan Dave Lewis would disagree.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:17 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,014 Times in 3,249 Posts

Blog Entries
    The thing is maybe Jimmy Page didn't have to do anything after Zeppelin. Maybe he put his money into good investments and was careful how he spent it. Usually heroine addicts aren't so savvy but hey, maybe he learned something from reading all those occult books. Maybe Page became a successful alchemist and is turning lead into gold.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,392 Times in 6,052 Posts

I think the key is that Zeppelin signed a good contract because they were already established artists - they got a $200k advance in 1968 from Atlantic which is insane amounts of money for the time.

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/event/november-11-1968

Also an infamously tough manager in Peter Grant who seems to have done well for them. Celebrity Net Worth has Page worth $170 million so even if it's not very accurate, he's definitely ok for cash.

As long as the #MeToo people never go after 1970s rock stars he should have a nice retirement...
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 10-31-2018 at 10:19 AM.

5. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

ZahZoo (10-31-2018)

Thread Information