Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 TWO New DLR Interviews - December 2018 (Vulture Interview Added) - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWO New DLR Interviews - December 2018 (Vulture Interview Added)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWO New DLR Interviews - December 2018 (Vulture Interview Added)

“Eddie Van Halen looks at me with the same non-understanding stare that a parrot has for a ringing telephone when I start talking about this, but I paint and draw routinely.”

The legendary frontman has invested three years and $7 million in creating a company to dominate the outdoor-product space.
    "What we've been doing, which is great and certainly cost saving, is I train in the sand pit in McDonald's. I do a few laps. I go through the tunnel a few times. The kids don't mind if I smoke. Plus, when I'm done, lunch is right there."- DLR 2003

Tattoo cream? Reminds me of Steve Martin's Penis Beauty Cream: https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-l...y-creme/n10590

Comment

I started this project with three of us sitting around an upended plastic bucket for a table at my house in L.A. Now, there’s 34 of us and we have offices in New York as well as L.A. It’s taken three years and close to $7 million, and I’m involved in every single element of every part of it. Surprisingly, there’s almost no competition...
      My idea for a line of outdoor gear started eight or nine years ago, and at the moment, we’re working on some 60 products. I’m not going after just the tattoo world—we’re going after Procter & Gamble. I took most of what I made off the last couple of Van Halen tours—I didn’t actually touch the check, [and] I just watched it walk by—and that’s how I financed this.
      Maybe it's not the crazy idea that it seems, it doesn't matter if it works or not they just need to convince a percentage of people it does and it seems like absolutely everyone has tattoos these days.

Interesting that there is no mention of Roth on their website, their story or whatever.

I guess this is him coming out now so to speak.

Comment

Still the most interesting guy in showbiz when it comes to interviews. The Prince line is hilarious.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk
        Roth Army Icon
        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

The parrot line made me laugh, but overall he comes across kind of nuts/trying too hard, I thought. Maybe a little desperate to be liked. Definitely full salesman/performance mode. I love classic VH and DLR in general, but I don’t think I could take more than 20 minutes of the guy in person, these days.

Anyway, fun to see a new interview and get some great lines from him. Hope everyone’s well around here.
          "What we've been doing, which is great and certainly cost saving, is I train in the sand pit in McDonald's. I do a few laps. I go through the tunnel a few times. The kids don't mind if I smoke. Plus, when I'm done, lunch is right there."- DLR 2003

Comment

Yep, Wacky Ol' Uncle Dave has plowed the bulk of his tour earnings into...Tattoo cream.

20 minutes of listening to one of Roth's stream of semi-consciousness coke babble raps would probably have me staring at him as incoherently as Eddie does, too.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Dave is fine. The world just got lame.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Another interview, with Vulture

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by twonabomber View Post
                  I really enjoyed this interview, thanks for posting it.

He’s comes off much better than the first one, or maybe I’m just less grumpy.

His Trump remarks are right on the money, so to speak. Also loved his remarks about how at the end of the day he's a song and dance guy, with the Sinatra comparison and concert ticket line.

Comment

Another interview, with Vulture
                    It says it was a 2 hour interview, I think it's been abridged.

Comment

Nice to see something surface from Dave... December seems to be a launching season for him the last 10 summers or so.
                      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Let's see what this outdoor gear turns out to be. "These products are the kind of gear you’re gonna use at 23,000 feet, when you only want to take your glove off once," but ultimately sold at REI to people who never venture outside of their zip code.
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Does he say 100 days until VH resurfaces?
                          Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

Originally posted by So this is love View Post
                            Does he say 100 days until VH resurfaces?
                            I believe he said “100 hundred years”...
                            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Let's see what this outdoor gear turns out to be. "These products are the kind of gear you’re gonna use at 23,000 feet, when you only want to take your glove off once," but ultimately sold at REI to people who never venture outside of their zip code.

I'm very interested to see this product line. I think it will be bad ass.

I'd also love to see a DLR fashion line for men in 2019. I think it would also be very chic.

PS: Trudeau needs to go. Bring back the gallows.

The gallows and French chicks are the only good things the French have ever invented. I support both.

Comment

Working...
                              X