Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,493 Times in 1,609 Posts

From another site:

Van Halen ‘Farewell’ Tour Rumor With Major Offers Revealed

Westwood One podcast host Mitch Lafon posted on Facebook on Wednesday that he has been told by a source that Van Halen are getting offers from promoters, but that the source said a tour isn’t currently planned. He did add though that he could be told something different tomorrow, so it’s unclear how reliable the source is.

‪”Much like Dave… I’m throwing my hands up… today I was clearly told ‘there are no plans for a reunion tour,’ but ‘the VH camp is getting calls from promoters.’ And of course tomorrow I’ll be told something completely different. Bottom line… ”

Scott Butler commented, “They’re not going to tour but they are going to have a handful of stadium dates this summer. Shhhhh. It’s a secret.”

He added, “Who said they’d be alone?”

Lafon had posted on Tuesday night, “‪Re.: Van Halen. I’ve heard the same rumours about stadium reunion/farewell dates with multiple shows in major cities. But none are verifiable. None appear concrete. None are from solid as a rock trusted sources. So, will they or won’t they? Who knows… Bottoms Up!‬”

Lafon floating the idea of a ‘farewell’ tour is the first time that word has been used in regards to any rumors.

David Lee Roth stated in late 2018 that Van Halen would be doing ‘the original thing’ with possibly some famous bands in summer 2019, and mentioned that they would play at Yankee Stadium in New York.

“When we come back through town in the summertime and do the original thing, maybe somewhere sportin’, maybe with somebody famous,” Roth says, “I’ll make sure we get you all tickets so you can see what we do for gainful employment. My mom still wonders.”

He later said, “We don’t think about the price. Because, you know, next time my rock band will be playing the same place that the Yankees play. Okay?”

Since Roth’s statements, there has been radio silence from the Van Halen camp regarding tour dates including the Yankee Stadium date that DLR mentioned, outside of Michael Anthony denying that he’s had discussions with the band. Despite the denial, rumors have persisted on Eddie Trunk’s SiriusXM radio show.

https://www.alternativenation.net/va...EjjOPthvTff3qg
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-17-2024 @ 01:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,481 Posts

Blog Entries
    I'd probably be willing to pop some money to see a CVH tour, but not in a stadium. Have no interest in seeing any band in a stadium.

One would think if they're gonna do something - Anything - sooner than later would be better. Simply put, these guys are old.

Good luck to 'em.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-20-2022 @ 12:18 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    The thing that gets me about Hagar's 2003/2004 reunion rationalizations is laid out by Hagar in his own book, though.

Hagar claims that Eddie Van Halen was in clearly visible bad shape when he first went to meet him in late 2003/early 2004. Assumedly before any tour contracts had been signed, I'm guessing. Hagar also describes in detail how befuddled Eddie was throughout the writing/recording process of the new Van Hagar tracks on BOBW during early 2004. Hagar also describes in detail how befuddled Eddie was during the rehearsals for the 2004 tour. All of which paints a picture of Eddie as not being in any type of condition to play at his best.

Hagar never describes the reunion process as a situation of Eddie being relatively sober and competent during the initial meetings, writing/recording and tour rehearsals, then going on to have some sort of relapse just before the tour started. Hagar describes Eddie as having been fucked up from the get-go, and Hagar said he assumed Eddie at some point would get cleaned up enough to go out and play a decent tour.

In the end, to my mind Hagar is just as responsible for not making the judgement call that Eddie wasn't capable of doing any better than he ended up doing in 2004 as far as the end result goes. I mean, considering the condition Eddie was in, I find it simply not believable that Hagar (if he cared about the fans as much as he later claims he did) wouldn't have insisted that Eddie either get demonstrably clean before any tour contracts were signed or Hagar simply wasn't going to go ahead with the tour. However, none of that happened. Hagar went ahead, did the tour, grinned his way through all of it knowing how shitty the performances were, took his money, fucked off into Chickenfoot obscurity, then waited a few years to make a few more bucks off that shitty tour by telling us all how shitty the experience was.

All of which tells me as much about Hagar's character as it does Eddie's: Eddie clearly had his addiction issues running rampant and unaddressed in 2004...what was Hagar's excuse? Hagar claims he didn't need the money in 2004...how much of it did he give back to "the fans" by way of refunds when that whole debacle was over?
    This is exactly right Terry. And although he didn't use the term "crack house", I remember Sam describing the interior of Ed's place at that time and it wasn't pretty. It went down exactly as you described- Sam knew Ed was fucked up and not really in shape to tour, but he thought (hoped?) Ed would pull himself together in time to pull the tour off. Now I don't know if Ed gave him any direct assurances about that. Sam didn't speak much about that in his book from what I remember, but in Sam's desperation to be part of VH again he went along for the ride hoping for the best. It's totally on him that he got to the point of actually signing contracts/booking dates (the alleged "deep contracts" Sam has spoken of that prevented him from leaving the tour) when Ed was still not in touring shape at that point. If he hadn't been so desperate, he would've told Ed that if he didn't have his shit together by the time they needed to start booking gigs, he was out and if he relapsed while on tour, the financial consequences were on Ed.

4. Thanked chuckjitsu for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-17-2019)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Not sure what to make of this

https://metalheadzone.com/an-insider...47JEeVYvw5j2bg

An Insider Reveals Exciting Details About Van Halen Reunion
    By Feyyaz Ustaer - 2/13/19

In one of our recent posts on Facebook, A Warner/Chappell Music employee, Tomas Bmyr has revealed exciting details about Van Halen reunion tour.

He said that ‘official announcement is coming very soon’. Here’s the statement:

“Van Halen will be touring in 2019. As you know, I work at Warner, and we have, by being the label of many incredible artists, information from their management.

An official announcement is coming VERY soon, but here’s what you need to know, to clarify the rumors of recent months, including this return more or less awkwardly announced by David Lee Roth.

– This is not a tour itself, but 6 dates in American stadiums, during the summer to come.

– The band will be going to Las Vegas for 5 additional dates, in December.

– It’s not a farewell tour.

– The line up is the same as the last years: Eddie, Alex, Wolfie, and David. However, to answer the rumors of reformation of the original line up, YES Michael Anthony will be of the part, but it will be only appearances with each concert, featuring, at a given moment of the concert … indeed, Mike will come on stage with his bass Jack Daniels and begin his famous bass solo, before playing “somebody get me a doctor”, which he will sing himself, as in 1998 and 2004. By cons I do not know if Wolfie will be on stage at that time …. Eddie Trunk said true. Mike too, since he is not allowed to talk about this project ….

– No interview will be granted, no one wants to justify the war against anthony and hagar, and this unexpected return, it seems that this is a big financial and legal history: Last year, Van Halen wanted to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the first album, turning and re-recording the first album, but with Wolfie on bass. Anthony opposed this. Not out of revenge for his ouster, but compared to the fans, which generated a legal and financial battle, which gave rise to this project: Van Halen featuring Michael Anthony, for dates in stadium, and vegas ….

– No new album or compilation coming soon.

– Sammy Hagar is not part of the project, this one refused, mike had the idea to include it but each of the two parts did not agree.

– The visuals with the planes I shared last year were real, they were prototypes of posters for the abandoned 2018 tour. Funny that it went around the net!

The official announcement arrives at the end of the month / beginning of March!“

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:11 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,078 Times in 1,996 Posts

Blog Entries
    Clearly written by someone where English isn't their first language...

Re-recording the debut album with Wolfgang... the only dumber idea would be to reissue the album artwork with Wolf edited into Mike's historic place. Oh wait... been there, done that...

no one wants to justify the war against anthony and hagar
    ummm... check with Eddie. He owns the justification and trademark© rights...

7. Thanked ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-13-2019)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I can't see Bassplayer agreeing to that deal. One song? Come on.

VH doesn't show up on Warner's artist page.

9. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-13-2019)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    Clearly written by someone where English isn't their first language...
    That too. I get Nigerian scam emails that are better written

I can just hear Sam giving Mike shit about VH bringing him out there for one song. "Hey man, I'm your friend, the one who's taken care of you these last 15 years. After all the shit they've said and done to you? They're using you!"

11. 2 users say thank you to twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-13-2019),ZahZoo (02-15-2019)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

This was the FB post. Supposedly it has been removed.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-11-2024 @ 04:15 AM
    Status
    Thanks

If they are just touring, why would WB be involved at all?

14. Thanked ThatArtGuy for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-13-2019)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThatArtGuy View Post
    Exactly.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,337 Times in 6,024 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatArtGuy View Post
    Another live album...?

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Another live album...?
    Maybe...I think the Tokyo Dome album was released on Warner Brothers, rather than Interscope (which released ADKOT).

But, short of a live album resulting from these fabricated...er, I mean, 'hypothetical'... 2019 dates, WB won't have any involvement.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    But, I mean, the whole Bmyr post comes across as such a lame leg pull it's an embarrassment to trolling.

So, the troll is that Mike Anthony is going to come out onstage - with his Jack Daniel's bass, no less - start playing his bass solo, then Mike, Ed and Alex will play Somebody Get Me A Doctor while Dave remains offstage...that's it? THAT's the leg pull?

I mean, I'm all for a good rumor, but to get a good one going the scenario has to make a little more sense than that.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,337 Times in 6,024 Posts

It is a ridiculous idea and would at least make a little more sense if the problem was between Mike and Dave.

20. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-14-2019)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-11-2024 @ 11:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,990 Times in 3,229 Posts

Blog Entries
    But, I mean, the whole Bmyr post comes across as such a lame leg pull it's an embarrassment to trolling.

So, the troll is that Mike Anthony is going to come out onstage - with his Jack Daniel's bass, no less - start playing his bass solo, then Mike, Ed and Alex will play Somebody Get Me A Doctor while Dave remains offstage...that's it? THAT's the leg pull?

I mean, I'm all for a good rumor, but to get a good one going the scenario has to make a little more sense than that.
    Mike will come out and have a cheeseburger eating contest with Wolfie and of course Wolfie will win and then Dave will tell all the women in the audience to flash their breasts in appreciation of the cheese burger eating champ and we will all get to see how saggy the breast on aging VH fan chicks are.

22. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-14-2019)

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Speaking of VH Talk w/Eddie Trunk:

MICHAEL ANTHONY Was Contacted By VAN HALEN's Management
    Six Months Ago About Possible Reunion Tour, Says SAMMY HAGAR

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/mic...s-sammy-hagar/

24. Thanked silverfish for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-14-2019)

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
    Speaking of VH Talk w/Eddie Trunk:

MICHAEL ANTHONY Was Contacted By VAN HALEN's Management
    Six Months Ago About Possible Reunion Tour, Says SAMMY HAGAR

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/mic...s-sammy-hagar/
    LOL

It was only a matter of time for Spammy to chime in on all this.

26. Thanked Vinnie Velvet for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-14-2019)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post
    LOL

It was only a matter of time for Spammy to chime in on all this.
    I will say I agree with Hagar that Mike Anthony SHOULD be there with the band, because he is a founding member (yeah, yeah, I know, he replaced Mike Stone...whatever). I'd also agree with Hagar that it's an absurd idea to imagine Anthony showing up to play a bass solo, then sing Somebody Get Me A Doctor and then bugger offstage. I mean, fucks sake, the CVH reunion is THE Van Halen reunion people have been waiting to see. Not Van Hagar. Not Van Wolfgang (let's be real, here: if Wolfgang were anybody other than Eddie's kid, he wouldn't even have gotten an audition with the band strictly on the merits of his ability).

Hagar is correct that for Anthony to show up and play just one tune - which, in the latest rumor scenario, has Anthony singing on it instead of the CVH lineup playing it - I mean, shit...that would go over like a fart in church. That wouldn't even be a CVH reunion. The scary part is I wouldn't put such a scenario past Van Halen these days, because this band has proved very adept over the last 20 + years of making one bad decision after another.

Either get Anthony ack for a proper arena tour playing a full set with Ed, Al and Dave, or fuck back on off doing what you've been doing with Wolfgang.

Van Halen have turned into a bunch of stroke job artists who won't even finish the job. Like some half-assed strip club bimbo who entices you to pay the premium dollars to go back with her into the VIP area, then insists on wearing surgical gloves while she jacks you off, but only if you wear a condom and she won't even rub you off to a climax. Lame.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'm reluctant to post this because I don't want it to turn into the Eddie Trunk fanpage lol and because it's Sammy.

I got to the point where Sam says "Mike has my blessing" and shut it off. Sam is Mike's spokesperson now? Fuck you.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Sirius DJ just said she thinks Sammy is tired of the "dramedy" that is VH, but the way Sammy keeps inserting himself into it, I gotta say she's wrong.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Sirius DJ just said she thinks Sammy is tired of the "dramedy" that is VH, but the way Sammy keeps inserting himself into it, I gotta say she's wrong.
    In terms of the amount of interview commentary specifically addressing a hypothetical 2019 Van Halen tour, Sammy has had more to say about the subject than Eddie, Dave and Mike Anthony COMBINED...and Sammy ain't even in the fuckin' BAND anymore!

I tend to doubt either of the Van Halens are too worried about getting Sammy's "blessing" in terms of if they approach(ed) Anthony for a CVH reunion or not.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-19-2019 @ 10:38 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Agreed, she's wrong.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,554 Times in 3,443 Posts

Sammy beats off to the platforms it gives him to promote his stuff like Chicken Ass if nothing else...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Sammy beats off to the platforms it gives him to promote his stuff like Chicken Ass if nothing else...
    I had the misfortune of hearing Sammy's new song Trust Fund Baby. Pure word barf. I will say Sammy plays with some good musicians but Sammy really has no talent. What Sammy has is lots of charisma and he seems to have some business sense. Sam sells a good time to aging and sad people who still act like they are in high school. A Sammy show is nothing more than the next incarnation of Jimmy Buffet telling sad aging people to get drunk on Cabo Wabo and screw but no Sammy fan can get it hard enough to get it in. That's about it.

34. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Jetstream (02-25-2019)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    I had the misfortune of hearing Sammy's new song Trust Fund Baby. Pure word barf.
    Other than the word barf, I noticed he's singing in a lower register. Not a lot of high notes and screeching in that one.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-21-2021 @ 06:04 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Other than the word barf, I noticed he's singing in a lower register. Not a lot of high notes and screeching in that one.
    Typical average Hagar stuff...watch the new Whitesnake Video. At least it's full of references to the old times and well played

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I've seen the WS vid. Coverdale sounds OK.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,554 Times in 3,443 Posts

... What Sammy has is lots of charisma and he seems to have some business sense...
    Um, what? He may have some business sense, but he has no real charisma. I've always thought he sounds like a complete two-faced, try-hard douche ready to say anything even when I wanted to like him...

39. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (02-20-2019)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I had the misfortune of hearing Sammy's new song Trust Fund Baby. Pure word barf. I will say Sammy plays with some good musicians but Sammy really has no talent. What Sammy has is lots of charisma and he seems to have some business sense. Sam sells a good time to aging and sad people who still act like they are in high school. A Sammy show is nothing more than the next incarnation of Jimmy Buffet telling sad aging people to get drunk on Cabo Wabo and screw but no Sammy fan can get it hard enough to get it in. That's about it.
    I always thought it was kind of telling that even though Hagar has played with some good/great musicians, those collaborations haven't really produced much that approaches anything good, much less greatness.

From Neal Schon to Eddie Van Halen to Joe Satriani, none of those combinations with Hagar have matched what any of those three guitarists did when they weren't playing with Hagar.

The common factor in all of them? Hagar.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I always thought it was kind of telling that even though Hagar has played with some good/great musicians, those collaborations haven't really produced much that approaches anything good, much less greatness.

From Neal Schon to Eddie Van Halen to Joe Satriani, none of those combinations with Hagar have matched what any of those three guitarists did when they weren't playing with Hagar.

Satch is a great guitar player but he can't write songs. Same for a guy like Yngwie Malmsteen. You can be a great technician but suck at telling a story. Then you have guys that can write great songs with three chords. Kurt Cobain had that down pretty well. I've been listening to a lot of Rolling Stones lately and for the most part their songs are good and amazingly they differ quite a bit. Kieth Richards and those guys really get what makes a good song. Sammy is a good charismatic salesman. He's the Joel Olsteen of rock. Yeah you see those mega church's full of suckers but they are packed and guys like Joel are raking it in and you sit there scratching your head why and why are those people so stupid. Well it's the same thing with Sammy fans.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Um, what? He may have some business sense, but he has no real charisma. I've always thought he sounds like a complete two-faced, try-hard douche ready to say anything even when I wanted to like him...
    Naw. Take some Alka Seltzer and watch Sam work a crowd of fat and aging Sammy fans. He's charismatic. You are saying he's not honest. You can be charismatic and be a phony. Let's call it the Cabo Wabo Church. Haha!

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Satch is a great guitar player but he can't write songs. Same for a guy like Yngwie Malmsteen. You can be a great technician but suck at telling a story. Then you have guys that can write great songs with three chords. Kurt Cobain had that down pretty well. I've been listening to a lot of Rolling Stones lately and for the most part their songs are good and amazingly they differ quite a bit. Kieth Richards and those guys really get what makes a good song. Sammy is a good charismatic salesman. He's the Joel Olsteen of rock. Yeah you see those mega church's full of suckers but they are packed and guys like Joel are raking it in and you sit there scratching your head why and why are those people so stupid. Well it's the same thing with Sammy fans.
    I mean, doubtless whatever my personal...I suppose apathy would be the right word, regarding Hagar's musical output...it'd be disingenuous to pretend Hagar hasn't had a degree of commercial/business success that plenty of rock stars (and probably not a few of Hagar's contemporaries) would be very happy with.

Charisma? I suppose, as you say, to his fans Hagar may have a certain charisma. Not being cheeky with that comment, either: doubtless the fans who still go see Chickenfoot or go to Cabo Wabo or whatever think Hagar is a cool guy. I've never really thought Hagar was particularly charismatic as a frontman, though...or particularly distinguished as a frontman. He had a good rock voice, average lyrics, ran around stage a lot in his earlier years...basically presents himself as a confident, happy guy, but I've never associated that with any distinguishable charisma, myself.

Doubtless Hagar's fans lap it up. Good for 'em, if that's what they enjoy. Far be it from me to scratch my head wondering what it is about the guy they like so much: just not my concern, you know?

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-30-2022 @ 04:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

That song of Sammy's is a bitter stab at Montrose on a old 'demo' song (you know, like he accused Van Halen of on ADKOT, though bands always use past material which the internet brings to light now) and by far the most laziest nonexistent chorus ever... Sammy cannot write music past the generic and he has run out of that cereal box formula he has used so often

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    That song of Sammy's is a bitter stab at Montrose on a old 'demo' song (you know, like he accused Van Halen of on ADKOT, though bands always use past material which the internet brings to light now) and by far the most laziest nonexistent chorus ever... Sammy cannot write music past the generic and he has run out of that cereal box formula he has used so often
    Generic being the most apt description, particularly when it had/has to do with Hagar's solo output: without a Montrose, Van Halen or Satriani to write the music, Hagar himself has only ever been able to come up with very middle-of-the-road stuff on an instrumental level.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,279 Times in 4,710 Posts

I don't know.... I think I'd actually take the HSAS album over anything Journey did after that Trump loving pussy Jonathan Cain ruined the band. Ironic that HSAS was more of a "rock" album than either Hagar or Schon was doing in their regular gigs at the time.

Of course the lyrics were still standard simplistic Hagar shit, which was the album's biggest flaw.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    I don't know.... I think I'd actually take the HSAS album over anything Journey did after that Trump loving pussy Jonathan Cain ruined the band. Ironic that HSAS was more of a "rock" album than either Hagar or Schon was doing in their regular gigs at the time.

Of course the lyrics were still standard simplistic Hagar shit, which was the album's biggest flaw.

Yeah, but Schon's definitive work will always be with Journey.

Which isn't to say HSAS. much like Van Hagar, didn't have some good stuff going on instrumentally. Then Sammy sings his Moon/June/Spoon/Loon lyrics by Hallmark bilge over the instrumentation and the whole biz suffers for it.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:11 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,078 Times in 1,996 Posts

Blog Entries
    What it all boils down to... no matter the musical talent backing Hagar, he's just a mediocre song composer as a lyricist with a limited bag of tricks in the melody department.

It's a big wide, crowded field in the rock musical universe... Hager fits in the middle of the average artist category just fine. He ain't no Diamond Dave...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

We should be mad at EVH for putting Hagar in the spotlight. "I Can't Drive 55" was probably going to be Hagar's peak.

Fuck you, Ed! You shoe selling piece of shit!

50. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (03-06-2019)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think I just channeled our old pal Catfish there...

52. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

ZahZoo (03-02-2019)

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

We should be mad at EVH for putting Hagar in the spotlight. "I Can't Drive 55" was probably going to be Hagar's peak.
    Sammy shot his wad with Rock Candy and Bad Motor Scooter from the first Montrose album. Everything he did without Van Halen after that is mediocre at best. A couple songs he did with VH weren't too bad but I doubt too many of the regular posters here now would agree.
    Last edited by cadaverdog; 01-26-2020 at 01:43 PM.

Thread Information