X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
    I don't know.... I think I'd actually take the HSAS album over anything Journey did after that Trump loving pussy Jonathan Cain ruined the band. Ironic that HSAS was more of a "rock" album than either Hagar or Schon was doing in their regular gigs at the time.

Of course the lyrics were still standard simplistic Hagar shit, which was the album's biggest flaw.

Yeah, but Schon's definitive work will always be with Journey.

Which isn't to say HSAS. much like Van Hagar, didn't have some good stuff going on instrumentally. Then Sammy sings his Moon/June/Spoon/Loon lyrics by Hallmark bilge over the instrumentation and the whole biz suffers for it.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

What it all boils down to... no matter the musical talent backing Hagar, he's just a mediocre song composer as a lyricist with a limited bag of tricks in the melody department.

It's a big wide, crowded field in the rock musical universe... Hager fits in the middle of the average artist category just fine. He ain't no Diamond Dave...
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

We should be mad at EVH for putting Hagar in the spotlight. "I Can't Drive 55" was probably going to be Hagar's peak.

Fuck you, Ed! You shoe selling piece of shit!
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I think I just channeled our old pal Catfish there...
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by twonabomber
            We should be mad at EVH for putting Hagar in the spotlight. "I Can't Drive 55" was probably going to be Hagar's peak.
            Sammy shot his wad with Rock Candy and Bad Motor Scooter from the first Montrose album. Everything he did without Van Halen after that is mediocre at best. A couple songs he did with VH weren't too bad but I doubt too many of the regular posters here now would agree.
            Last edited by cadaverdog; 01-26-2020, 02:43 PM.
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• Funkmonkey
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2004

Other than the word barf, I noticed he's singing in a lower register. Not a lot of high notes and screeching in that one.

Spammy is 72. I respect that he can still sing and perform.

Comment

• xpaceseven
                Roth Army Recruit
                • Oct 2020

I'm trying to understand Metal heads as a person who plays Jazz, and i noticed something They call it Keyboard It's a Synthesizer not a Keyboard in "Jump".
                Last edited by ZahZoo; 10-23-2020, 05:36 PM. Reason: Removed links.

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by xpaceseven
                  I'm trying to understand Metal heads as a person who plays Jazz, and i noticed something They call it Keyboard It's a Synthesizer not a Keyboard in "Jump".
                  Nevada? Nice try

Comment

• Rikk
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Nevada? Nice try
                    I feel like an idiot using this old term, but I have to...

OWNED!!
                    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I would have just deleted the account had I seen the links.

Ben choad spammer...

Comment

• Rikk
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Ben choad spammer...
                        That is truly pathetic. Such people have so much damn time on their hands.
                        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Ben choad spammer...
                          It took the time to actually post something semi-on topic...

BTW... those links went to sites hosting malicious payloads for ransomware.
                          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...