More VH talk from Eddie Trunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twonabomber View Post
    With that KISS reunion happening very early in the Internet days who was going to hear Trunk talking about it anyways? Would have taken a couple days to get out then.
    I hadn't even heard of Trunk until the early 2000s. 2002 or thereabouts.

And even all of Trunk's bitching about the band since Ace and Peter left didn't prevent [KISS] from remaining about as lucrative as they would have been even if Ace and Peter stayed.

In other words, Trunk - despite all the insider access he has as a result of bands wanting whatever publicity he can provide - has never been in the position to make or break any of these bands in terms of...anything, really.

Like, for all the pissing and moaning [Trunk] has made over Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley continuing on with KISS without Frehley and Criss, I have no doubt Trunk would kiss Gene's ass if Simmons ever consented to an interview with him.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

The Trunk vids come up on my YouTube recommendations. When he starts cryin' about KISS in his high whiny voice I LOL.

Trunk is the real version of Stewart from Beavis and Butt-Head.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

The Trunk vids come up on my YouTube recommendations. When he starts cryin' about KISS in his high whiny voice I LOL.

Trunk is the real version of Stewart from Beavis and Butt-Head.
        Trunk IS the real-life version of Beavis and Butthead's Stewart, all grown up. Shit, I'd be willing to bet Trunk would gladly expound for hours on how Winger really weren't all that bad, and got a raw deal being tarred as a hair metal band.

Eddie Trunk, claiming back in the early 1980s he was a fan of the band UFO. That man never listened to a UFO record in his life.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Trunk is a fan of the UFOs that put probes in Sammy Hagar's anus...

Comment

Trunks information is only as good as what's fed to him... he's an outlet. Just like the ho on the corner in your neighborhood. Musicians/artists use him and other music industry types to market what they got to sell. If nobody is selling then all he has is recycling old stuff and whatever his staff can dig up.

As far as Trunk's insider "connections"... the only industry access he can rely on is the minimum wage kids who answer the phones at the management/talent agencies that use him for marketing crap.

During interviews the whole "we're buddies" shtick is just the persona played on both sides to project the conversations as friendly and informative. Both parties are there for one reason... selling shit. Then they go home to resume their other lives.
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Originally posted by Nickdfresh View Post
              Van Halen Member May Be Lying About Reunion: ‘You Can’t Piss Off The Boss’
              By Brett Buchanan - Dec 30, 2018 0

As rumors of a 2019 original Van Halen lineup reunion have run rampant, Michael Anthony recently denied the rumors to Premiere Radio, saying he hadn’t talked to the band in years. Popular radio host Eddie Trunk, who previously said he had heard rumors from sources about a reunion tour following David Lee Roth’s comments, said he isn’t completely buying Anthony’s denial. Alternative Nation transcribed his new comments from his SiriusXM radio program.

“As I just said, do you think Michael Anthony is going to tell me, Sal [from Premiere Radio], or Loudwire anyone else, ‘Yeah, by the way, I just talked to the guys, we’re rehearsing right now. The tour gets announced new years day, we’re going out with such and such! Go ahead, and say it!’ Of course not! So here is overreaction the other way, because Michael essentially pleaded the fifth, which you would completely expect him to do, what is he going to do? If you are told not to say anything, you can’t say anything! ‘Now it’s off, now it’s over, there’s nothing to it.’ It’s ridiculous. Oh my god, this is what I mean, is when you read through whether it be Twitter, which I favor, or any of the social media outlets or websites, when it is on the web and you see these headlines and stuff, you’ve got to consider it for what it is.

You’ve got to take a beat and really think about it. So two days ago, ‘Confirmed! Van Halen reunion full go, stadiums.’ You got a date with Foo Fighters at Yankee Stadium, Michael Anthony to, ‘No, not happening, Michael Anthony said he hasn’t heard from anybody.’ Of course! The ring and yang here is ridiculous, just take a second and apply some logic to it. Is the guy that has been out of the band forever, if he was back in the band, do you really think he’s the one who is going to break the news ahead of an official statement?”

He later said, “With guys, even if you know them, aren’t going to show their hand. I’ll give you one more, Ace Frehley. Everybody knows I’m tight with Ace. Ace Frehley leading into the KISS reunion didn’t tell me it was happening. I mean, I am close with the guys, I signed him to his record deal back in the day, his solo deal. I went to the Unplugged, I was in the audience of the MTV Unplugged, 3 or 4 days before that happened. I wasn’t saying anything (laughs). You don’t want to get off on the wrong foot leaking something, so just keep all of this in perspective both ways. Don’t get too high, don’t get too low on anything.”

Trunk also speculated about maybe an announcement very early in the new year, especially with the band having announced their album A Different Kind of Truth in January 2012.

He also said about Anthony’s reunion denial on his show, “You really think he is going to mess it up by telling me or anyone else in advance of when the band wants to release it? Come on, you can’t put people in positions like that, of course they’re going to deny, deny, deny until it can come out, if there’s anything going on.”

“You’re not going to jeopardize pissing off the boss, in this case that would be Eddie Van Halen, if you’ve got something cooking, a multimillion operation.”

LINK

Not sure if anyone mentioned this but knowing Van Halen . . . They may not have talked with Anthony, it could be their manager speaking with Anthony's manager. That would make what Anthony says as truth.

Comment

I believe any VH/DLR fans that still follow these jackasses want to see the original line-up perform together again... the only exceptions may be EVH and Wolfgang's girlfriend.

Seems logical, possible, plausible... that management discussions may have taken place without direct discussions among the current/former band members. Hop on the denial train heading directly to city of disappointment...

As much as I'd want to believe this rumored arrangement is on the table... I'm reminded of the simple facts proven time and time again with these guys. Every rumor that's surfaced where Michael Anthony was somehow part of the equation and Mike responds shooting it down... ended up Mike was truthful and the rumors proven false. 100%...

Fault the Bassplayer™ for what you will... he's never jacked the fans with false bullshit. You can't say that about any other current or former Van Halen band member other than Cherone.
                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Which one of you is this?

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Greg...it's fucking ELVIS!!!!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk
                    Roth Army Icon
                    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

Originally posted by ZahZoo View Post
                      I believe any VH/DLR fans that still follow these jackasses want to see the original line-up perform together again... the only exceptions may be EVH and Wolfgang's girlfriend.

Seems logical, possible, plausible... that management discussions may have taken place without direct discussions among the current/former band members. Hop on the denial train heading directly to city of disappointment...

As much as I'd want to believe this rumored arrangement is on the table... I'm reminded of the simple facts proven time and time again with these guys. Every rumor that's surfaced where Michael Anthony was somehow part of the equation and Mike responds shooting it down... ended up Mike was truthful and the rumors proven false. 100%...

Fault the Bassplayer™ for what you will... he's never jacked the fans with false bullshit. You can't say that about any other current or former Van Halen band member other than Cherone.
                      Well, I'd say Mike was part of the 1996 hype by proxy, but even Roth admits he was never explicitly told by the Van Halens that they were reforming beyond the two greatest hits tracks. I say by proxy because even though Mike was still playing bass in the band, he had no control over what the band was doing: the only thing he was ever free to do was to leave.

Almost as lame as the band not doing a CVH tour this year would be the band doing a CVH tour and keeping secret about it: just announce the fucking thing and get it over with if it's happening. This whole nonsense with Dave and his cryptic comments in his recent interviews...it isn't 1985 anymore. It isn't even 1996 anymore. There's nothing Van Halen is going to undertake that is worth being secretive about.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Wasn't me, although I agree with most of what was said, save for the part about Roth never having been a good singer live...assuming that good refers to being able to decently replicate what he did on the albums. Back in the CVH days and early in his solo career, Roth was capable enough in the vocal department live. He wasn't note-for-note perfect in terms of studio vs. live - he wasn't singing every verse live exactly as it was recorded, and to be sure the US Fest performance was erratic - but he wasn't sounding consistently awful like he has been the last two tours.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

But, but I like when singers don`t go note for note and that's probably what peeps like about Van Halen even evh is not flawless live...Roth on!
                          Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

It pains me to say this but I agree with Trunk on some of this.

Everyone else is miming live to a lesser or greater degree and people have got used to that.

Also of course on the first reunion tour some backing vocals were piped in but they weren't Michael Anthony they were some session guy.

I don't listen to the live Japan album but why would anyone ever? Think about it. If Dave had performed a flawless live performance or if they did the usual thing everyone else does and fixed it who cares either way? Why would you want to listen to a live album of songs from the late 70s/ early 80s when you can just go and listen to recordings of them done then live or in the studio?

People have every right to complain about a sub par live experience if they pay their money, go to a gig and come away disappointed.

What you don't get to complain about how fucking annoyed you are at not enjoying a performance you watched on YouTube recorded on a phone or hating the Japan thing when anyone could check it out before purchasing.

This is the Led Zepplin thing writ large. A fucking bunch of people complaining that a band won't reform and play, they reform and play and people say it isn't as good as it was, they then agree and don't play and everyone complains that they can't go and see them.

The whole thing is ridiculous.

I'm sick of people whining about being forced to buy things that no one is forcing them to buy. If you don't like the product don't pay for it.

As an aside this ongoing fucking thing about Roth never being able to sing is stupid. Roth at his worst in any era pisses all over just about any Ozzy live singing from 1977 onwards so 40 years now? How does he get a free pass?
                            Last edited by Seshmeister; 01-05-2019, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
                              It pains me to say this but I agree with Trunk on some of this.

Everyone else is miming live to a lesser or greater degree and people have got used to that.

Also of course on the first reunion tour some backing vocals were piped in but they weren't Michael Anthony they were some session guy.

I don't listen to the live Japan album but why would anyone ever? Think about it. If Dave had performed a flawless live performance or if they did the usual thing everyone else does and fixed it who cares either way? Why would you want to listen to a live album of songs from the late 70s/ early 80s when you can just go and listen to recordings of them done then live or in the studio?

People have every right to complain about a sub par live experience if they pay their money, go to a gig and come away disappointed.

What you don't get to complain about how fucking annoyed you are at not enjoying a performance you watched on YouTube recorded on a phone or hating the Japan thing when anyone could check it out before purchasing.

This is the Led Zepplin thing writ large. A fucking bunch of people complaining that a band won't reform and play, they reform and play and people say it isn't as good as it was, they then agree and don't play and everyone complains that they can't go and see them.

The whole thing is ridiculous.

I'm sick of people whining about being forced to buy things that no one is forcing them to buy. If you don't like the product don't pay for it.

As an aside this ongoing fucking thing about Roth never being able to sing is stupid. Roth at his worst in any era pisses all over just about any Ozzy live singing from 1977 onwards so 40 years now? How does he get a free pass?
                              Roth at his worst in any era pisses all over just about any Ozzy live singing from 1977 onwards so 40 years now? How does he get a free pass?[ Finally someone who gets it! Roth on!

I know, I know, not exactly the best example but fuck it! its better than an any og Krustys fg post VH Forever!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Last edited by So this is love; 01-06-2019, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by So this is love View Post
                                Roth at his worst in any era pisses all over just about any Ozzy live singing from 1977 onwards so 40 years now? How does he get a free pass?[ Finally someone who gets it! Roth on!

I know, I know, not exactly the best example but fuck it! its better than an any of Krustys fg post VH Forever!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                BTW, who is this babe at 0:53? Nice! She looks like a Christina Applegate?
                                Last edited by So this is love; 01-06-2019, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X