ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,337 Times in 6,024 Posts

Jason Becker Swedish Interview

Swedish site Rock Sverige have done an interview with Jason Becker.

For the rest of the interview check out https://rocksverige.se/intervju-jason-becker/
    Two songs on the album, ”Taking Me back” and ”Tell Me No lies” go back to your time with Diamond Dave. Tell me about those two songs? Why didn´t they end up on the album and were these songs recorded with vocals?

”Taking Me Back” was going to be a song on David Lee Roths “A Little Ain´t Enough” (1991) album. It was recorded at Little Mountain Studios in Vancouver, BC. This is from a cassette that Bob Rock gave me after I recorded my guitar parts. I know I would have redone the solo if Dave had decided to use it. Dave titled this song. I have a scratch track of David Lee Roth singing on this, and I love it but I understand why he didn’t finish it. With ”Tell Me No Lies,” David Lee Roth asked me, Brett Tuggle, Gregg & Matt Bissonette to write a bluesy song for “A Little Ain’t Enough”. We all went to Brett’s home, and this is what we did that day. It isn’t quite what Dave was looking for, but it brings back good memories. I remember that Matt and I went in the street during a break, and played catch with the football. My limp from ALS was getting bad, so I dropped most every pass. Yeah, it was the ALS. Ha ha!

You auditioned for Dave at his house in Pasadena. Take us back to that first day when you walked into the house and met him and the band.

It was very exciting. At that time, I was pretty confident about my guitar playing. Once I met Dave and all the guys in the band, I was totally comfortable. They all made me feel so appreciated and they all took me under their wings and encouraged me and we became friends. They were professionals and they welcomed me and my youthful energy. At a fancy dinner at Dave’s house he made a toast to “the new gun slinger in town.” My parents were there. The studio was downstairs and it was a very cool place to hang out.

Also, what was it like working with Bob Rock? Right before Dave´s album he´d done a Swedish band, Electric Boys, any memory of him mentioning that band?

I don’t remember him mentioning Electric Boys. He often talked about John Sykes with high praise; those were good stories. He was awesome to work with, but it was a little tough for both of us because I was struggling with ALS and I didn’t want to tell him or complain. My hands were getting weak and he didn’t know.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

ZahZoo (01-19-2019)

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I actually revisited ALAE recently as I hadn't listened to it in some time.

What an excellent album.

Such a shame what happened to Becker. Even with the grunge movement around the corner, I'm sure Dave could've sustained this lineup for a few more albums had Becker been healthy.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

4. Thanked Vinnie Velvet for this KICKASS post:

DavidLeeNatra (01-22-2019)

Thread Information