Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: EEAS Band at NAMM 2019

  1. #1
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    twonabomber's Avatar
    Member No
    28
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:38 PM
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Age
    51
    Posts
    9,308
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,202 Posts


    Rep Power
    10

    EEAS Band at NAMM 2019

    But Billy Sheehan says DLR will not be there

    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  2. #2
    Hindsight is 2020
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    06-02-2019 @ 04:58 AM
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    53,843
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    3,155
    Thanked 5,812 Times in 4,322 Posts


    Rep Power
    129
    Jeff Sucks Scrotums singing EEAS songs?? That would be a hard pass.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  3. #3
    Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    DavidLeeNatra's Avatar
    Member No
    41
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    06-09-2019 @ 03:09 AM
    Location
    Berlin - Germany
    Age
    51
    Posts
    10,682
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,438
    Thanked 893 Times in 569 Posts


    Rep Power
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Jeff Sucks Scrotums singing EEAS songs?? That would be a hard pass.
    But 4/5 a hell of a band!

    Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  4. #4
    GOOD GOD, YA'LL
    Head Fluffer
    hain23x's Avatar
    Member No
    2808
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:50 PM
    Location
    way down yonder in Louisville
    Posts
    417
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 93 Times in 57 Posts


    Rep Power
    17
    Actually wasn’t too bad. The sound is a little muddy on YouTube


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  5. #5
    GOOD GOD, YA'LL
    Head Fluffer
    hain23x's Avatar
    Member No
    2808
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:50 PM
    Location
    way down yonder in Louisville
    Posts
    417
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 93 Times in 57 Posts


    Rep Power
    17



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 01-28-2019 at 10:02 AM.

  6. 3 users say thank you to hain23x for this KICKASS post:

    Seshmeister (01-28-2019),Terry (01-27-2019),twonabomber (01-29-2019)


  7. #6
    Helen Mirren's crudder
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Terry's Avatar
    Member No
    181
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:35 PM
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    10,233
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    3,289
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,121 Posts


    Rep Power
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by hain23x View Post
    https://youtu.be/bSI7pKE6s0A


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Opening song was a bit surprising, in that such a relatively simple tune technically wouldn't have been something I would have expected from these musicians.

    The second tune, a 7 minute extended Shyboy wankfest, IS pretty much what I expected when reading the thread opener lineup listing.

    Pretty much like....yep, Vai & Sheehan: let's get ready for overkill / everything-but-the-kitchen-sink technical excess. Admittedly, instrumentally, it sounded like these guys haven't lost a step in the last 40 years in terms of technical ability. Jeff Scott Soto was just kinda...there. Capable enough singer in terms of staying in key as he always has been, but ever since the Malmsteen Marching Out album Soto has never really displayed much to me in terms of having a particularly distinctive voice. I suppose that's why he has bounced from project to project for decades without ever making much of a name for himself.

    I particularly enjoyed the camera angle you filmed it from in terms of displaying the slutty metal chick bumping and grinding onstage along to the music. Easily the most entertaining part of the brief set for me...only because once you've seen Vai & Sheehan dazzle with the pyrotechnics several dozen times...it kinda gets a bit boring. Astounding in 1986, no doubt. Frank Zappa once put it along the lines of going weedly-weedly-wee ad nauseum and jacking off through your amplifier.

    If nothing else, it does display that the EEAS lineup could still go out and kill it on an instrumental level if such a reunion were to happen. Was sort of mildly surprised Dave didn't show up just as a surprise special guest. Not that I would have expected it to be anything near just like 1986 all over again had he done so, but it would have been kinda neat (a damn sight better than those last couple of recent solo appearances he made at those benefit gigs, at any rate).
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  8. 2 users say thank you to Terry for this KICKASS post:

    DavidLeeNatra (01-28-2019),Nickdfresh (01-28-2019)


  9. #7
    Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    DavidLeeNatra's Avatar
    Member No
    41
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    06-09-2019 @ 03:09 AM
    Location
    Berlin - Germany
    Age
    51
    Posts
    10,682
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,438
    Thanked 893 Times in 569 Posts


    Rep Power
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Opening song was a bit surprising, in that such a relatively simple tune technically wouldn't have been something I would have expected from these musicians.

    The second tune, a 7 minute extended Shyboy wankfest, IS pretty much what I expected when reading the thread opener lineup listing.

    Pretty much like....yep, Vai & Sheehan: let's get ready for overkill / everything-but-the-kitchen-sink technical excess. Admittedly, instrumentally, it sounded like these guys haven't lost a step in the last 40 years in terms of technical ability. Jeff Scott Soto was just kinda...there. Capable enough singer in terms of staying in key as he always has been, but ever since the Malmsteen Marching Out album Soto has never really displayed much to me in terms of having a particularly distinctive voice. I suppose that's why he has bounced from project to project for decades without ever making much of a name for himself.

    I particularly enjoyed the camera angle you filmed it from in terms of displaying the slutty metal chick bumping and grinding onstage along to the music. Easily the most entertaining part of the brief set for me...only because once you've seen Vai & Sheehan dazzle with the pyrotechnics several dozen times...it kinda gets a bit boring. Astounding in 1986, no doubt. Frank Zappa once put it along the lines of going weedly-weedly-wee ad nauseum and jacking off through your amplifier.

    If nothing else, it does display that the EEAS lineup could still go out and kill it on an instrumental level if such a reunion were to happen. Was sort of mildly surprised Dave didn't show up just as a surprise special guest. Not that I would have expected it to be anything near just like 1986 all over again had he done so, but it would have been kinda neat (a damn sight better than those last couple of recent solo appearances he made at those benefit gigs, at any rate).
    Opening song is a BR-movie hype using crowd pleaser...and Steve is a huuuuuge Brian May fan and admirer and friend.

    Love that bit from the video..."not if you were the last immigrant grocer on earth"

    Shyboy is still killer...what a hell of a band!

    Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk

  10. Thanked DavidLeeNatra for this KICKASS post:

    Terry (01-28-2019)


  11. #8
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    Seshmeister's Avatar
    Member No
    11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:35 AM
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    99
    Posts
    31,697
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,358
    Thanked 8,261 Times in 5,272 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    I guess a few more of these videos will be popping up over the next week, the Vai side ones with more guitar.

    Unfortunately there is a pointless tart dancing at that side too...




    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  12. #9
    GOOD GOD, YA'LL
    Head Fluffer
    hain23x's Avatar
    Member No
    2808
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:50 PM
    Location
    way down yonder in Louisville
    Posts
    417
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 93 Times in 57 Posts


    Rep Power
    17
    Reading between the lines in that recent interview Steve did w Dave & Dave I think they would be down for something again w Dave but the money and “who is the bid dog” would need to be totally different than last time


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #10
    THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

    Vinnie Velvet's Avatar
    Member No
    1201
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:06 PM
    Location
    Hard Rock City
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,991
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 188 Times in 123 Posts


    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by hain23x View Post
    Reading between the lines in that recent interview Steve did w Dave & Dave I think they would be down for something again w Dave but the money and “who is the bid dog” would need to be totally different than last time


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brother hain! How are ya man!

    I don't think the EEAS band can play arenas like VH though. Maybe smaller venues/smaller tour.

    Besides, Dave seems to be prepping for another VH jaunt this summer anyway.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  14. #11
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    Seshmeister's Avatar
    Member No
    11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:35 AM
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    99
    Posts
    31,697
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,358
    Thanked 8,261 Times in 5,272 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Opening song was a bit surprising, in that such a relatively simple tune technically wouldn't have been something I would have expected from these musicians.

    The second tune, a 7 minute extended Shyboy wankfest, IS pretty much what I expected when reading the thread opener lineup listing.
    It looks to me like a setlist they would do if there were no rehearsals - Vai and Sheehan have done Shyboy many times over the years. Bissonette's massive flagging of changes during the extended Shyboy bit also screams no rehearsal time.

  15. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

    Terry (01-28-2019)


  16. #12
    GOOD GOD, YA'LL
    Head Fluffer
    hain23x's Avatar
    Member No
    2808
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:50 PM
    Location
    way down yonder in Louisville
    Posts
    417
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 93 Times in 57 Posts


    Rep Power
    17
    No, even with Dave that would be a theater show.

    Wzzup VINNIE V!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #13
    Helen Mirren's crudder
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Terry's Avatar
    Member No
    181
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:35 PM
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    10,233
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    3,289
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,121 Posts


    Rep Power
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by hain23x View Post
    No, even with Dave that would be a theater show.

    Wzzup VINNIE V!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think if it was the actual EEAS band touring, you'd be able to fill venues that seated between 5-10,000, between hardcore G3 fans and Roth/Van Halen fans.

    Roth solo without Vai and Sheehan? Thousand seater-type gigs, if we're talking Roth solo as a headline act now. There just aren't enough hardcore Roth fans left who will pay to see him come hell or high water if he isn't fronting Van Halen.

  18. #14
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    Seshmeister's Avatar
    Member No
    11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:35 AM
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    99
    Posts
    31,697
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,358
    Thanked 8,261 Times in 5,272 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by hain23x View Post
    No, even with Dave that would be a theater show.
    Maybe but as an audience member the rule is

    Large Club > Theater > Arena > Stadium

  19. #15
    GOOD GOD, YA'LL
    Head Fluffer
    hain23x's Avatar
    Member No
    2808
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:50 PM
    Location
    way down yonder in Louisville
    Posts
    417
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 93 Times in 57 Posts


    Rep Power
    17
    I’m same way. So sick of stadiums and arenas. Only ticket available is always the back corner of the lower bowl.

    All I’ve been doing for shows are large clubs and theaters


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. Thanked hain23x for this KICKASS post:

    Terry (02-03-2019)


  21. #16
    THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

    Vinnie Velvet's Avatar
    Member No
    1201
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:06 PM
    Location
    Hard Rock City
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,991
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 188 Times in 123 Posts


    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by hain23x View Post
    No, even with Dave that would be a theater show.

    Wzzup VINNIE V!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Doing good brother hain!

    I agree with Terry that an EEAS tour would only appeal to hardcore guitar enthusiasts and Roth/VH fans. Not the casual concert goer who wants to hear Jump, Panama and Runnin with the Devil.

  22. #17
    GOOD GOD, YA'LL
    Head Fluffer
    hain23x's Avatar
    Member No
    2808
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:50 PM
    Location
    way down yonder in Louisville
    Posts
    417
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 93 Times in 57 Posts


    Rep Power
    17
    Nothing wrong w that show playing at your local Palace Theater


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #18
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    Seshmeister's Avatar
    Member No
    11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:35 AM
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    99
    Posts
    31,697
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,358
    Thanked 8,261 Times in 5,272 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Seems like the official footage is now out.

    Just Shyboy but missing the Queen thing is no loss.

    https://www.ryoulive.com/view/2a401b...8-a55ae78aca4f

  24. #19
    Helen Mirren's crudder
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Terry's Avatar
    Member No
    181
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:35 PM
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    10,233
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    3,289
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,121 Posts


    Rep Power
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by hain23x View Post
    Nothing wrong w that show playing at your local Palace Theater


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'd enjoy it.

    Saw Roth in 2006 at the Hard Rock in Orlando.

    Nothing necessarily exceptional about the gig, but it was...maybe a 2,000 person venue between balcony seating and 1st floor standing. Great sound/acoustics, more intimate.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. EVH Shark at NAMM 2019
    By twonabomber in forum This Is Gear Street
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-27-2019, 04:14 PM
  2. Dave's Current Band vs The EEAS Band. Who's Better?
    By Wolverine in forum Main VH/DLR Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-13-2005, 10:37 PM
  3. How the EEAS Band got together ?
    By Calderone in forum Main VH/DLR Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-15-2005, 09:55 AM
  4. EEAS Band reunion?
    By manwiththedogs in forum Main VH/DLR Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-03-2004, 01:43 PM
  5. Malmsteen or Vai For EEAS Band??
    By NathanRay in forum Main VH/DLR Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-12-2004, 10:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •