Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 Bernie Sanders set to announce 2020 presidential run - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernie Sanders set to announce 2020 presidential run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the retirement home for Bernie:

Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont, who is running for his second bid for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2020, became less popular among American voters in the last few months, according to the results of a new CNN poll.Although recent polls suggested Sanders is the leading choice for the ...

Comment

Originally posted by Nitro Express View Post
      Bernie didn't drag the Democrat Party anywhere. They dragged him under the bus because Hillary bought the party with her foundation money. The Democrat Party was broke and Hillary infused it with money and she convinced big donors she could win and promised them favors. When Hillary lost to Trump there was panic and the whole dynamic changed. Now the people running the party think you succeed by going even more left. Hillary was a corporate Democrat.

Bernie Sanders is popular because he's viewed as an outsider. He's perceived to be a man of the people and not corporations. So he gets lot's of grass roots money. Will he get thrown under again? Who knows. Politics is all about money and even if popular Democrats are saying having billionaires is wrong they also love money and tend to take money from billionaires so they can live their posh Washington DC lifestyle. Do you honestly think people like Cortez want to give that up once they get a taste of it?
      Trump, and the weak piss GOP hacks lining up so lick his saggy balls, seems to be doing far more for Democratic fundraising than Hillary's foundation ever did....

Comment

Actually Bernie Sanders is the Donald Trump of the left...
        Yeah, except he's not a complete fucking lying asshole...

Comment

The only person running on the left who isn't a complete nutcase is Joe Biden. The Democrats have moved too far to the left and they are fighting amongst themselves. I think Trump will get a second term by default. If the Dems were more to the middle and had better candidates I would say it's 50/50. Historically when the Dems move more left it hurts them in presidential elections.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

The only person running on the left who isn't a complete nutcase is Joe Biden. The Democrats have moved too far to the left and they are fighting amongst themselves. I think Trump will get a second term by default. If the Dems were more to the middle and had better candidates I would say it's 50/50. Historically when the Dems move more left it hurts them in presidential elections.
            Right... that's why the Goldwater Republican they ran last time lost to an Orange circus clown. And why the 2010 & 2014 congressional elections saw record losses by right wing fake "Democrats". And none more evident than in the 2018 midterms where candidates like AOC won in landslides, while right wing tools like Claire McAsshole were soundly defeated. The only right wing "Democrat" to win decisively last year was Doug Jones of Alabama, and he only won because he was running against a literal pedophile. Aside from not fucking 14 year olds at the mall, his voting record isn't much better than what Roy Moore's would have been.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

After the last election, I wouldn't want to wager money on the outcome of this upcoming one.

President Trump, as of right now, has a more than reasonable chance at a 2nd term. We haven't faced a major international crisis, the economy is chugging along at basically the same pace it was prior to President Trump, and a lot of these hard left platforms many of these announced candidates are offering don't stand a realistic chance of being enacted.

Between now and November 2020, it may well be the case that President Trump makes some major mistakes the cost him a 2nd term. Hillary Clinton, for all her faults, didn't - despite losing - underperform in a manner that was that far off at all from Gore, Kerry or Obama in terms of raw data and demographics. And I'm not exactly seeing any of these announced and soon to announce hopefuls catching fire / taking off yet. It's still WAY early, but most of the Dem hopefuls getting the majority of the media coverage...I gotta tell ya, I'm not seeing it. Keep in mind I voted for Kerry, Obama twice and Hillary Clinton. This current crop look like a bunch of pretenders jumping in because they have nothing to lose by trying.

There may be a larger number of disaffected Trump voters out there than have been polled. The best the Democratic Party can hope for right now is that enough of these disaffected Trump voters are located in states where it can make a difference in 2020 if they decide to stay home, combined with enough people who stayed home in 2016 because they were sure Clinton would win anyway who are ready to come out in 2020 for a Democratic candidate regardless of who it is.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post

President Trump, as of right now, has a more than reasonable chance at a 2nd term. We haven't faced a major international crisis, the economy is chugging along at basically the same pace it was prior to President Trump, and a lot of these hard left platforms many of these announced candidates are offering don't stand a realistic chance of being enacted.
                The F A T Orange fuck chances for a second term are slim. His base and the media really don't have the grip or the interest seeing how unstable and stupid he is. Wall Street wants someone who will fuck over the poor and the sick and destroy what's left of our civil rights and in 2o2o that will be a Democrat. Plus the F A T Orange man's budget proposal will bankrupt this country, cause a major health and hospital crisis and finally break the back of the middle class. The F A T Orange man will plunge us into a depression and the greedy fucks will not allow it. It will most be be a Wall Street-approved Democrat with a pro-Rethuglicon voting record and one who will backpedal on terms like medicare and infrastructure and not gut the GOP tax cuts but "reform" them to a meandering level where the middle class pays for more but not everything.

The F A T Orange fuck is getting worse and his agitprop, pro-military grandstanding is not getting him anywhere except with white nationalist dumbfucks who will most likely be in prison for being the potential terrorist they are. Wall Street wants a status quo and the F A T Orange fuck is not their ideal; he will be gone and most likely be put away in a nursing home or a state prison. That's not to say the Rethuglicons won't stop at fucking over this country, in fact, they will have a better chance with the F A T Orange fuck out of the picture. He has been their determent if anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                  After the last election, I wouldn't want to wager money on the outcome of this upcoming one.

Between now and November 2020, it may well be the case that President Trump makes some major mistakes the cost him a 2nd term. Hillary Clinton, for all her faults, didn't - despite losing - underperform in a manner that was that far off at all from Gore, Kerry or Obama in terms of raw data and demographics. And I'm not exactly seeing any of these announced and soon to announce hopefuls catching fire / taking off yet. It's still WAY early, but most of the Dem hopefuls getting the majority of the media coverage...I gotta tell ya, I'm not seeing it. Keep in mind I voted for Kerry, Obama twice and Hillary Clinton. This current crop look like a bunch of pretenders jumping in because they have nothing to lose by trying.

There may be a larger number of disaffected Trump voters out there than have been polled. The best the Democratic Party can hope for right now is that enough of these disaffected Trump voters are located in states where it can make a difference in 2020 if they decide to stay home, combined with enough people who stayed home in 2016 because they were sure Clinton would win anyway who are ready to come out in 2020 for a Democratic candidate regardless of who it is.
                  All the rhetoric sounds like the last election. Trump is the same Trump that ran last time. People thought his bluntness would shoot him in the foot. What Trump got right is he campaigned his ass off. He got out there. Hillary not so much. It's why Obama beat Mitt Romney. Obama campaigned his ass off and Mitt took a nap. All I can say is with the US passing $22 Trillion of debt it really doesn't matter who the next president is. The central bank will just keep printing dollars and the people in Washington DC will just keep spending and run the debt up even higher. How far? Nobody knows for sure but one thing we all know. It will end badly for everyone. You had Howard Schultz mention the out of control spending and he toyed with running but I think he see's now he will just put up with the same shit Trump is and it's not worth it to him. I don't think Schultz is crazy enough to run so that's what we got. A bunch of crazies. Trump included. We might as well put a monkey in the White House or just have Artificial Intelligence run the government.

But in a bet. I would put my money on Trump. The Dems are just too self-destructive right now.
                  Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-22-2019, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                    The F A T Orange fuck chances for a second term are slim. His base and the media really don't have the grip or the interest seeing how unstable and stupid he is. Wall Street wants someone who will fuck over the poor and the sick and destroy what's left of our civil rights and in 2o2o that will be a Democrat. Plus the F A T Orange man's budget proposal will bankrupt this country, cause a major health and hospital crisis and finally break the back of the middle class. The F A T Orange man will plunge us into a depression and the greedy fucks will not allow it. It will most be be a Wall Street-approved Democrat with a pro-Rethuglicon voting record and one who will backpedal on terms like medicare and infrastructure and not gut the GOP tax cuts but "reform" them to a meandering level where the middle class pays for more but not everything.

The F A T Orange fuck is getting worse and his agitprop, pro-military grandstanding is not getting him anywhere except with white nationalist dumbfucks who will most likely be in prison for being the potential terrorist they are. Wall Street wants a status quo and the F A T Orange fuck is not their ideal; he will be gone and most likely be put away in a nursing home or a state prison. That's not to say the Rethuglicons won't stop at fucking over this country, in fact, they will have a better chance with the F A T Orange fuck out of the picture. He has been their determent if anything.
                    Both the Republicans and Democrats are big spenders. Both are responsible for over $22 trillion of debt. Trump has about the same chance of winning as he did last time. If the economy holds maybe a better chance. As far as getting us into overseas conflicts both parties are guilty. Really not much difference but the Dems seem to be going away from wanting to follow the US Constitution more than the Republicans do. Not that either are that great at following it.

Comment

• I have another idea. In some European`s town is a major who is a punk. And his decision to be a major was a joke for some time, but people chose him and he rules.

Comment

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• slave FORD is having a meltdown.

Don't worry. Wall Street will get rid of the F A T Orange man

Comment

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...
                                X