Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 81 to 100 of 100

Thread: Bernie Sanders set to announce 2020 presidential run

  1. #81
    Hindsight is 2020
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:42 AM
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    53,701
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    3,152
    Thanked 5,801 Times in 4,315 Posts


    Rep Power
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Howard Schultz came from the projects in Brooklyn. Went to college on a basketball scholarship
    ....and then went on to ruin one of the best basketball teams in history. Fuck that asshole.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  2. #82
    Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

    Nickdfresh's Avatar
    Member No
    8719
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Age
    48
    Posts
    46,008
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,708
    Thanked 4,110 Times in 3,079 Posts


    Rep Power
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Sanders is nothing more than another sycophant. Another typical politician. The guy has never had a real job in his life and because of that he's in la la land. He's a cult of personality because he's perceived to be the anti-politician but in reality he's a US Senator and very much a politician and has no real record of accomplishing anything other than he himself living off of the public treasury.
    Um do you know what the word "sycophant" means?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  3. #83
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    Seshmeister's Avatar
    Member No
    11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:00 AM
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    98
    Posts
    31,546
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,343
    Thanked 8,217 Times in 5,242 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    The guy has never had a real job in his life and because of that he's in la la land. He's a cult of personality because he's perceived to be the anti-politician but in reality he's a US Senator and very much a politician and has no real record of accomplishing anything other than he himself living off of the public treasury.
    So like a non crooked sane version of Trump who wants to help other people?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  4. #84
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    twonabomber's Avatar
    Member No
    28
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:30 AM
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,241
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked 1,835 Times in 1,190 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Bernie Sanders Dragged Democrats Left. Will He Be Left Behind?

    https://www.theringer.com/2019/2/26/...rump-democrats
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  5. #85
    Hindsight is 2020
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:42 AM
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    53,701
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    3,152
    Thanked 5,801 Times in 4,315 Posts


    Rep Power
    129
    That writer makes the faulty assumption that the other so-called "Democratic" candidates, like Scamala Harris are actually serious about what they are currently saying. Bernie's consistent. You KNOW he means what he says, because he's been saying it since 1987 (probably before that, but that's when his political career essentially began). Scamala Harris - much like Hillary in 2016 - is pretending to support progressive ideas such as Medicare for All because she knows that's where the voters are. Bill Clinton & Barack Obama both campaigned to the left, but neither of them were actually progressive when they got into office.

  6. #86
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:29 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    29,284
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,147
    Thanked 3,286 Times in 2,674 Posts


    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Bernie Sanders Dragged Democrats Left. Will He Be Left Behind?

    https://www.theringer.com/2019/2/26/...rump-democrats
    Bernie didn't drag the Democrat Party anywhere. They dragged him under the bus because Hillary bought the party with her foundation money. The Democrat Party was broke and Hillary infused it with money and she convinced big donors she could win and promised them favors. When Hillary lost to Trump there was panic and the whole dynamic changed. Now the people running the party think you succeed by going even more left. Hillary was a corporate Democrat.

    Bernie Sanders is popular because he's viewed as an outsider. He's perceived to be a man of the people and not corporations. So he gets lot's of grass roots money. Will he get thrown under again? Who knows. Politics is all about money and even if popular Democrats are saying having billionaires is wrong they also love money and tend to take money from billionaires so they can live their posh Washington DC lifestyle. Do you honestly think people like Cortez want to give that up once they get a taste of it?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  7. #87
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:29 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    29,284
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,147
    Thanked 3,286 Times in 2,674 Posts


    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    So like a non crooked sane version of Trump who wants to help other people?
    Actually Bernie Sanders is the Donald Trump of the left. Both are outsiders and popular because they are perceived to not be part of the crooked political system. Also both Bernie and Trump are egotistical blowhards. As far as sanity goes sane people don't run for president. Nobody sane wants the job.

  8. #88
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:29 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    29,284
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,147
    Thanked 3,286 Times in 2,674 Posts


    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    78
    The reality is the game is still partisan. Who wins presidential elections is the person who can convince the 10% who don't vote a party line they are the better candidate. That's the game. If you go to far left or too far right you lose those votes. I think Trump gets that concept. I'm not sure anyone on the Democrat side does.

  9. #89
    Hindsight is 2020
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:42 AM
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    53,701
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    3,152
    Thanked 5,801 Times in 4,315 Posts


    Rep Power
    129

  10. #90
    Hindsight is 2020
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:42 AM
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    53,701
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    3,152
    Thanked 5,801 Times in 4,315 Posts


    Rep Power
    129

  11. #91
    We Are All F A T Barb
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Kristy's Avatar
    Member No
    7609
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Location
    Denver, Colo
    Posts
    14,041
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    1,579
    Thanked 2,403 Times in 1,779 Posts


    Rep Power
    53
    Looks like the retirement home for Bernie:

    https://www.alternet.org/2019/03/thi...ernie-sanders/
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  12. #92
    Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

    Nickdfresh's Avatar
    Member No
    8719
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Age
    48
    Posts
    46,008
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,708
    Thanked 4,110 Times in 3,079 Posts


    Rep Power
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Bernie didn't drag the Democrat Party anywhere. They dragged him under the bus because Hillary bought the party with her foundation money. The Democrat Party was broke and Hillary infused it with money and she convinced big donors she could win and promised them favors. When Hillary lost to Trump there was panic and the whole dynamic changed. Now the people running the party think you succeed by going even more left. Hillary was a corporate Democrat.

    Bernie Sanders is popular because he's viewed as an outsider. He's perceived to be a man of the people and not corporations. So he gets lot's of grass roots money. Will he get thrown under again? Who knows. Politics is all about money and even if popular Democrats are saying having billionaires is wrong they also love money and tend to take money from billionaires so they can live their posh Washington DC lifestyle. Do you honestly think people like Cortez want to give that up once they get a taste of it?
    Trump, and the weak piss GOP hacks lining up so lick his saggy balls, seems to be doing far more for Democratic fundraising than Hillary's foundation ever did....

  13. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

    Terry (03-21-2019)


  14. #93
    Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

    Nickdfresh's Avatar
    Member No
    8719
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Age
    48
    Posts
    46,008
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,708
    Thanked 4,110 Times in 3,079 Posts


    Rep Power
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Actually Bernie Sanders is the Donald Trump of the left...
    Yeah, except he's not a complete fucking lying asshole...

  15. #94
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:29 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    29,284
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,147
    Thanked 3,286 Times in 2,674 Posts


    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    78
    The only person running on the left who isn't a complete nutcase is Joe Biden. The Democrats have moved too far to the left and they are fighting amongst themselves. I think Trump will get a second term by default. If the Dems were more to the middle and had better candidates I would say it's 50/50. Historically when the Dems move more left it hurts them in presidential elections.

  16. #95
    Hindsight is 2020
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:42 AM
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    53,701
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    3,152
    Thanked 5,801 Times in 4,315 Posts


    Rep Power
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    The only person running on the left who isn't a complete nutcase is Joe Biden. The Democrats have moved too far to the left and they are fighting amongst themselves. I think Trump will get a second term by default. If the Dems were more to the middle and had better candidates I would say it's 50/50. Historically when the Dems move more left it hurts them in presidential elections.
    Right... that's why the Goldwater Republican they ran last time lost to an Orange circus clown. And why the 2010 & 2014 congressional elections saw record losses by right wing fake "Democrats". And none more evident than in the 2018 midterms where candidates like AOC won in landslides, while right wing tools like Claire McAsshole were soundly defeated. The only right wing "Democrat" to win decisively last year was Doug Jones of Alabama, and he only won because he was running against a literal pedophile. Aside from not fucking 14 year olds at the mall, his voting record isn't much better than what Roy Moore's would have been.

  17. #96
    Helen Mirren's crudder
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Terry's Avatar
    Member No
    181
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    03-21-2019 @ 08:36 PM
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    10,191
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    3,241
    Thanked 1,760 Times in 1,117 Posts


    Rep Power
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    The only person running on the left who isn't a complete nutcase is Joe Biden. The Democrats have moved too far to the left and they are fighting amongst themselves. I think Trump will get a second term by default. If the Dems were more to the middle and had better candidates I would say it's 50/50. Historically when the Dems move more left it hurts them in presidential elections.
    After the last election, I wouldn't want to wager money on the outcome of this upcoming one.

    President Trump, as of right now, has a more than reasonable chance at a 2nd term. We haven't faced a major international crisis, the economy is chugging along at basically the same pace it was prior to President Trump, and a lot of these hard left platforms many of these announced candidates are offering don't stand a realistic chance of being enacted.

    Between now and November 2020, it may well be the case that President Trump makes some major mistakes the cost him a 2nd term. Hillary Clinton, for all her faults, didn't - despite losing - underperform in a manner that was that far off at all from Gore, Kerry or Obama in terms of raw data and demographics. And I'm not exactly seeing any of these announced and soon to announce hopefuls catching fire / taking off yet. It's still WAY early, but most of the Dem hopefuls getting the majority of the media coverage...I gotta tell ya, I'm not seeing it. Keep in mind I voted for Kerry, Obama twice and Hillary Clinton. This current crop look like a bunch of pretenders jumping in because they have nothing to lose by trying.

    There may be a larger number of disaffected Trump voters out there than have been polled. The best the Democratic Party can hope for right now is that enough of these disaffected Trump voters are located in states where it can make a difference in 2020 if they decide to stay home, combined with enough people who stayed home in 2016 because they were sure Clinton would win anyway who are ready to come out in 2020 for a Democratic candidate regardless of who it is.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  18. #97
    We Are All F A T Barb
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Kristy's Avatar
    Member No
    7609
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Location
    Denver, Colo
    Posts
    14,041
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    1,579
    Thanked 2,403 Times in 1,779 Posts


    Rep Power
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post

    President Trump, as of right now, has a more than reasonable chance at a 2nd term. We haven't faced a major international crisis, the economy is chugging along at basically the same pace it was prior to President Trump, and a lot of these hard left platforms many of these announced candidates are offering don't stand a realistic chance of being enacted.
    The F A T Orange fuck chances for a second term are slim. His base and the media really don't have the grip or the interest seeing how unstable and stupid he is. Wall Street wants someone who will fuck over the poor and the sick and destroy what's left of our civil rights and in 2o2o that will be a Democrat. Plus the F A T Orange man's budget proposal will bankrupt this country, cause a major health and hospital crisis and finally break the back of the middle class. The F A T Orange man will plunge us into a depression and the greedy fucks will not allow it. It will most be be a Wall Street-approved Democrat with a pro-Rethuglicon voting record and one who will backpedal on terms like medicare and infrastructure and not gut the GOP tax cuts but "reform" them to a meandering level where the middle class pays for more but not everything.

    The F A T Orange fuck is getting worse and his agitprop, pro-military grandstanding is not getting him anywhere except with white nationalist dumbfucks who will most likely be in prison for being the potential terrorist they are. Wall Street wants a status quo and the F A T Orange fuck is not their ideal; he will be gone and most likely be put away in a nursing home or a state prison. That's not to say the Rethuglicons won't stop at fucking over this country, in fact, they will have a better chance with the F A T Orange fuck out of the picture. He has been their determent if anything.

  19. #98
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:29 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    29,284
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,147
    Thanked 3,286 Times in 2,674 Posts


    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    After the last election, I wouldn't want to wager money on the outcome of this upcoming one.

    President Trump, as of right now, has a more than reasonable chance at a 2nd term. We haven't faced a major international crisis, the economy is chugging along at basically the same pace it was prior to President Trump, and a lot of these hard left platforms many of these announced candidates are offering don't stand a realistic chance of being enacted.

    Between now and November 2020, it may well be the case that President Trump makes some major mistakes the cost him a 2nd term. Hillary Clinton, for all her faults, didn't - despite losing - underperform in a manner that was that far off at all from Gore, Kerry or Obama in terms of raw data and demographics. And I'm not exactly seeing any of these announced and soon to announce hopefuls catching fire / taking off yet. It's still WAY early, but most of the Dem hopefuls getting the majority of the media coverage...I gotta tell ya, I'm not seeing it. Keep in mind I voted for Kerry, Obama twice and Hillary Clinton. This current crop look like a bunch of pretenders jumping in because they have nothing to lose by trying.

    There may be a larger number of disaffected Trump voters out there than have been polled. The best the Democratic Party can hope for right now is that enough of these disaffected Trump voters are located in states where it can make a difference in 2020 if they decide to stay home, combined with enough people who stayed home in 2016 because they were sure Clinton would win anyway who are ready to come out in 2020 for a Democratic candidate regardless of who it is.
    All the rhetoric sounds like the last election. Trump is the same Trump that ran last time. People thought his bluntness would shoot him in the foot. What Trump got right is he campaigned his ass off. He got out there. Hillary not so much. It's why Obama beat Mitt Romney. Obama campaigned his ass off and Mitt took a nap. All I can say is with the US passing $22 Trillion of debt it really doesn't matter who the next president is. The central bank will just keep printing dollars and the people in Washington DC will just keep spending and run the debt up even higher. How far? Nobody knows for sure but one thing we all know. It will end badly for everyone. You had Howard Schultz mention the out of control spending and he toyed with running but I think he see's now he will just put up with the same shit Trump is and it's not worth it to him. I don't think Schultz is crazy enough to run so that's what we got. A bunch of crazies. Trump included. We might as well put a monkey in the White House or just have Artificial Intelligence run the government.

    But in a bet. I would put my money on Trump. The Dems are just too self-destructive right now.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; Yesterday at 05:40 AM.

  20. #99
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:29 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    29,284
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,147
    Thanked 3,286 Times in 2,674 Posts


    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    The F A T Orange fuck chances for a second term are slim. His base and the media really don't have the grip or the interest seeing how unstable and stupid he is. Wall Street wants someone who will fuck over the poor and the sick and destroy what's left of our civil rights and in 2o2o that will be a Democrat. Plus the F A T Orange man's budget proposal will bankrupt this country, cause a major health and hospital crisis and finally break the back of the middle class. The F A T Orange man will plunge us into a depression and the greedy fucks will not allow it. It will most be be a Wall Street-approved Democrat with a pro-Rethuglicon voting record and one who will backpedal on terms like medicare and infrastructure and not gut the GOP tax cuts but "reform" them to a meandering level where the middle class pays for more but not everything.

    The F A T Orange fuck is getting worse and his agitprop, pro-military grandstanding is not getting him anywhere except with white nationalist dumbfucks who will most likely be in prison for being the potential terrorist they are. Wall Street wants a status quo and the F A T Orange fuck is not their ideal; he will be gone and most likely be put away in a nursing home or a state prison. That's not to say the Rethuglicons won't stop at fucking over this country, in fact, they will have a better chance with the F A T Orange fuck out of the picture. He has been their determent if anything.
    Both the Republicans and Democrats are big spenders. Both are responsible for over $22 trillion of debt. Trump has about the same chance of winning as he did last time. If the economy holds maybe a better chance. As far as getting us into overseas conflicts both parties are guilty. Really not much difference but the Dems seem to be going away from wanting to follow the US Constitution more than the Republicans do. Not that either are that great at following it.

  21. #100
    Roth Army Recruit

    Member No
    35537
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:00 AM
    Location
    Bell
    Posts
    4
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Rep Power
    0
    I have another idea. In some European`s town is a major who is a punk. And his decision to be a major was a joke for some time, but people chose him and he rules.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-25-2018, 10:29 PM
  2. Bernie Sanders Gets Things Done
    By FORD in forum The Front Line
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-01-2017, 10:36 PM
  3. Sanders/Warren 2020
    By FORD in forum The Front Line
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-02-2017, 06:56 PM
  4. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 01-27-2017, 06:35 PM
  5. The Myth of Bernie Sanders
    By ELVIS in forum The Front Line
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-17-2014, 11:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •