Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    02-05-2021 @ 09:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks

PAYGO Skipped

You signed up for PAYGO and didn't know it. Don't worry, it only took a few assholes to figure out how not to pay it. It's an old rule so screw it. But the damn thing keeps coming up.

The federal deficit is heading toward 22 trillion. Every year the deficit grows. So what's anybody doing about it? Nothing.
    Congress passed a CR to keep the government open an additional three weeks. As usual, the left hand was doing something while the right hand was doing another. So while everybody was wound up about a wall, 900 million in automatic spending cuts got delayed and moved to the next fiscal year. Nobody told you that was in that CR?

They don't hold to their own rules but expect you to. They've got you looking at the cost of the shutdown to them and they haven't paid their own bills. What's even more angering about this whole shutdown bullshit is the fact the taxpayers pay for all negotiations with the federal employees union.

The real kick in the face? Government agencies provide free office space for the fed unions to conduct union operations.

Who's up for a little more bending over?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,749 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries
    You do realize the deficit is a joke. The only people concerned about it are the billionaires and some millionaires to see as an obstacle to them making more money and carving up America.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    You do realize the deficit is a joke. The only people concerned about it are the billionaires and some millionaires to see as an obstacle to them making more money and carving up America.
    kris, I realize you chimed in here. If you're here to just one up me, I concede, you win, and you can move on.

$21,970,880,500.++
    The national debt is at $21.9 trillion. It's rising at the fastest rate ever.

We're running about a $900 billion debt each year and the interest payment on that debt is about 350 million.

I've been pushed aside politically and socially for hanging on every to asset I possibly could. It's down to just me and I'm about to hang it all up. I'm done at the end of this year.

We're pushing close to 50% on the interest payment on the national debt. That 50% is a very important marker. If half of what you take in has already been spent, it won't matter your political affiliation.

What this means simply is: tax revenues haven't kept up with government spending.

I don't have an answer but I know the problem. Anyone who's ever bounced a check knows the problem. Your 10 bucks overdrawn, you get hit with a $35 fee from your bank, you get hit with a $35 fee from the purchaser, your checking account fell below the baseline to maintain free checking so there's another 10 bucks for the service fee and another 10 bucks to be reinstated above the baseline. That happens to real people every day. That is NOT a billionaire thing. That hundred dollars is out the window. It's gone. You paid for something you can't touch and you'll never see.

That's the interest payment on the national debt. All that interest money is gone. It's out the window. Every taxpayer is paying for something we can't touch and will never see.

The problem is real. This is a problem we can't stop. This has got nothing to do with politics. This is how it is. Fact.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I really want to make this point solid here. The private sector can't go from year-to-year without paying its bills. It doesn't work like that. When the private sector takes a huge hit regardless of how it happens, everyone has to contract. Everyone has to pull back. I've heard this type of maneuver called retrenching in the economy. I don't know if that's accurate. But what we saw in 2008 did not work. And it's because the private sector cannot issue dollars.

The private sector makes their dollars from government by purchasing bonds. Has anybody looked at the bond market at all? Were talking just a tick above or a tick below 3% on a 10 year bond. That's over the last eight years. Not to get too far into the weeds here, but for quite a while the average has been about 7% on the 10 year bond.

In the meantime, the government did QE for years and we still owe money on that debt. That money is out the window. It's gone. We never touched it.

So when the government prints money for itself, the private sector moves to live within its means. Where does that leave us? It leaves us with the government right back in the same place it was; in debt.

The Washington Times ran a story a month back about putting America's finances in order. The article pointed out accurately that the federal debt is affecting states because they can't afford their obligations. It doesn't matter what the predictions are and how many years. What matters in a situation like this is resolving this before it's over. And it will be over because nobody can afford to carry the United States as a debt liability.

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

FORD, I really appreciate you throwing that dumb mother fucker in my face.

I got dumb mother fucker's up to my ass from the right, and I got dumb mother fuckers up to my nose from the left. I don't give a shit Who's Who. Right now I don't even give a shit that you do.

When you pay interest on your house, when you pay interest on your car, when you go down to Rent A Center and pay interest on the TV for the Super Bowl; that interest money is gone. You never touched it. You never saw it. If half of what we earn is going to interest, we can't get one and a half times ahead to resolve this.

We are outspending our ability to be able to maintain everything we have in the USA right now. Good or bad.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Funny how we didn't have that problem when the rich bastards were paying their fair share of taxes, isn't it?

We had good roads, we had living wage union jobs, we had the best education system on the planet, we had solid, public owned utilities, and the power only went out when a windstorm dropped a tree across the power lines.

Sure there were many other issues... all the idiotic social prejudices that took a long time to get over, obviously. And wars like Vietnam. But in terms of the economic reality, and the infrastructure of America, it didn't get any better than the period between about 1935 - 1980. And we all know damn well why. It's time for both the Republicans and the fake "Democrats" of the Turd Way/DLC crowd to stop making up goddamned excuses for it, just to benefit these fucking parasites who fund their campaigns.

Thread Information