NAMM 2019: EVH Debuts New Wolfgang WG Standard Xotic Guitar, New Wolfgang Colors

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

NAMM 2019: EVH Debuts New Wolfgang WG Standard Xotic Guitar, New Wolfgang Colors

EVH has unveiled its new Wolfgang WG Standard Xotic guitar.

The Wolfgang WG Standard Xotic features a basswood body with a “comfort cut” forearm contour for, along with masked-off natural body binding and a poplar burl top. It has a one-piece bolt-on baked maple neck with graphite reinforcement rods and a spoke wheel at the base of the neck for quick and painless truss rod adjustments.

The axe also features an oiled neck back finish and a 12”-16” compound radius baked maple fingerboard with rolled edges, 22 jumbo frets and black dot inlays.

Dual EVH Wolfgang humbucking pickups mounted directly to the body increase vibration transfer, while two domed control knobs have been dialed-in to Van Halen’s exacting specifications. The guitar also comes with EVH-branded Floyd Rose Special bridge and an R2 locking nut.

The Wolfgang WG Standard Xotic is available in a Midnight Sunset finish with a black headstock and black chrome hardware. The guitar will be available in March at an MSRP of $896.94.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

And a video with the Shark, Xotic, and new colors

I like the primer gray but would rather have the maple neck.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• private parts
      Sniper
      • Jan 2007

The Midnight sunset is just badass! Could also look good if it faded to black vs blue.
      sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I agree, I think it may be the best looking Wolfgang even though it's on a cheap one.

Comment

• private parts
          Sniper
          • Jan 2007

So now that I have both the cheap Standard and the more expensive Special, I can say that to my ear the Special has a fuller tone and maybe slightly hotter pups, but the Standard build is just super solid.
          Particularly the fret work. The Special needs to have the the fret ends filed down- pretty sharp to the hand. Wouldn't think that would be an issue for the more pricey version but I've read that others have had the same issue.
          I thought the Japanese were supposed to be kings of quality control.

Comment

• private parts
            Sniper
            • Jan 2007

What a Beauty!

midnight.jpg

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Oh, I have a question for your multitude of failed musicians:

Why is a god damn limey narrating for Eddie's junk guitars?

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

I find it disgraceful and unforgivable that a god damn limey is promoting AMERICAN guitars played by an AMERICAN musician.

This cannot stand. A letter is going out to my Congresswoman first thing tomorrow morning.

I am disgusted by that video.

Comment

• private parts
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2007

Maybe we should build a wall across the Eastern Seaboard.

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Or pass a law that keeps failed musicians from buying Eddie's worthless crap

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

I like the EVH amps and cabs. Never liked the looks of the Wolfgang guitars.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Kristy
                        I find it disgraceful and unforgivable that a god damn limey is promoting AMERICAN guitars played by an AMERICAN musician.
                        Actually Indonesian guitars played by a Indonesian Dutch musician.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                          I like the EVH amps and cabs. Never liked the looks of the Wolfgang guitars.
                          I'm not a huge fan of the headstocks but it's not a deal breaker.

Comment

• private parts
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2007

Someone once said it doubles as a beer bottle opener. Haven't tried it yet but looks doable.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Someone here (was it Nitro?) said he didn't like headstocks where all the pegs aren't on the one side and now he's pointed it out it's started to annoy me too.

Comment

Working...