Trump Fucking Over the Middle Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZahZoo View Post
    Ignorance eh? There's only one group of people in which deductions have significantly shifted their tax burden. For most of the nation, the standard deduction more than covers anything they could have gotten by itemizing, therefore simplifying their tax submissions and saving them a few hundred dollars in tax preparation fees and paying less in their overall adjusted tax rate than in 2017.

Now, for those who are crying the most, like you, are people from high tax states and $10K cap on deducting their outrageous state and local taxes. Where should your angst be directed..? The feds for capping your write-off or the state, county and city that's been taxing your ass so heavily to begin with..?
    Horseshit. My angst should be directed at those advocating idiotic tax policies that do not benefit the middle class and seem to contribute to the crushing of it and overall policies that favor wage stagnation. There's a reason why middle to upper middle class white people in suburbs are increasing going Blue and the GOP is shitting itself over it...

And again, every "high tax" state is also high income state that sends a lot more to the federal treasury to float stupid hicks in the deadbeat Red states that suck more out of the the treasury...

Amazon isn't a middle-class citizen... I don't give a rats ass what they pay in taxes. It's still millions or billions more than you and i combined even with their loopholes and financial engineering.
    Well, I guess the while thing sails right over your head and you're the typical uninformed sleeper that doesn't "read" much. The whole premise behind the lowering of the corporate tax rate to 20%, which I am all for, is that they actually have to pay the their fucking taxes to begin with. It's just a two-faced bullshit argument floated by Republicans. But hey, Trump wants more cuts that benefit him....

Comment

AP FACT CHECK: Blue high-tax states fund red low-tax states
      By STEPHEN OHLEMACHER
      December 9, 2017

In this Dec. 5, 2017, photo, House Speaker Paul Ryan of Wis., speaks on Capitol Hill in Washington. Republican leaders have spent months promoting the myth that red low-tax states are subsidizing blue high-tax states because of the deduction for state and local taxes. (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)
      WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican leaders have spent months promoting the myth that red low-tax states are subsidizing blue high-tax states because of the deduction for state and local taxes.

An Associated Press Fact Check finds it’s actually the other way around. High-tax, traditionally Democratic states (blue), subsidize low-tax, traditionally Republican states (red) — in a big way.

Republicans are trying to eliminate the deduction as part of the sweeping tax package working its way through Congress. They added back a deduction for up to $10,000 in property taxes, in a concession to Republicans from high-tax states such as New York and New Jersey. California Republicans are pushing to extend the deduction to local income taxes, too.

It is true that taxpayers in high-tax states benefit the most from the deduction. However, these states send far more tax dollars to Washington than residents in low-tax states.

In fact, most high-tax states send more money to Washington than they get back in federal spending. Most low-tax states make a profit from the federal government’s system of taxing and spending.

HOUSE SPEAKER PAUL RYAN:

— Ryan said the rest of the country is “propping up profligate, big-government states.”

— “States that got their act together are paying for states that didn’t,” the Wisconsin Republican said.

TREASURY SECRETARY STEVEN MNUCHIN:

— “We are getting the federal government out of the business of subsidizing states. That is going to impact high-tax states.”

THE FACTS:

Connecticut residents paid an average of $15,643 per person in federal taxes in 2015, according to a report by the Rockefeller Institute of Government. Massachusetts paid $13,582 per person, New Jersey paid $13,137 and New York paid $12,820.

California residents paid an average of $10,510.

At the other end, Mississippi residents paid an average of $5,740 per person, while West Virginia paid $6,349, Kentucky paid $6,626 and South Carolina paid $6,665.

Low-tax red states also fare better when you take into account federal spending.

Mississippi received $2.13 for every tax dollar the state sent to Washington in 2015, according to the Rockefeller study. West Virginia received $2.07, Kentucky got $1.90 and South Carolina got $1.71.

Meanwhile, New Jersey received 74 cents in federal spending for tax every dollar the state sent to Washington. New York received 81 cents, Connecticut received 82 cents and Massachusetts received 83 cents.

California fared a bit better than other blue states. It received 96 cents for every dollar the state sent to Washington.

On average, states received $1.14 in federal spending for every tax dollar they sent to Washington. That’s why the federal government has a budget deficit.

___

Follow Stephen Ohlemacher on Twitter at http://twitter.com/stephenatap

WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican leaders have spent months promoting the myth that red low-tax states are subsidizing blue high-tax states because of the deduction for state and local taxes.

Comment

So the people actually generating the economy are getting fucked...

Comment

You talk about states faring better... have you ever been to Mississippi, Kentucky, West Virginia..? Take a trip... when you get back tell me about how those folks are living the good life on all that federal money they get...
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Originally posted by ZahZoo View Post
            You talk about states faring better... have you ever been to Mississippi, Kentucky, West Virginia..? Take a trip... when you get back tell me about how those folks are living the good life on all that federal money they get...
            Well old man fuck face, apparently the results are in and yeah, no one in the middle class really benefits from the Trump tax cuts...

Fucking douchebags, nice "like" Sesh...

Both of you old fucks can blow Trump harder...

Comment

Originally posted by Nickdfresh View Post
              Well old man fuck face, apparently the results are in and yeah, no one in the middle class really benefits from the Trump tax cuts...

The only way Trump could win the last election is he had to get 18% of the Bernie voters to vote for him. Of course when the Democrat Party used their superdelegates to throw Bernie under because Hillary Clinton had a big foundation to buy people off that pretty much tipped the scale over to Trump. In this next coming election 45% of the voters will vote for Trump. The other 45% will vote for whoever the Democrats run so only 10% will decide who the next president will be because it's still all about partisan politics. Taxes might be an issue that sways that 10% over to the Dems. We will see. Of course it all depends on where you live. I haven't heard people complain here but maybe in places like New York City and Los Angeles where you have more local taxes that you can't deduct it's different.

Also you have to realize that not all the states are the same as far as how much federal land is in the states. Out west where I live large percentages of the states are federal land. Either US Forrest land or BLM land. Federal money goes to maintain federal facilities, national parks, roads, bridges and fight the many forrest and brush fires that happen. You can't compare states across the board on how much federal money each gets. States like Utah, Idaho, Nevada and Wyoming have large amounts of federal land where back in the midwest and the east there is more private land.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Obviously dipshit, we're talking about people who have jobs. Em, "middle class"?

How many libertarian and corporate fucktards strive to keep lowering taxes while enjoying all of the massive infrastructure they think is just free....

How many welfare collectors in Red states voted for Trump? LOTS!
                I think I saw more people on welfare when I lived in New York than anywhere else I have lived. I pretty much live in a tax haven now. I don't think there are too many people on welfare around here. Oh we get lots of federal money but that goes to maintain Yellowstone National Park. Grand Teton National Park and all the BLM and US Forrest Service land we have out here. We have no state income tax because we have oil and tax our oil exports.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Hmmm... I fall into the middle-class income range and paid over $12k less in federal and over $500 less in state taxes with nearly the same income and exemptions compared to 2017.

Cuss it up, hot rod... that appears to be a benefit of the tax cuts Congress and my state passed last year. Tell me again, how this is a bad thing..?
                  "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...
                  X