Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,279 Times in 4,710 Posts

Tim Eyman: Been Caught Stealin'

theolympian.com
    Tim Eyman investigated for theft after incident in Lacey | The Olympian
    By Abby Spegman

Tim Eyman, the anti-tax activist and initiative promoter, is being investigated for misdemeanor theft after he allegedly stole a $70 chair from an Office Depot store in Lacey this week.

According to Lacey police, officers were called to the store on Sleater Kinney Road Southeast shortly after noon Wednesday. Store employees said they noticed the office chair was missing from a display near the front door and said surveillance video identified the suspect as Eyman, according to Lacey police Sgt. Jaime Newcomb.

Police watched the video and came to the same conclusion, Newcomb said. They have since forwarded their report to city prosecutors.

Lacey City Attorney David Schneider said Friday afternoon a decision about whether to charge Eyman has not been made.

“We’ll make a charging decision after we get everything, but that’s not going to be done today,” Schneider said.

When contacted by The Olympian, Eyman sent an email saying, “I just called the Lacey Office Depot who referred me to the Lacey Police Department. I am expecting a call from the officer in charge to explain what happened. I will cooperate fully in this process and will do whatever is required of me.”

Eyman recently collected enough signatures to send his latest initiative to cut car-tab taxes to a flat $30 fee to the Legislature and to the voters in November.

But The Olympian has reported that a three-year-old state Attorney General’s Office investigation into alleged kickbacks Eyman solicited and received from petition-signature-gathering firms shows some unreported payments went back as far as 2009, Attorney General Bob Ferguson’s legal team contends. Eyman is being held in contempt of court and fined daily for failing to turn over bank records, according to The Olympian’s archive.

Eyman also filed for bankruptcy and divorce late last year.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,279 Times in 4,710 Posts

Seriously, if you're going to go through the trouble of stealing a chair in broad daylight, knowing full well it's probably on camera, why bother with some made in China piece of shit chair like that. I'm familiar enough with that store to know that their $70 office chairs probably wouldn't last 6 months in a typical office environment (not that Timmy has one, he's a self-employed grifter).

He would have been better off trying to steal a chair from Creative Office Furnishings downtown. At least there he could rip off something of reasonable quality.

Thread Information