• speedtruckermf
    Groupie
    • Mar 2004

This is awful.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Nov 2004

I find it a really cool rendition. And... how long have VH themselves not played TYWH?
      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

John 5 did a good job.

Had (still have) no idea who Corey Taylor was prior to seeing this clip. He and the rest of the band did...okay, I guess.

I think I enjoyed the choice of the Van Halen tune covered - as Monsieur Frenchise says, not one often played by the band (I can't recall ever having heard a live version of it, and can't recall if the band was playing it during the WACF tour or not) - more so then necessarily how it was covered in the clip, which was overall...competent if not exceptional.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I would guess part of the reason for choosing it is how simple it would be for the backing band without a rehearsal.

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            I would guess part of the reason for choosing it is how simple it would be for the backing band without a rehearsal.
            Far as the drums and bass go, pretty simple in terms of CVH: fairly easy for a competent rhythm section to perform.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by speedtruckermf
              This is awful.
              Theatrical singers always suck. His lame-ass tattoos also suck as does his weird receding hairline. I have no problems with anyone doing a cover as long as they perform the god damn song in the manner that not one of those fuckers on stage wrote it.

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

And somebody please tell John 5 that 1989 is over. Get a new wardrobe.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Terry
                  I think I enjoyed the choice of the Van Halen tune covered - as Monsieur Frenchise says, not one often played by the band (I can't recall ever having heard a live version of it, and can't recall if the band was playing it during the WACF tour or not) -
                  Yeah they did it 115 times live but the last time was 38 years ago in November 1980.

Comment

Working...