Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries

The Great, Great, Tiffany

Yeah, Tiffany what of it? She was cute, like Reganesque all-America girl 80's mall rat cute and she could kick the shit out of any Illuminati (allegedly) corporate knock off with no Auto-Tune or not god damn piped in stage shenanigans. Jim Morrison stuck his hand down his leather trousers to find the fabled lizard, you humped Gumby at an entrance to an anchor Sears somewhere in Ohio. Yes, Tiffany the glow girl who glowed too fast for her own good. Success and bad management killllllllllled her. R.I.P. Tiff, or until the next 80's revival cruise ship sell-out full of corporate creeps calls.

Oh, I can feel your goddamned "heartbeat" girl. And Taylor Swift can suck your dick
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    She was cute. Rubbed a few out to her in the 1980s.

Did success and management kill her, or was she working with a limited amount of talent to begin with and fluked out by getting as far as she did in the first place?

At least Tiffany didn't take herself too goddamned seriously a la Debbie Gibson.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    She was cute. Rubbed a few out to her in the 1980s.

Did success and management kill her, or was she working with a limited amount of talent to begin with and fluked out by getting as far as she did in the first place?

At least Tiffany didn't take herself too goddamned seriously a la Debbie Gibson.

Here's what she looks like now. Don't think you will be jerkin your junk off to the current Tiffany. She looks like a trailer court tramp now.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post

I didn't know until now that her one and only hit was actually a 1960s cover.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    I didn't know until now that her one and only hit was actually a 1960s cover.
    I was aware I Think We're Alone Now was a 1960s cover when Tiffany put it out, but I honestly can't recall how the original sounded.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Here's what she looks like now. Don't think you will be jerkin your junk off to the current Tiffany. She looks like a trailer court tramp now.
    Oddly enough, when Tiffany posed for Playboy maybe 15 + odd years ago, I didn't find the nudes that alluring: possibly too much time - a decade and a half - since her career peak in the late 1980s had passed: Tiffany nude in the early 2000s wasn't anything special. It kinda reeked of desperation on her part more than anything else. Plus, by then she no longer looked fresh and innocent, but rather like she had been around the block a few too many times.

Having said that, as for Tiffany today...well, clearly she likes to eat. However, she's gotta be pushing 50 years old by now. At least she seems comfortable with her body, and isn't going for some bizarre goop-style 0% body fat weight goal...call me strange, but seeing a woman's skeletal system through her skin...bit of a turn off.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Having said that, as for Tiffany today...well, clearly she likes to eat. However, she's gotta be pushing 50 years old by now. At least she seems comfortable with her body, and isn't going for some bizarre goop-style 0% body fat weight goal...call me strange, but seeing a woman's skeletal system through her skin...bit of a turn off.
    I'm not a customer and it's up to her but she's 47 and I do kind of expect my performers to make a little bit of effort about their appearance.

Her audience is there to live up their past and also she is the focus of their attention for the show so it becomes unprofessional to turn up fat in the same way as if she was an actor playing a sexy character in a movie.
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 02-26-2019 at 11:04 PM.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I'm not a customer and it's up to her but she's 47 and I do kind of expect my performers to make a little bit of effort about their appearance.

Her audience is there to live up their past and also she is the focus of their attention for the show so it becomes unprofessional to turn up fat in the same way as if she was an actor playing a sexy character in a movie.
    Yeah...I see your point. I still think it's kinda cool that Tiffany is who she is now, appearance-wise. Then again, I'm not among those currently paying money to see her perform.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Oddly enough, when Tiffany posed for Playboy maybe 15 + odd years ago, I didn't find the nudes that alluring: possibly too much time - a decade and a half - since her career peak in the late 1980s had passed: Tiffany nude in the early 2000s wasn't anything special. It kinda reeked of desperation on her part more than anything else. Plus, by then she no longer looked fresh and innocent, but rather like she had been around the block a few too many times.

Well dude. I think you have it all figured out. Hey maybe you will run into Tiffany and if you get it on, yeah man you will be pounding the real her and not some concoction from a chemical plastic company.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Well dude. I think you have it all figured out. Hey maybe you will run into Tiffany and if you get it on, yeah man you will be pounding the real her and not some concoction from a chemical plastic company.
    Personally, I think excessive, elective plastic/cosmetic surgery ruins a woman's looks...or a man, for that matter. One older woman I know had a very light eye lift, subtle enough to where it wasn't blatantly obvious. Generally? Not something that enhances, from where I sit.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Tiffany went bad like a three week old tuna fish sandwich.

12. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-26-2019)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:36 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

She actually tried to have TWO hits with 60s covers. But - just as it did with damn near everybody else who did a shitty Beatles cover - this one backfired bigtime and killed her "career"....

The difference between Tiffany and Debbie Gibson was while both of them sang cheesy bubble gum crap, at least Debbie wrote her own cheesy bubble gum crap.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    She actually tried to have TWO hits with 60s covers. But - just as it did with damn near everybody else who did a shitty Beatles cover - this one backfired bigtime and killed her "career"....

The difference between Tiffany and Debbie Gibson was while both of them sang cheesy bubble gum crap, at least Debbie wrote her own cheesy bubble gum crap.
    Which is arguably worse in terms of Gibson vs. Tiffany, in that Tiffany has an excuse for singing cheesy bubble gum crap, in that at least [Tiffany] didn't write said crap.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    When Jesus ruled the world

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

What was she at the time of this photo? 14-15? She could not been over 17. What always intrigued me about Tiffany and her counterrevolutionary teen queen Debbie was there really was no need for them in terms of any commercial demand. Both of them were singed to major labels. Tiffany with MCA and Debbie to Atlantic. Neither one half-assed labels in that era. Both of them were manged by big wigs and both had major producers and both went on to record two more albums in their teen years none of which ever succeeded their debuts. So what happened? Time has tested them to be weird experiments by major record companies that success only to end up as failure. Gibson seemed to handle it better either though family or better management and I say she has aged well. Tiffany looks like an Irish fire hydrant with prison tattoos. Amerca's Reagan youth has now grown old.

At least they could sing.
    Last edited by Kristy; 02-27-2019 at 12:58 AM.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Tiffany looks like an Irish fire hydrant with prison tattoos.
    Ouch!

I guess they both could still have made it today through the TV talent shows and they could at least sing. I don't know about Tiffany but Gibson's personality came across on the Orange Apprentice show as something you wouldn't want day in day out.
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 02-27-2019 at 08:36 PM.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Ouch!

I guess they both could still have made it today through the TV talent shows and they could at least sing. I don't know about Tiffany but Gibson's personality came across on the Orange Apprentice show as something you wouldn't want day in day out.
    Success fuck them up - especially Tiffany. I once read a interview of her where she said she doesn't remember much of '87-88 because she was constantly on the road not knowing what city or what country she was in (by the way, The Ramones pretty much said the same thing in Steven King's book). Then about a year later she is a "has been" with the majority of her fan base moving on to the likes of Nirvana, TLC, Deee-Lite. Britney didn't appear until what 97-98? So when you have that much notoriety only to go from Mach 3 to standing still would take its toll on anyone.

https://www.tiffany.org/info/chronology.html

According to her "chronological page" (yes she has one) it says here:

Nov. 89 Tiffany breaks with manager George Tobin and signs with Dick Scott, the New York-based entertainment manager who also manages New Kids On The Block. She begins work on a new album, representing a major change in style and career direction. In a related matter, MCA filed suit against Tobin claiming contract infringement; this allegedly results from Tobin attempting to sell some unreleased Tiffany songs to another record company after his split with her. There is also a legal case between Tiffany and Tobin over whether she had the right to this split given their contract, but ultimately she gains her freedom but does not have much money left after all these legal wrangles."

Then in April 91 "Tiffany breaks with Dick Scott's management. This begins a dark phase in her life when she is out of money, has no popularity left as a singer, and is a heavy marijuana user for a while. Ultimately, though, she stops the drug use, meets her future husband, and starts a stable family life. She credits her friendship with bodyguard Frank with helping her through this period. (See June, 1999) He also convinces her to become a born-again Christian."

Everything about her career is so fucked up from her mother to bad management to being broke. That whole list reads so sad. She has released 9 albums. I never knew that.

Last edited by Kristy; 02-28-2019 at 12:50 AM.

19. 2 users say thank you to Kristy for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-28-2019)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Success fuck them up - especially Tiffany. I once read a interview of her where she said she doesn't remember much of '87-88 because she was constantly on the road not knowing what city or what country she was in (by the way, The Ramones pretty much said the same thing in Steven King's book). Then about a year later she is a "has been" with the majority of her fan base moving on to the likes of Nirvana, TLC, Deee-Lite. Britney didn't appear until what 97-98? So when you have that much notoriety only to go from Mach 3 to standing still would take its toll on anyone.

https://www.tiffany.org/info/chronology.html

According to her "chronological page" (yes she has one) it says here:

Nov. 89 Tiffany breaks with manager George Tobin and signs with Dick Scott, the New York-based entertainment manager who also manages New Kids On The Block. She begins work on a new album, representing a major change in style and career direction. In a related matter, MCA filed suit against Tobin claiming contract infringement; this allegedly results from Tobin attempting to sell some unreleased Tiffany songs to another record company after his split with her. There is also a legal case between Tiffany and Tobin over whether she had the right to this split given their contract, but ultimately she gains her freedom but does not have much money left after all these legal wrangles."

Then in April 91 "Tiffany breaks with Dick Scott's management. This begins a dark phase in her life when she is out of money, has no popularity left as a singer, and is a heavy marijuana user for a while. Ultimately, though, she stops the drug use, meets her future husband, and starts a stable family life. She credits her friendship with bodyguard Frank with helping her through this period. (See June, 1999) He also convinces her to become a born-again Christian."

Everything about her career is so fucked up from her mother to bad management to being broke. That whole list reads so sad. She has released 9 albums. I never knew that.

I had no idea she had released anything beyond...what was the album that had I Think We're Alone Now on it...was that titled simply 'Tiffany'? I also remember Could've Been from that same album, which was a pretty big hit, along with the Beatles cover. I certainly never would have guessed she had released 9 other records in the intervening years between then and today...mostly because one just never heard anything about any of them, or much of anything else she was doing.

But...yeah, she went from total obscurity to this instant sensation in the blink of an eye, and then seemed to drop off the face of the Earth just as quickly. How anyone could not get fucked up by that is beyond me.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I had no idea she had released anything beyond...what was the album that had I Think We're Alone Now on it...was that titled simply 'Tiffany'? I also remember Could've Been from that same album, which was a pretty big hit, along with the Beatles cover. I certainly never would have guessed she had released 9 other records in the intervening years between then and today...mostly because one just never heard anything about any of them, or much of anything else she was doing.
    It all goes back to her producer George Tobin who was really more of an A&R 80's guy who knew how to market Tiffany. To place her on a "mall tour" was a brilliant scheme back then but I guess the problem was mall rats grow up and move on to other things, Tobin seemed to have had no vision beyond malls for her career and when that stopped so did her album sales - or least they never achieved the sells of her first. Tobin did go on to screw her on royalties as did her mother and maybe Tiffany never recovered from both either financially or psychologically. I can see where she got into food, drugs and even surgery to turn back the years or at least her help cope with the fallout. Somehow, she is still alive when so many from the mid-to-late 80's who had instant success lost their god damn minds.

Strange, strange decade the 80's.

22. Thanked Kristy for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-28-2019)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Dunno 'bout the weird experiment thing, as much as they were just a couple of flashes in the pan: they had their moment, turned out to be more timely than timeless, much like countless other one or two hit wonders. I mean, I'm not being smug characterizing their brief stays at the top that way - or at least smugness wasn't my intent - but that was just the way it went for them.

24. Thanked Terry for this KICKASS post:

Kristy (02-28-2019)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    A common story. In the entertainment business you can't see passed three years. New acts sign bad contracts and if they become a hit they make money for the manager and the record company but none for themselves. Usually the dream lifestyle is financed by an advance. If they have a good three year run they usually have no money of their own. Everyone gets burned in the beginning but if you can keep it going and you get smart you can get better management and negotiate better deals. Not everyone can do this so it's back to being a waitress or whatever. So basically most the pop music we heard on the radio was made by slaves. When Prince wrote Slave on his face he pretty much was right. It will end that way until you get smart enough to outsmart the record label.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    It really was a brilliant scheme

And god damn, she could sing.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Family Ties was pro-Reagan propaganda. The first Back to the Future was quite good.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Family Ties was pro-Reagan propaganda. The first Back to the Future was quite good.
    With the first Back To The Future, I didn't mind the story, or the vast bulk of the casting. I just never took to Michael J. Fox. I flat-out never understood the appeal he had, period. Not in Family Ties. Not in Back To The Future. Not in Casualties Of War. Not in Bright Lights, Big City. Not in The Light Of Day.

I suppose I would say unlike everything else I mentioned, I found him somewhat tolerable in Back To The Future, but every time I've seen that movie I always find myself wishing somebody else had played the lead. Maybe such as Eric Stoltz, who was originally cast for the lead and actually shot some footage on set before he was replaced by Fox.

Thread Information