Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jérôme Frenchise
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Nov 2004

Dave was spot on during the 2007-'08 tour. He's been steadily tumbling down from that peak ever since.
    What a shape he was in vocally, physically and... mentally during that tour!
    Then came the headset mike and the faggy cloth along with the vocal problems in 2012. Then the weird singing in 2015.
    At least he isn't on the wane as far as interviews.
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
      Yes, Roth DOES show some restraint re: not going assless chaps route.

Perhaps if someone could persuade him to ditch the assorted line of Peter Bogdanovich neckerchiefs...
      Being cool in your 60's is tricky business...

Roth is at a distinct disadvantage in life at his age... He has no wife or kids to honestly tell him his choice of clothes look fucking ridiculous and they won't be seen in public with him dressing like that...
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

So how do you manage it?

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
          Dave was spot on during the 2007-'08 tour. He's been steadily tumbling down from that peak ever since.
          What a shape he was in vocally, physically and... mentally during that tour!
          Then came the headset mike and the faggy cloth along with the vocal problems in 2012. Then the weird singing in 2015.
          At least he isn't on the wane as far as interviews.
          Roth fucking carried that 2007/2008 tour.

He had his shit hard wired.

A 2007 Roth with a 2012 Eddie and Mike Anthony on board, now THAT would have been a reunion worth seeing.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Fairwrning
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Oh shit, I forgot about the headset..WTF was that about?.. that was odd shit. 2007 was a great tour..Dave sounded good, band has always sounded good..I think MA is needed to cover for Dave if they decide to do this stadium tour, but like was said above, no way he plays one song..no way..

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
              Veteran
              • May 2004

I don't understand people trashing Dave. This was one of his most mature and coherent interviews I've ever seen.

The guy is supremely intelligent, which is why I think you dickheads are lost. You just aren't smart enough to follow him.

It makes me laugh when people analyze his life....."he's lonely"....."lost".....etc.

He could be in a coma, and still be smarter than most of you.

Guy gets more pussy in a month than have or ever will have in you entire life

Even the Joe Rogan board comments are overwhelmingly positive. People were blown away by Dave....those who know who he is as well as those who don't.

The guy is a living legend who still climbs in his 60s (including the Himilayas) and can run circles around most of you. Living the life of 50 people who each lived a full life.

I think many of you are just jealous. And you should be.

Now go give your fat ugly wives a kiss.....

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
                I don't understand people trashing Dave. This was one of his most mature and coherent interviews I've ever seen.

The guy is supremely intelligent, which is why I think you dickheads are lost. You just aren't smart enough to follow him.

It makes me laugh when people analyze his life....."he's lonely"....."lost".....etc.

Even the Joe Rogan board comments are overwhelmingly positive. People were blown away by Dave....those who know who he is as well as those who don't.

The guy is a living legend who still climbs in his 60s (including the Himilayas) and can run circles around most of you. Living the life of 50 people who each lived a full life.

Now you go and give Dave's cock a suck and take a whiff of his ass while you're down there: I figure since you uncritically idolize everything else the man does, doubtless you'll find his dick tastes great and his farts smell like roses, too.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  So how do you manage it?
                  LOL... keeping it simple. Nothin fancy and bold.
                  "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire

I agree with most of your sentiments (for once). But I think Dave's pussy quota is probably in a severe downturn...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                      That last charity solo gig he did...yeesh. Honestly, if THAT is representative of Roth's level of ability/quality control these days, I'm not really sure that I'd WANT to see Mike Anthony rejoin the group at this point.

Roth just comes off like he's tweaking out on his meds too much these days. Far more weird than cool, and the hipper he tries to act the more weird it comes across.

Plus, I've always considered Joe Rogan to be more than a bit of a talentless douche, so just the choice of interviewer alone was an inhibitor to me wanting to watch 2 + hours of a Roth interview in 2019.
                      Roth's voice is gone. Listen to In a Simple Rhyme on WAC and then listen to a live version from the last VH tour. The latest live version is horrid because Dave is straining like hell to hit what he used to. I can't even listen to or watch it. It's called losing your voice to age and cigarettes. So I guess Van Halen can hire a new singer and just have Dave dance around the stage. Haha! Get some hot female singing and Dave can dance around and feel her up and hump her ass. Get Gary back and Dave can dry hump him on stage. In today's gay friendly society it might sell. The only problem is it might attract too many Sammy Hagar fans to the show or even Sammy himself.
                      Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-11-2019, 03:26 AM.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Nov 2004

So this is where we're winding up.
                        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                          So this is where we're winding up.
                          I think so. Hey Dave still can dance pretty well and he's in great shape for his age and how he abused himself. Now Sammy and Dave can duke it out and fight over who is king of the queers. Sammy has held that position for a long time but Dave is woking hard to take it from him.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                            Roth's voice is gone. Listen to In a Simple Rhyme on WAC and then listen to a live version from the last VH tour. The latest live version is horrid because Dave is straining like hell to hit what he used to. I can't even listen to or watch it. It's called losing your voice to age and cigarettes. So I guess Van Halen can hire a new singer and just have Dave dance around the stage. Haha! Get some hot female singing and Dave can dance around and feel her up and hump her ass. Get Gary back and Dave can dry hump him on stage. In today's gay friendly society it might sell. The only problem is it might attract too many Sammy Hagar fans to the show or even Sammy himself.
                            I watched three full length shows from different gigs on the 2015 tour via youtube, uploaded from audience members smartphone recordings.

Even taking into account said recordings can obviously never capture what the band/Roth sounds like live in the venue, I listened to Roth's vocals carefully: with each of the shows, he was off-key more often than he was on. Every now and then he'd sing a couple of lines that sounded serviceable to where I could see paying money to hear that live. Then he'd be back to his strained off-key yelping. A shame, because as in 2012 all the Van Halens sounded good. Some good deep cuts on that 2015 tour, too. Drop Dead Legs, Light Up The Sky, Dirty Movies...Van Halens playing them well, Roth struggling to make the lead vocals sound good.

To be sure, Roth is an intelligent guy who - assuming he is heterosexual - has gotten more pussy in a month than I have in a lifetime and has made and spent more money than I ever could have dreamed of. Unfortunately, all of those truths are unable to negate how shitty his vocals sound live these days, nor are his center stage dance moves enough to compensate for how bad his singing has become.

Doesn't give me any particular pleasure in terms of snark that this is where Roth is at vocal-wise: I'd just as soon his singing was passable, because I would have liked to have seen the band in 2015 and going forward (assuming there are more shows to come in the future). As it stands now, if what Roth has been doing in 2012, 2013, 2015 and the one-off 2018 performance is as good as it gets, it's not worth paying to hear.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Maybe they can pull a KI$$ and use backing vocal tracks..

Comment

• Fairwrning
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Of course , they would have to fuck em up so nobody would catch on..

Comment

Working...