Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-29-2023 @ 11:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks

New Dave interview - Jump dance remix - March 2019

David Lee Roth and Armin van Buuren on Why They Remixed ‘Jump’

Van Halen frontman made a surprise appearance during trance DJ’s Ultra Music Fest headlining set

You haven’t truly lived until you’ve been on the business end of a David Lee Roth zinger. “Can you do a drum sound, like in dance music? Everybody has their own version,” he asks mere seconds into our phone call. After a few oomph-oomph-oomphs, he cuts me short. “All right, I can already tell your ethnicity,” he says with a laugh. The singer or, as he puts it, “the patron saint of midnight when everybody’s guilty” explains that he is, in fact, a dance-music aficionado. “It’s the reason Eddie Van Halen and I have had so much friction over these decades,” he says. “It’s the only music I listen to.”

Interview here:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...erview-812813/
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. Thanked degüello for this KICKASS post:

katina (03-31-2019)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    Just what Dave needed... a bigger platform to scream and yelp the night away... Dear god...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

4. 3 users say thank you to ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

bluemustard (03-31-2019),Fairwrning (04-10-2019),Terry (03-31-2019)

Beer Drinker&Hell Raiser
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-29-2023 @ 11:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    Just what Dave needed... a bigger platform to scream and yelp the night away... Dear god...
    Ha, that’s basically what he’s doing in the video clip.

6. Thanked degüello for this KICKASS post:

ZahZoo (03-31-2019)

blueretard
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-04-2021 @ 12:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks

As an American living in Holland the entire House,raves,dance n shit has been pure torture my entire life . Prodigy np..stuff like that is fine.
    But the Dutch wave of shit music and seeing D-ro jumping around with them is pure Horror and torture.
    It's like TV / cinema was cool in the 70's and now it's pure shit..same kinda feeling. Dave Las Vegas stuff..ok..but this shit makes me sad. Sorry for the negative vibe hahah
    Please check out my roadmovie..it's better than this shit. 2018 tour with Uncle Ike. Roth on!! I rip a few good solos too (@24min and @48 min) ..(bald guy behind keyboard player...blueretard..i made the movie too).

Last edited by bluemustard; 03-31-2019 at 01:53 PM.

blueretard
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-04-2021 @ 12:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Bowie did nice mash of rock and dance..little wonder..hearts filthy lesson..entire " outside" album.
    Really nice..
    But this is shit..and no disrespect to Van buren and dro..but for fuck sake
    Whats next..Live on Thomas Gotshalk show with Tiesto?
    Anywho..as a Dro fan..feels cheap..need a shower..hahhaha

PANDA KILLER™
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-13-2023 @ 08:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I don't comment much but I do come in here a few times a year and read. I too am hoping for a full reunion, so I find myself looking for this news all the time.
    After seeing this, I don't care as much anymore. I saw the 2015 show and Roth was OK. I still want to see this happen, but only to be able to bring my son to a real rock show and see a bunch of his favorites get played.
    I've read many opinions here, how Dave is washed up, or how he's confused about how to sing now and if he got a coach and worked on his voice and sang how he should be at a lower pitch, we could have a real show and great performances. ETC, ETC.. This video just proves it's too late. This and the other badly sung DLR appearances a few weeks back. His voice is gone, blown out. or he doesn't care to fix it. I don't know. But it's not changing or going back to the 2007 show levels (which I missed).
    Basically all that's in it for me is seeing the 4 up there, the band with the rightful singer, Eddie and Alex doing their thing (hopefully they choose to bring it), and Michael to make it a complete farewell. I want to see it with my son. And I want it sooner than later because DLR's just going to get worse. We might end up with this DJ guy at the Van Halen concert playing Dave's voice, with DLR doing his thing and yelling at the audience.
    Now, if they have stuff in the can, another album, I think Dave might be able to do some stuff in the studio, but without a doubt, the next Van Halen show I go to is my last. May they never soil the legacy of this band again (live). Oh what could have been...

10. Thanked thepunisher for this KICKASS post:

Terry (04-01-2019)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,503 Times in 1,615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bluemustard View Post
    Bowie did nice mash of rock and dance..little wonder..hearts filthy lesson..entire " outside" album.
    Really nice..
    But this is shit..and no disrespect to Van buren and dro..but for fuck sake
    Whats next..Live on Thomas Gotshalk show with Tiesto?
    Anywho..as a Dro fan..feels cheap..need a shower..hahhaha
    I'm surprised it took this long for someone to make a track like that. The ISO vocal tracks etc have been out there forever.

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-18-2024 @ 08:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Wow. Wish I never watched this. Had to listen to Strumming with the Devil to detox!

13. Thanked Southpaw for this KICKASS post:

ZahZoo (04-03-2019)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Wow. Wish I never watched this. Had to listen to Strumming with the Devil to detox!
    Sounds like the cure was as bad as the illness ; )

Not a huge fan of the Strumming release.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Dave's official Facebook posted it a few hours ago and the comments are largely very negative.

Often ironically social media comments on his recent stuff at YouTube or Facebook has been more positive recently than his hardcore here but not this time.

Personally just like Strumming With The Devil, I just think this music isn't for me so it doesn't bother me at all he's doing something I won't listen to. Him doing this doesn't make a new Van Halen tour or release any less likely and it's not like it's taking up his time or dragging him away from something else.

16. 2 users say thank you to Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

degüello (04-02-2019),Terry (04-03-2019)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

It wasn't great and isn't my cup o' tea. But at the end of the day I understand it and electronica is very popular, so maybe Dave is bringing some Van Halen to a market that might otherwise ignore it or only be minimally aware of it. This is just Dave being Dave, he's always been into trendy dance music and it certainly influenced his 'Frontman'ness' from the 70's-90's. Without it, Dave might not have been the crossover frontman god we all know that pushed Van Halen into a market and success they otherwise might not have achieved with a lessor lead singer, hardrock purist....

18. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

degüello (04-02-2019)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Dave is like a trust fund kid. He's just doing shit to do it. He doesn't have to make a living for himself apparently. He's not the most stable guy in the world. To run a product line and be in business you have to be pretty focused and steady. I doubt his skin care line will go anywhere. Not that it's a bad idea and maybe the products are actually good but Dave isn't constant enough to see a real marketing campaign through and build a brand.

20. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Terry (04-03-2019)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    It's like Michael Anthony and his hot sauce. I tried it. He had a really good product. It's just that Mike didn't want to spend the time and effort to be in the food business full time. He sold the stuff online for awhile. I get it. Growing a brand or even marketing a product is a lot of work and that gets in the way of your beach time. With the right marketing though. Mad Anthony could be a major product. It was good and different. A ton of hot sauces out there but most are just the same. Mike put pimentos and a few other things in his sauce. It was good.

22. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Terry (04-03-2019)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    It's like Michael Anthony and his hot sauce. I tried it. He had a really good product. It's just that Mike didn't want to spend the time and effort to be in the food business full time. He sold the stuff online for awhile. I get it. Growing a brand or even marketing a product is a lot of work and that gets in the way of your beach time. With the right marketing though. Mad Anthony could be a major product. It was good and different. A ton of hot sauces out there but most are just the same. Mike put pimentos and a few other things in his sauce. It was good.
    Yeah, but...like, this 'gourmet' burger joint opened up in town a few years ago...in the end, they were still just hamburgers. A bottle of hot sauce is still just a bottle of hot sauce: eventually people will tire of it and want something other/newer.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    It wasn't great and isn't my cup o' tea. But at the end of the day I understand it and electronica is very popular, so maybe Dave is bringing some Van Halen to a market that might otherwise ignore it or only be minimally aware of it. This is just Dave being Dave, he's always been into trendy dance music and it certainly influenced his 'Frontman'ness' from the 70's-90's. Without it, Dave might not have been the crossover frontman god we all know that pushed Van Halen into a market and success they otherwise might not have achieved with a lessor lead singer, hardrock purist....
    To be sure, that adventurousness is part of what made Dave the quintessential frontman, and part of what made CVH what it was.

What CVH was isn't enough in and of itself to make all of Dave's post-CVH ventures worthwhile. Granted, Dave is always just being Dave...sometimes that adventurousness doesn't result in endeavors nearly as compelling as others...particularly with the last 20 years of his undertakings, which have been 50/50 hit or miss with me in terms of liking the result. I guess it's nice he's still trying.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Yeah, but...like, this 'gourmet' burger joint opened up in town a few years ago...in the end, they were still just hamburgers. A bottle of hot sauce is still just a bottle of hot sauce: eventually people will tire of it and want something other/newer.
    Not if you market it right. There were a ton of BBQ sauces on the market when Sweet Baby Rays came out. Now it's a major brand. You have to have a good product but you also have to market. It's like Tito's vodka. How many vodkas were on the market? A zillion. Tito did things better. It's watered down corn liquor in a cheap bottle but it's marketed as a vodka made with loving hands in Texas. You have to have the goods but you also have to sell an experience and tell a story. But you have to stay on it. Something Dave isn't good at. How long was Sammy banging on the window selling tequila? A long time. No different than any other tequila in it's range and I think the Cabo Wabo logo sucks donkey snot but Sam sold a story and an experience and sold it like a carnival barker. It worked. We won't hear much more about Roth's skin care line. He won't promote it. He's already off doing crazy dance music shit.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The audience has changed more than he has and doesn't like to acknowledge it in the same way you sometimes hear middle aged men complaining about the Star Wars prequels being childish while having a blind spot for the teddy bears in the 3rd one.

I remember a while back going along to my daughters dance and theater class end of year show and suddenly realizing half the show was 11 year old girls basically doing Dave's CVH schtick, doing high kicks, leaping from things and doing the splits, twirling batons and forgetting their lines.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Not if you market it right. There were a ton of BBQ sauces on the market when Sweet Baby Rays came out. Now it's a major brand. You have to have a good product but you also have to market. It's like Tito's vodka. How many vodkas were on the market? A zillion. Tito did things better. It's watered down corn liquor in a cheap bottle but it's marketed as a vodka made with loving hands in Texas. You have to have the goods but you also have to sell an experience and tell a story. But you have to stay on it. Something Dave isn't good at. How long was Sammy banging on the window selling tequila? A long time. No different than any other tequila in it's range and I think the Cabo Wabo logo sucks donkey snot but Sam sold a story and an experience and sold it like a carnival barker. It worked. We won't hear much more about Roth's skin care line. He won't promote it. He's already off doing crazy dance music shit.
    If all of that were merely as simple as you seem to think it is (i.e. "market it right"), there would be far more success stories than there are products - condiments, booze, whatever - which had a lackluster response when released to the marketplace: surely it can't be the case that all products that had a mediocre public reception just weren't marketed right, can it?

Look at lemon and lime flavored Coke, or McDonald's trying to rebrand itself to be a healthier fast food joint. Surely, you'd agree both Coca Cola and McDonald's probably have more than a few astute marketing people employed within their organizations, yet both the lemon/lime Cokes and the sales of McDonald's 'healthier' menu haven't exactly taken off.

Which isn't to say you were wrong, but sometimes the best laid plans of mice and men...I mean, does the general public at large even know who the fuck Michael Anthony is? If not, what chance did he ever have of getting his hot sauce to take off? Just because you are a genius or successful in one field doesn't mean you'll be successful in every other one. We won't hear about Roth's skin care line for the same reason we haven't heard much about Anthony's hot sauce, in that neither product is a significant twist on existing products that are already overcrowded with too many other brand names to even remember, much less mention.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    You Nazi sunnuva bitch!!!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    If all of that were merely as simple as you seem to think it is (i.e. "market it right"), there would be far more success stories than there are products - condiments, booze, whatever - which had a lackluster response when released to the marketplace: surely it can't be the case that all products that had a mediocre public reception just weren't marketed right, can it?

Look at lemon and lime flavored Coke, or McDonald's trying to rebrand itself to be a healthier fast food joint. Surely, you'd agree both Coca Cola and McDonald's probably have more than a few astute marketing people employed within their organizations, yet both the lemon/lime Cokes and the sales of McDonald's 'healthier' menu haven't exactly taken off.

Which isn't to say you were wrong, but sometimes the best laid plans of mice and men...I mean, does the general public at large even know who the fuck Michael Anthony is? If not, what chance did he ever have of getting his hot sauce to take off? Just because you are a genius or successful in one field doesn't mean you'll be successful in every other one. We won't hear about Roth's skin care line for the same reason we haven't heard much about Anthony's hot sauce, in that neither product is a significant twist on existing products that are already overcrowded with too many other brand names to even remember, much less mention.
    90% of new products fail. You are right. Marketing isn't easy and getting a product on the store shelves alone is not easy. I could go into all the details of what is required to get shelving allowances. The thing is with the internet and mail order you don't have to mess with that. Mike could have grown his line of sauces but it takes effort and he didn't want to mess with it. To market a product you have to be in the game and some people just don't want to put the effort into it. Yeah it might fail too. Welcome to the business world.

30. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Terry (04-06-2019)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It's like Tito's vodka. How many vodkas were on the market? A zillion. Tito did things better. It's watered down corn liquor in a cheap bottle but it's marketed as a vodka made with loving hands in Texas.
    I've just got a bottle for my birthday - $35 a bottle here so hopefully it's better than you are making out.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    I've just got a bottle for my birthday - $35 a bottle here so hopefully it's better than you are making out.
    It’s a novelty. Some out of work oil engineer in Texas was told if he could make a really good vodka it would sell well. So he built a little distilling operation and came up with his own recipe. It’s a corn based liquor. Not your traditional vodka. It’s basically watered down moonshine. It’s corn liquor but vodka sells so it’s marketed as vodka. I really don’t think it’s all that great.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-20-2022 @ 12:18 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Here's a textbook example of why Roth is a frustrating interview:

David, what do you remember about when you heard the music to “Jump” the first time?

Roth: My background in music is classic in many regards, and not just orchestral; same for the Van Halen brothers. One of the posters I had on the wall was Lenny Bernstein, and it went way beyond orchestra and into Broadway. In this case West Side Story, which begat like-minded theater like Damn Yankees. In Damn Yankees, the key song is, “You Gotta Have Heart.” I learned that song word-for-word probably when I was five or six years old. “Jump” is the answer to that.

Of course, it's not like he's going to tell the truth and say he didn't care for it!

35. Thanked chuckjitsu for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (04-07-2019)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chuckjitsu View Post
    Of course, it's not like he's going to tell the truth and say he didn't care for it!
    It's funny that Ed claimed Dave didn't like Jump and didn't approve of keys because "you're a guitar hero, man!" But Dave has turned Jump into his signature song.

Of course we all know how full of shit Ed was in most interviews. See "I tune the guitar to itself" and "if you can find a tuner on the property, I'll give you a million bucks."

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Well, we know that Jump could have been written for guitar.... because Eddie pretty much recycled it in 1991 with the Van Hagar song "Standing on top of the World".

Dave had a valid point though. Even people who like keyboards don't want to hear it from a guitar player. I like what Depeche Mode, early Ministry, Thomas Dolby, etc. did in the 80s, but I never expected Van Halen to end up in that camp.

Dave and his dance music fetish though... that's a whole other thing that I never would have seen coming back in the 80s.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Dave is like a trust fund kid. He's just doing shit to do it. He doesn't have to make a living for himself apparently. He's not the most stable guy in the world. To run a product line and be in business you have to be pretty focused and steady. I doubt his skin care line will go anywhere. Not that it's a bad idea and maybe the products are actually good but Dave isn't constant enough to see a real marketing campaign through and build a brand.
    Dave may be a "trust fund kid", but he also went to a racially and mixed class high school and dated a lot of black girls apparently. he grew up in a diverse cultural mishmash that I think shaped his stylings. I don't think it's fair to dismiss Dave as just a doctor's son that loved disco anymore than it is to just dismiss him as a guy that ripped off Jim Dandy. he had a lot of exposure to the side of things that typical white, upper-middle class Jewish and WASP kids from Indiana don't get...

Brown suga', you never tasted so good!
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 04-06-2019 at 08:48 PM.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The audience has changed more than he has and doesn't like to acknowledge it in the same way you sometimes hear middle aged men complaining about the Star Wars prequels being childish while having a blind spot for the teddy bears in the 3rd one.

I remember a while back going along to my daughters dance and theater class end of year show and suddenly realizing half the show was 11 year old girls basically doing Dave's CVH schtick, doing high kicks, leaping from things and doing the splits, twirling batons and forgetting their lines.
    I bet they were drinking real whisky from their Jack Daniels bottles, not ice tea like those Clash pussies!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I haven't had Cabo in at least 10 years, I recall it as okay, but nothing better than other tolerable low-grade tequilas for shots at the bar like Patron. It certainly is no Don Julio...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think it is. It's a very good mixer...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It’s a novelty. Some out of work oil engineer in Texas was told if he could make a really good vodka it would sell well. So he built a little distilling operation and came up with his own recipe. It’s a corn based liquor. Not your traditional vodka. It’s basically watered down moonshine. It’s corn liquor but vodka sells so it’s marketed as vodka. I really don’t think it’s all that great.
    It's not bad at all. If I had to drink just vodka, I'd go French, grape-based vodka. But it's NOT white lighting masquerading as vodka. God help me because I love my family friends, but they make a local vodka in Buffalo that is god fucking awful. It tastes like paint thinner flavored with cardboard, clear spirits are easier to make and get to market while your beloved whiskies age, which is why they started with vodka. But there is a reason that cheap vodkas like Mohawk are typically sweet and have light flavorings like vanilla, because cheap vodka tastes like paint thinner and needs flavoring to mask it. Really bad vodka is pretty obvious and Titos, while not the best, is certainly not bad at all...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Not my firends' vodka, but also a Buffalo distilled product that sucks asshole and tastes like mineral spirits:

It apparently won an award, I have no fucking idea how. I wouldn't irrigate/disinfect a wound with it..

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    It's funny that Ed claimed Dave didn't like Jump and didn't approve of keys because "you're a guitar hero, man!" But Dave has turned Jump into his signature song.

Of course we all know how full of shit Ed was in most interviews. See "I tune the guitar to itself" and "if you can find a tuner on the property, I'll give you a million bucks."
    Or how Eddie used to claim he boiled his guitar strings, or how Eddie used to misstate on how he fiddled with the Variac, or how he dipped his pickups into hot surfboard wax…all springing from when Al used to tell Eddie to turn his back to the audience back in the 1970s club days when Eddie did his tapping stuff: Eddie was just bullshitting in the early interviews to keep people from figuring out how he was doing what he was doing to get the sound he was getting and play the way he was playing. Along the same lines as Ed claiming his primary influence was Clapton: I heard a lot more of Jimmy Page, Ritchie Blackmore, Jeff Beck and Jimi Hendrix in Ed's early playing than I ever did Eric Clapton.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Well, you've got a small number of diehard Roth fans out there. Not enough to buy much more than 100,000 copies of anything Roth has released under his own name since 1993. The majority of people out there who even consider anything Roth is doing these days - if/when they even consider him at all - are only interested if Roth is fronting Van Halen. And I'd be willing to wager a not insignificant chunk of those people aren't exactly bowled over with what Dave brings to the stage these days, in terms of hearing anybody saying that Roth is either as good as he ever was or that he's getting the job done well on the vocal front.

Hard to say what Roth thinks re: public perception toward him now. Is Roth trapped in a time warp mentally, where he believes the general public still thinks he's the shit? Has Roth been cocooned in the guaranteed success his rejoining Van Halen provided to where he has forgotten the by comparison lean years of 1997 through 2007? Is Roth just chugging along the best he knows how to at the age he is?

Never much cared for Return Of The Jedi myself, even back in the day, and that wasn't necessarily all because of the Ewoks, either. Outside of the Jabba intro (most of which had to do with Carrie Fisher in that skimpy concubine outfit), I was fairly bored watching the movie. I was 7 years old when the first Star Wars came out. I grew up, but Star Wars didn't. By the time Return came out, I was 13 and more interested in finger banging my junior high classmates than watching the continuing space adventure sagas of George Lucas and Company.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    It's not bad at all. If I had to drink just vodka, I'd go French, grape-based vodka. But it's NOT white lighting masquerading as vodka. God help me because I love my family friends, but they make a local vodka in Buffalo that is god fucking awful. It tastes like paint thinner flavored with cardboard, clear spirits are easier to make and get to market while your beloved whiskies age, which is why they started with vodka. But there is a reason that cheap vodkas like Mohawk are typically sweet and have light flavorings like vanilla, because cheap vodka tastes like paint thinner and needs flavoring to mask it. Really bad vodka is pretty obvious and Titos, while not the best, is certainly not bad at all...
    Ok. It's high grade watered down corn liquor. Haha! I don't like Tito's. Many other vodkas in the same price range I would rather drink. Yeah cocktails were invented to mask the nasty taste of bathtub gin during prohibition. Before that people just drank whisky, beer and wine. It's when people were forced to drink black market swill they had to candy it all up.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Not my firends' vodka, but also a Buffalo distilled product that sucks asshole and tastes like mineral spirits:

It apparently won an award, I have no fucking idea how. I wouldn't irrigate/disinfect a wound with it..
    They should make Buffalo wing flavored vodka. Haha! Add some hot sauce and some butter and some chicken grease. Maybe a squirt of blue cheese dressing too.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If nothing else I have drank more vodka than most people and Tito tasted pretty good to me, it's definitely smooth enough.

Full review once I drink it entirely soberly...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Full review once I drink it entirely soberly...
    Something tells me that might be a while...

Fretting Machine
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-19-2021 @ 04:00 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    I'm surprised it took this long for someone to make a track like that. The ISO vocal tracks etc have been out there forever.
    Ever heard of Youtube? From last years nostalgia-bait of a movie:

9 years ago:

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The first one isn't in the movie.

I wouldn't be searching YouTube for anything like that. Apparently Dave wasn't either, or we would have heard of the second one nine years ago
    Last edited by twonabomber; 05-05-2019 at 08:03 AM.

Thread Information