Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cathedral
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Hmmmmmm, interesting developement there.

Comment

• BlimpyCHIMP™
      Banned
      • May 2004

WHAT A FUCKED UP WORLD WE LIVE IN

IM GONNA GO THRASHPOO THE EXECUTIVE STALLS THIS EVE IN THE NAME OF EVH

Comment

• BlimpyCHIMP™
        Banned
        • May 2004

FUCKING CUNT THAT ALEX IN FENDER CUSTOM SHOP

FUCKING ASSHOLE.
        FUCKER.
        CUNT.

EMAIL HIM: ANICHOLAS@FENDER.COM AND TELL HIM "HEY YOU DICK - WHATS WITH THE VAN HALEN GUY STRIPING OFF A FENDER TOM DELONGE MODEL WITH MASKING TAPE AND PAINT FOR LIKE 8 THOUSAND FUCKING DOLLARS, JUST FOR A CHARVEL STICKER? ITS A FENDER YOU BITCH"

KICK HIM IN THE NUTS. KICK EVERYBODY NUTS IN CUSTOM SHOP

Comment

• zero77
          Roth Army Recruit
          • Feb 2004

Well, its official EVH is back with Charvel, err Fender and besides his ebay store he will be selling these POS in November for $3000. Take a look.

Charvel Guitars are the very embodiment of high-performance since 1974.

If I wanted a real Charvel I'd go buy a Wayne guitar. At least they're built buy the original man and not some Mexican/Korean laborer

Comment

• Rocky
            Roth Army Recruit
            • Jul 2004

Interview from 1979

EVH: So then I found out about Charvel, but I'm suing them right now because it's actually my guitar design that's keeping them in business. See, Wayne Charvel sold it to another guy, and Wayne was a real cool dude. When he owned it, I was considering endorsing it. And then this other dude took over, and he's just sold so many of them for like a grand apiece.

GP: Are these Eddie Van Halen model guitars?

EVH: Yeah!

GP: No kidding.

EVH: No kidding! It looks like a Strat, but it only has one pickup in it, one volume knob, no tone, no fancy garbage. It's painted the way I like 'em, and it's rear-loaded - you know, it doesn't have a pickguard. I'm not saying my guitar is "Wow, the new guitar," but it is a guitar that you could not at the time buy on the market. This guy kind of exploited my idea, so I'm suing him. See, I feel kind of fucked doing that, but all I want him to do is stop. I don't give a damn about the money. But the main reason I did that was to have something that no one else had. You know, I wanted it to be my guitar, an extension of myself. Just the other night - Christmans Eve - I went to the Whiskey. A band called Weasels was playing, and the lead guitarist had a guitar exactly like mine. I just don't understand how someone could walk onstage with my guitar, because it's my trademark. You know, when people see a freaked-out striped guitar like that, with one pickup, one volume knob, they obviously know it's mine.

GP: There goes your identity.

EVH: Yeah. And also, him selling it and advertising, makes it seem to the fans like I'm selling myself. They don't know that I'm against it. They think that I'm out for the bucks. That's not it at all. So it's kind of a drag.

GP: Describe your ideal guitar.

EVH: Pretty much what I have. That's the main thing that pisses me off about Charvel, because I spent $150 building my own guitar.

GP: The first one?

EVH: No, all of 'em! Well, maybe a little more because of the bicycle paint. But it's $150 to buy the parts, except for the pickups.

Comment

• Coyote
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

I'd rather build my own...
              Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• GAR
                Banned
                • Jan 2004

HA I worked on the originals in San Dimas.. these are Fenders thru and thru

Comment

• Big Troubles
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Brownsound1
                  I think this is actually the coolest thing Edward has done since.....doing the two tunes with Dave on BOV1. Wonder how much these bastards will go for.

On a similar note, Gibson is making exact replicas of Jimmy Page's "Number One" Les Paul. One of those sold for 55,000 bucks..which is the highest price ever paid for a new Gibson, and possibly for a new guitar of any brand. I wonder if Ed's art guitars will get into that price range.
                  I doubt it. I just picked up a mag with the new EVH Wolfgang customs and the highest price for this model is $3200. Cheapest Wolfgang I think was $800.
                  "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• GAR
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2004

Comment

• Cathedral
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

Hey, I do shit there ya know? lmmfao...........

Comment

• sambo
                        Sniper
                        • Jun 2004

No way I am going to pay over $5000USD for a guitar that has no real historic value...
                        I did mine the old fashioned way... bought an old Kramer in a pawn shop for $200AUD, sanded and striped it, replaced the maple/rosewood neck with a maple one from the US. Replaced the Floyd Rose 2 (now that is a POS!) with an original Floyd, got a Seymour Duncan EVH pickup from Ebay in the US, and even got the Space Tape direct from their site.
                        It cost me just over $1,000AUD, plus my time... do the math...
                        Go home the Earth is full....

Comment

• ZahZoo
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Of course you won't pay $5000 for one of those guitars... Last round the white w/ Black stripes went for $14,100.02 and the Black w/ Yellow went for $14,000.02.
                          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• ZahZoo
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

They have 2 white w/ Black stripes up there now One is at $9400 and the other is at $6800 both w/ 7 days left on the auctions.

I predict the 1st Red/White/Black striped one will top $20,000...
                            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• sambo
                              Sniper
                              • Jun 2004

Unbelievable $$$$ isn't it, I was more stating I wouldn't pay even $5000, let alone any more over that... A Mojave Peacemaker would probably be a better purchase.
                              Go home the Earth is full....

Comment

Working...