X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I have ALWAYS enjoyed a good nap. Doesn't matter if it was when I was heavier or now that I've lost weight. Doesn't matter if I'm at work, either
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Terry
      I've been 39 and holding for ten years...

No getting around it: I'm not quite old, but I'm VERY middle aged.
      As long as you live to be 98...

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I'll be 50 in just over 6 months from now.

I've definitely noticed in the last couple of years that I can't eat and drink like I used to, in terms of eating a lot of rich foods day after day or drinking booze day after day, without consequences in terms of how I feel physically. I enjoy a good nap these days, and I haven't had to struggle with any of the physical ailments Eddie Van Halen has over the last 20 years, so I can only guess that he might enjoy taking it easy just as much as I do (if not more).

I can only imagine what it will be like 15 years from now, when I get up to where the Van Halens and Roth are today in terms of age. One does tend to think, as you say, that staying active as you age helps one age better. There really doesn't seem to be much of a sense of urgency from Van Halen anymore in terms of accomplishing anything, and certainly seeing them getting out and working like they have a purpose again would be nice.
        Think of your age in terms of Roth, last year you did the tour with Sammy Hagar and did your final jumps off the drum riser of your career.

in 4 years time you are going to rejoin Van Halen.

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          Think of your age in terms of Roth, last year you did the tour with Sammy Hagar and did your final jumps off the drum riser of your career.

in 4 years time you are going to rejoin Van Halen.
          Long as I, too, get to avail myself of the services of a hairless Asian manservant 'houseboy' and become a loner with a sheepdog for a companion and a semi-mild condition of dementia.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Don’t forget the Japanese girlfriend less than half your age and the hundreds of hours of being tattooed.

I guess it’s ok but I’m not particularly envious at this point. 😀

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Don’t forget the Japanese girlfriend less than half your age... ��

Comment

• degüello
                Sniper
                • Mar 2004

I really enjoyed this interview and I’ve found a lot of recent DLR appearances annoying/frustrating. Maron is a really gifted interviewer.
                "What we've been doing, which is great and certainly cost saving, is I train in the sand pit in McDonald's. I do a few laps. I go through the tunnel a few times. The kids don't mind if I smoke. Plus, when I'm done, lunch is right there."- DLR 2003

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Long as I, too, get to avail myself of the services of a hairless Asian manservant 'houseboy' and become a loner with a sheepdog for a companion and a semi-mild condition of dementia.
                  Too bad Epstein is dead. He could have made all your fantasies come true on his fantasy island. The plane! The plane! Hope Jeff is bringing in some young Asian boys this time!
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Look, just leave Boy George out of it, okay?
                    LMFAO missed that!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Now on YouTube

Comment

• degüello
                        Sniper
                        • Mar 2004

Maybe but it's only with the Van Halens that he has to work as an equal.
                        My exact thought, too.
                        "What we've been doing, which is great and certainly cost saving, is I train in the sand pit in McDonald's. I do a few laps. I go through the tunnel a few times. The kids don't mind if I smoke. Plus, when I'm done, lunch is right there."- DLR 2003

Comment

• wolfsbane
                          Roadie
                          • Jan 2005

Great interview. He connected alot of dots. From 4 years ago. 1.5 years of it don't count because of lockdown. So it is about 2.5 years old. He still is staying busy. Did some live shows. Put out 2 tracks and the Roth project website thing.

Go, Dave! Keep On Truckin'!

Comment

Working...