Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I'm not open to it. If you read the evidence with an open mind it's a non story. As I said it was only created over 30 years after the event. As conspiracy theories go it's fairly harmless I suppose and made some people some cash so whatever.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      Roswell may be the dumbest of all the common conspiracy theories.

Weather balloon crashes in 1947 and then 30 years later it becomes a flying saucer. Surely given that can happen a rational Christian must wonder about the Jesus stories which were written with a bigger gap in time...
      It wasn't a weather balloon, it was a secret pre-satellite nuclear monitoring balloon project IIRC...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        I'm not open to it. If you read the evidence with an open mind it's a non story. As I said it was only created over 30 years after the event. As conspiracy theories go it's fairly harmless I suppose and made some people some cash so whatever.
        The reason I don't believe that we have any sort of alien technology in our possession is that there hasn't been any sort of 2001-monolith-moment of tangible, substantive jumps in technology. It seems linear and while I know its an over-generalization-I think for most of the computer tech today can thank the US Space Program by and large. I would leave open the possibility that we are being visited...
        Last edited by Nickdfresh; 08-05-2019, 02:00 AM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
          I'm curious as to why people would even think there would be any aliens at Area 51 now to find, even if that was true at one point years ago. Seeing as it was such a badly kept secret: wouldn't the military have just moved any alien artifacts from Area 51 to some other location ages ago?

My understanding of the geography of the area is that the base itself is literally miles from any of the gates one can use to access the property...so these people are going to Naruto Run for miles and miles?

Even if a fraction of the proposed 1.5 million showed up...let's say that 10 thousand people actually turned up, and all 10 thousand stormed the property en masse, once the first arrests were made and/or the first shots rang out the rest would just turn around and run away.

I mean, good luck to 'em. I tend to doubt they're gonna find an Independence Day scenario should they even get to the site. Just a bunch of Stealth bomber spare parts in a few hangers.
          Just stroll around San Fransisco these days. If you want to see the closest things we have to real aliens its wondering around inside of that city. You will feel like Captain Kirk and you may have a beam me the hell out of here! moment.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
            I used to read on this stuff quite a bit and had an Art Bell-phase in my 20's. But largely, if admittedly not totally, from a skeptical point of view. Even if you believe the Roswell stuff and all that, the lore as written in the canon of those old cheesy books is that whatever has crashed (not just Roswell according to UFOlogy lore) goes to near Tuna at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio. That's really where these dopey naive jackwagons should be storming. Plus there's a much better logistical support network there like Applebee's and TGIF Fridays. It would also be much harder for the USAF and Army to deploy helicopter gunships than in the desert, which is often a gunners'-dream....
            If they get greased in the desert its just adding some chlorine to the gene pool. Nature has it's ways of cleansing itself.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

If you want to get inside a US Government Top Secret facility. Just be a government official from China. Our government has been letting them in and giving them our secrets for years.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Ahh. Nobody is going to get shot. The military will probably just scare the hell out of whoever shows up. Plenty of non-lethal ways to discourage a bunch of idiots. They could play the worst Sammy Hagar songs at skull cracking volumes but then maybe crazy people like that stuff.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Damn that's some nasty looking pussy. Where's the clit? That thing would probably bite you if you tried to tickle it. Oh. It's Islamic pussy in the desert. It had it's clit cut out.

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                      Just stroll around San Fransisco these days. If you want to see the closest things we have to real aliens its wondering around inside of that city. You will feel like Captain Kirk and you may have a beam me the hell out of here! moment.
                      Longtime friend of mine - like, talking back to 4th grade - moved in the Berkeley area and pursued/eventually completed a degree in Anthropology at UC Berkeley. Have seen her about once a year for the last ten years when she comes out this way to visit her parents, who also live in Florida (we all grew up in New England).

She's definitely changed a bit. Not like full-on millennial pc safe space, neutral/non-offensive terminology mindset - in part because she didn't move there until she was in her late 30s - but her outlook is definitely...progressively modern urban.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                        The reason I don't believe that we have any sort of alien technology in our possession is that there hasn't been any sort of 2001-monolith-moment of tangible, substantive jumps in technology. It seems linear and while I know its an over-generalization-I think for most of the computer tech today can thank the US Space Program by and large. I would leave open the possibility that we are being visited...
                        All of that sounds about right. I mean, if an alien spacecraft capable of intergalactic travel crashed in the late 1940s, one would think the advances in the aeronautical field alone would have happened at a much faster rate than they have.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...