Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

Storming Area 51?

Rural Nevada not equipped for big 'storm Area 51' turnout
    Associated Press Associated Press 4 hours ago

In this July 22, 2019 photo, signs warn about trespassing at an entrance to the Nevada Test and Training Range near Area 51 outside of Rachel, Nev. The U.S. Air Force has warned people against participating in an internet joke suggesting a large crowd of people "storm Area 51," the top-secret Cold War test site in the Nevada desert. (AP Photo/John Locher)
    LAS VEGAS (AP) — At first, the co-owner of the quirky alien-themed motel down a Nevada highway from the mysterious Area 51 site didn't take a posting for a prank Facebook event too seriously.

Then, her phone started ringing.

"It doesn't stop, our phone won't stop ringing," Connie West, of the Little A'le'Inn, told the Las Vegas Sun.

The 10-room motel is one of few businesses in Rachel, a town of 54 residents now gaining celebrity status among aviation and UFO enthusiasts attracted by the posting about a Sept. 20 event dubbed "storm Area 51."

More than 1 million people have responded to the internet post calling for people to "Naruto run" at 3 a.m. into the remote U.S. Air Force test area in the Nevada desert that has long been the focus of UFO conspiracy theories.

The face-forward, arms-back running style is favored by characters in the anime series "Naruto."

"They can't stop all of us," the post jokes. "Lets see them aliens."

The military is warning people not to try to enter the once top-secret Cold War site, which is posted and patrolled as part of the vast Nevada Test and Training Range.

After refusing for decades to acknowledge Area 51 even existed, the CIA declassified documents in 2013 referring to the 8,000-square mile (20,700-sq. kilometer) installation by name and locating it on a map near the dry Groom Lake bed.

The base has been a testing ground for top-secret aircraft including the U-2 spy plane in the 1950s and later the B-2 stealth bomber.

"Any attempt to illegally access the area is highly discouraged," the Air Force said in a statement released by Nellis Air Force Base near Las Vegas.

West is apprehensive about what might happen if big crowds arrive.

"It's a little scary to think that many people could descend on a town of 54," she said. "How can you prepare?"

Down the state Highway 375, dubbed the Extraterrestrial Highway, Linda Looney, at the Alien Research Center gift shop and campsite, told the Sun she also was concerned about the effect of the Facebook post.

"I don't think it's just a passing fancy," she said.

Lincoln County Sheriff Kerry Lee said he doesn't expect many people to actually show up, and county spokesman Ben Rowley tallied 184 hotel rooms in the county.

But Lee said 500 or 1,000 sudden visitors could create traffic, parking and congestion issues in a jurisdiction with 26 sworn sheriff's deputies and about 5,200 permanent residents mostly in rural towns including Caliente, Pioche, Panaca and Alamo.

"I think this started out as a joke but there may be enough people taking it seriously and it could be a problem," the sheriff said. "Someone is going to get hurt and people may go to jail. It's not anything to joke about."

YAHOO LINK
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 07-28-2019 at 03:58 PM.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

They are also talking about Storming Loch Ness to find the monster which would involve them all jumping into a very cold 700 feet deep lake which may not be entirely effective...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Getting drunk and storming Area 51 is the next Burning Man.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    They are also talking about Storming Loch Ness to find the monster which would involve them all jumping into a very cold 700 feet deep lake which may not be entirely effective...
    Sounds like a great way to drown a bunch of lemmings.

5. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

ZahZoo (08-03-2019)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

...which would involve them all jumping into a very cold 700 feet deep lake which may not be entirely effective...
    It might depend how you look at it...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It used to be that people would come out with this shit for a laugh or it was just the town's crazy guy.

The internet allows crazy people to cluster.

The latest one I've heard about is the conspiracy that there are no birds in the US.

https://birdsarentreal.com/

HISTORY SPEAKS FOR ITSELF
    "We needed a way to keep an eye on the American citizens without them knowing. It was imperative, for their own safety of course. We hired only the best. It took years. We designed, built, tested, failed. We persisted. Eventually, over decades, we had it. A fleet of covert technological surveillance devices unlike anything the world had ever seen. We called them, 'Birds'"

- Richard Nixon (1978)

TAKE ACTION
    Recent surveys have revealed that 99.5% of the general public still believe in "Birds." I know, I was shocked too. That said, it is our DUTY as Bird Truthers to remove the blinders from their eyes and welcome them into the light of the truth. Together, we can shift society's perception of what flies above us.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

Like you have to remind us...

9. 3 users say thank you to twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (07-29-2019),vandeleur (07-30-2019),ZahZoo (08-03-2019)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Storming a US military bombing and gunnery range. Gee. What could happen? Sounds like a “hold my beer” moment to me.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    It used to be that people would come out with this shit for a laugh or it was just the town's crazy guy.

The latest one I've heard about is the conspiracy that there are no birds in the US.

https://birdsarentreal.com/
    Sounds like a great way to start a cult to me. You used to have to go around on foot and proselytize suckers. Now you can do it online. Who will be the Jim Jones of the internet?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

At the very least it is a reminder there is at least a minority of the population who are fucking idiots who should be ignored.

If you see something that says there have been for example 50 complaints to a TV station about anything you should just ignore it completely.

13. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Terry (08-03-2019)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    This site is living proof of that...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    I'm curious as to why people would even think there would be any aliens at Area 51 now to find, even if that was true at one point years ago. Seeing as it was such a badly kept secret: wouldn't the military have just moved any alien artifacts from Area 51 to some other location ages ago?

My understanding of the geography of the area is that the base itself is literally miles from any of the gates one can use to access the property...so these people are going to Naruto Run for miles and miles?

Even if a fraction of the proposed 1.5 million showed up...let's say that 10 thousand people actually turned up, and all 10 thousand stormed the property en masse, once the first arrests were made and/or the first shots rang out the rest would just turn around and run away.

I mean, good luck to 'em. I tend to doubt they're gonna find an Independence Day scenario should they even get to the site. Just a bunch of Stealth bomber spare parts in a few hangers.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I'm curious as to why people would even think there would be any aliens at Area 51 now to find, even if that was true at one point years ago. Seeing as it was such a badly kept secret: wouldn't the military have just moved any alien artifacts from Area 51 to some other location ages ago?

My understanding of the geography of the area is that the base itself is literally miles from any of the gates one can use to access the property...so these people are going to Naruto Run for miles and miles?

Even if a fraction of the proposed 1.5 million showed up...let's say that 10 thousand people actually turned up, and all 10 thousand stormed the property en masse, once the first arrests were made and/or the first shots rang out the rest would just turn around and run away.

I mean, good luck to 'em. I tend to doubt they're gonna find an Independence Day scenario should they even get to the site. Just a bunch of Stealth bomber spare parts in a few hangers.
    I used to read on this stuff quite a bit and had an Art Bell-phase in my 20's. But largely, if admittedly not totally, from a skeptical point of view. Even if you believe the Roswell stuff and all that, the lore as written in the canon of those old cheesy books is that whatever has crashed (not just Roswell according to UFOlogy lore) goes to near Tuna at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio. That's really where these dopey naive jackwagons should be storming. Plus there's a much better logistical support network there like Applebee's and TGIF Fridays. It would also be much harder for the USAF and Army to deploy helicopter gunships than in the desert, which is often a gunners'-dream....
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 08-03-2019 at 08:59 PM.

17. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

Terry (08-04-2019)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Roswell may be the dumbest of all the common conspiracy theories.

Weather balloon crashes in 1947 and then 30 years later it becomes a flying saucer. Surely given that can happen a rational Christian must wonder about the Jesus stories which were written with a bigger gap in time...

19. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Terry (08-04-2019)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Which...I mean, I'm certainly open to the possibility that other life forms exist in outer space. I'm equally open to the possibility that aliens crashed their spaceship on Earth in the United States, and subsequently government officials hid the physical remains collected at the crash site and didn't disclose any of this to the general public.

I just tend to doubt that even if Area 51 HAD at one time been used to hide this extraterrestrial material, that any such material exists there today.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'm not open to it. If you read the evidence with an open mind it's a non story. As I said it was only created over 30 years after the event. As conspiracy theories go it's fairly harmless I suppose and made some people some cash so whatever.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Roswell may be the dumbest of all the common conspiracy theories.

Weather balloon crashes in 1947 and then 30 years later it becomes a flying saucer. Surely given that can happen a rational Christian must wonder about the Jesus stories which were written with a bigger gap in time...
    It wasn't a weather balloon, it was a secret pre-satellite nuclear monitoring balloon project IIRC...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'm not open to it. If you read the evidence with an open mind it's a non story. As I said it was only created over 30 years after the event. As conspiracy theories go it's fairly harmless I suppose and made some people some cash so whatever.
    The reason I don't believe that we have any sort of alien technology in our possession is that there hasn't been any sort of 2001-monolith-moment of tangible, substantive jumps in technology. It seems linear and while I know its an over-generalization-I think for most of the computer tech today can thank the US Space Program by and large. I would leave open the possibility that we are being visited...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 08-05-2019 at 02:00 AM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post

Just stroll around San Fransisco these days. If you want to see the closest things we have to real aliens its wondering around inside of that city. You will feel like Captain Kirk and you may have a beam me the hell out of here! moment.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    I used to read on this stuff quite a bit and had an Art Bell-phase in my 20's. But largely, if admittedly not totally, from a skeptical point of view. Even if you believe the Roswell stuff and all that, the lore as written in the canon of those old cheesy books is that whatever has crashed (not just Roswell according to UFOlogy lore) goes to near Tuna at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio. That's really where these dopey naive jackwagons should be storming. Plus there's a much better logistical support network there like Applebee's and TGIF Fridays. It would also be much harder for the USAF and Army to deploy helicopter gunships than in the desert, which is often a gunners'-dream....
    If they get greased in the desert its just adding some chlorine to the gene pool. Nature has it's ways of cleansing itself.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    If you want to get inside a US Government Top Secret facility. Just be a government official from China. Our government has been letting them in and giving them our secrets for years.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Ahh. Nobody is going to get shot. The military will probably just scare the hell out of whoever shows up. Plenty of non-lethal ways to discourage a bunch of idiots. They could play the worst Sammy Hagar songs at skull cracking volumes but then maybe crazy people like that stuff.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Damn that's some nasty looking pussy. Where's the clit? That thing would probably bite you if you tried to tickle it. Oh. It's Islamic pussy in the desert. It had it's clit cut out.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Just stroll around San Fransisco these days. If you want to see the closest things we have to real aliens its wondering around inside of that city. You will feel like Captain Kirk and you may have a beam me the hell out of here! moment.
    Longtime friend of mine - like, talking back to 4th grade - moved in the Berkeley area and pursued/eventually completed a degree in Anthropology at UC Berkeley. Have seen her about once a year for the last ten years when she comes out this way to visit her parents, who also live in Florida (we all grew up in New England).

She's definitely changed a bit. Not like full-on millennial pc safe space, neutral/non-offensive terminology mindset - in part because she didn't move there until she was in her late 30s - but her outlook is definitely...progressively modern urban.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    The reason I don't believe that we have any sort of alien technology in our possession is that there hasn't been any sort of 2001-monolith-moment of tangible, substantive jumps in technology. It seems linear and while I know its an over-generalization-I think for most of the computer tech today can thank the US Space Program by and large. I would leave open the possibility that we are being visited...
    All of that sounds about right. I mean, if an alien spacecraft capable of intergalactic travel crashed in the late 1940s, one would think the advances in the aeronautical field alone would have happened at a much faster rate than they have.

Thread Information