Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    I think that's why you are so upset, you seem to still as a middle aged man worship him in a weird fanboy way. That makes you resent him inevitably not being as good as he once was now he is in his mid 60s.
    I dunno if resentment is the word...more along the lines of disappointment combined with puzzlement.

The disappointment (for me, anyway) is pretty much concentrated on his vocals, which sound fucking terrible and the puzzlement is as to why Roth continues to sing the way he does: does nobody have his respect and his ear enough to tell him how bad it sounds? Does he know and just not give a shit as long as he gets paid?

It comes across, certainly in comparison to his heyday, as a slightly pathetic way to wind down a career...fronting a bunch of nobodies, voice shot to shit. Maybe Dave doesn't see it that way. Get no particular pleasure in terms of snark seeing Dave perform like this: guy was one of THE greatest rock frontmen of ALL time in my book.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. Thanked Terry for this KICKASS post:

So this is love (01-11-2020)

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,749 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lesfunk View Post
    Maybe his voice gave Eddie cancer.

Yeah, but that was funny

You know Eddie will be the next to go.

Here's my 5 predicts for dead rock stars in 2020

1. Eddie Van Halen
    2. Robert Fripp
    3. Tommy James
    4. Donovan
    5. Daryl Hall
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-11-2020 @ 03:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Tommy James? I thought he was already dead. He look it in the last pic I saw

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    He looks like a former roadie for Spinal Tap

...and he can still sing way better than Roth.

My GAWD! Roth sounds like he's trying to puke back up the little bit of Listerine in his throat. Sounds like he rehearsed his squealing from days a little Geisha girl was pegging him in Japan. Dave Ghan is what, 58? and that junkie can sing. Roth needs to look over his retirement plan and stick with it.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Sounds like he rehearsed his squealing from days a little Geisha girl was pegging him in Japan.
    Now THERE'S an image...yikes.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I mean, it's one thing to wind down his performing career fronting Van Halen Mach 4, playing to 15k audiences: even though it wasn't CVH, at least Roth would have been able to say sayonara with a modicum of dignity befitting the legend of what he and Van Halen did all those years ago.

To open for KISS circa 2020 with his Classic Van Halen Experience Featuring Wacky Uncle Dave motif? Seems (at least a) step backward from what Dave had been doing from 2006 through 2015. Though I guess, truth be told, Roth's career path forward was probably only going to really matter unless he was fronting Van Halen, anyway: that "hey, man, all Dave has to do is put together a slammin' new group with John 5...or reunite the EEAS lineup, and THEN Dave will be back on top again" fantasy was just that...a fantasy.

Roth had his time, in terms of real excellence. If the guy can still manage to get somebody to pay him for what he is doing now, good for him. I'm not gonna confuse Roth's continuing ability to get paid with a musical output that is worth hearing, though. To each their own, I suppose, but even if people out there enjoy what Dave is doing live these days and their enjoyment isn't my business one way or the other...I honestly can't understand what attendees of Roth's gigs now are seeing in what he's bringing re: the enjoyment factor. I understand it even less if said attendees were lucky enough to have seen Roth performing during his peak and still find anything to applaud with what he's doing these days.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:29 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Sounds much better already.

9. 2 users say thank you to Silexxx for this KICKASS post:

78/84 guy (01-11-2020),Seshmeister (01-11-2020)

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I agree. He seemed to try and reel in that high register shit. Stop that bullshit. And stop singing shit you can't anymore and he might be on to something. I won't hold my breath....

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Set changes.

Atomic Punk gone, he calmed the excesses on DTNA still wobbly, added RWTD.

Added Ice Cream Man, Pretty Woman, Everybody Wants Some.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I'd say the 2nd show sounded much more along the lines of what Dave SHOULD be doing live, vocally, than the first: just gotta sing the tunes, not yell them.

'Bout the only real wobbly moment was Just Like Paradise, where (much like the first night) Dave was yellin' and yelpin' the tune: agree with 78/84 guy in that the tunes Dave has trouble singing should be dropped. Just ditch them for other tunes that work better vocally. Because it's Dave that the people are coming to see and hear now: he isn't surrounded by a superstar lineup a la EEAS. Nobody really particularly cares about the backing band beyond them performing the tunes competently (it's not like anybody at this point is gonna be floored with some guitar player nailing Eddie's licks note-for-note perfect these days, 'specially when seemingly any 8 year old on youtube has a video of them playing Eruption). And if one tune doesn't work for Dave vocally these days, it's not like he has a shortage of CVH/Roth solo tunes to alternate with.

I will say I thought Big Train sounded quite good. Sort of mildly amusing that the Jump encore contained nary a physical jump to accompany it, but...there will come a day when youth will pass away...

Humulayzeeboolaybop!

13. Thanked Terry for this KICKASS post:

78/84 guy (01-11-2020)

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I thought he really put in a effort. Paradise is a great song. DROP IT ! And Dance The Night Away.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-30-2022 @ 04:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

He should have memos everywhere saying stay in your own register... sounded much better his second night

16. Thanked Jetstream for this KICKASS post:

So this is love (01-12-2020)

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks

You don't choose a support band based on how they sound, it's a business decision.
    Agree. Obviously.

Ki$$ will be happy for Dave's vocals to be off as it will just make them look better since 95% of their audience won't even realise they are miming.
    Yeah but what happens when/if DLR fans who are unhappy with his set start posting
    reviews on-line about the (sub) quality of the opening act? Future shows that aren't
    sold out with possible tickets sales to DLR fans who say "Ehh, maybe I'll pass." would
    eat into KISS money, right? Yeah, you don't want an opener to upstage you but you
    don't want one driving away ticket buyers.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

I have a couple issues - duh, what’s new? The first one is do iPhone videos change the sound of a singer’s voice? No, they don’t. Not at all. I don’t care how many people say they do - they don’t! What you’re hearing is how it sounded. It’s funny, when Dave sounds great - and he did in the couple videos I’ve seen from the second show - nobody, not one single person said it was because it was a video shot on a phone. Nobody. I could shoot an entire concert from this residency, and tour, with an ultra wang dangle 67k plus camera and people would say “oh, it sounds different live”. No it doesn’t! The dynamic is different, sure. But the sound is exactly what you’re hearing. Remember the live album??? Was that recorded on a freaking iPhone? Ok, I’ll digress and give in. Why doesn’t Dave sound horrible on the old boots?? Those were recorded on somebody’s tape recorder. Hell, I sent most of you guys copies!! You can’t have it both ways. Either Dave sounds horrible on some songs and great on some or he sucks all the time or kills it all the time. End of story, full stop, no more talk about YouTube videos.

IMO the reason Dave sucked at the first show and got better in the second is because this guy does not rehearse! He never did sound checks. And the 69 Love Train video is a buncha bullshit. 69, 29, whatever. I sat thru that once and I won’t going back. The dude gives interviews saying he’s got a perishable skill and he obviously did nothing to hone it. Otherwise the second show would have blown too.

Anyways, I may go see him fronting KISS. I hope he continues to improve ����

19. 2 users say thank you to DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

Jetstream (01-11-2020),So this is love (01-12-2020)

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    I have a couple issues - duh, what’s new? The first one is do iPhone videos change the sound of a singer’s voice? No, they don’t. Not at all. I don’t care how many people say they do - they don’t! What you’re hearing is how it sounded. It’s funny, when Dave sounds great - and he did in the couple videos I’ve seen from the second show - nobody, not one single person said it was because it was a video shot on a phone. Nobody. I could shoot an entire concert from this residency, and tour, with an ultra wang dangle 67k plus camera and people would say “oh, it sounds different live”. No it doesn’t! The dynamic is different, sure. But the sound is exactly what you’re hearing. Remember the live album??? Was that recorded on a freaking iPhone? Ok, I’ll digress and give in. Why doesn’t Dave sound horrible on the old boots?? Those were recorded on somebody’s tape recorder. Hell, I sent most of you guys copies!! You can’t have it both ways. Either Dave sounds horrible on some songs and great on some or he sucks all the time or kills it all the time. End of story, full stop, no more talk about YouTube videos.

IMO the reason Dave sucked at the first show and got better in the second is because this guy does not rehearse! He never did sound checks. And the 69 Love Train video is a buncha bullshit. 69, 29, whatever. I sat thru that once and I won’t going back. The dude gives interviews saying he’s got a perishable skill and he obviously did nothing to hone it. Otherwise the second show would have blown too.

Anyways, I may go see him fronting KISS. I hope he continues to improve ����
    I was thinking the same... I bet his live shows are his vocal rehearsals

21. 2 users say thank you to Jetstream for this KICKASS post:

So this is love (01-12-2020),Terry (01-12-2020)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-07-2021 @ 07:51 PM
    Burlington, Ontario (Canada motherfucker!!)
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I dunno if resentment is the word...more along the lines of disappointment combined with puzzlement.

The disappointment (for me, anyway) is pretty much concentrated on his vocals, which sound fucking terrible and the puzzlement is as to why Roth continues to sing the way he does: does nobody have his respect and his ear enough to tell him how bad it sounds? Does he know and just not give a shit as long as he gets paid?

It comes across, certainly in comparison to his heyday, as a slightly pathetic way to wind down a career...fronting a bunch of nobodies, voice shot to shit. Maybe Dave doesn't see it that way. Get no particular pleasure in terms of snark seeing Dave perform like this: guy was one of THE greatest rock frontmen of ALL time in my book.
    Exactly.

I'll say t again: what is wrong with this guy? Hoe can he not know he is making a fool of himself?

23. Thanked Baby's On Fire for this KICKASS post:

Terry (01-12-2020)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    All the videos from the second show are a significant performance improvement over the opening night... it ain't the quality of the recording technology.

Seems like Dave's personality circus was overloaded and went haywire on opening night... one minute he's prancing around like fucking Tinkerbell™ followed by 10 whiskey's drunk karaoke singer™... Bless his cuntfused heart... the boy couldn't decide if he was the ring master or would rather drive the damn clown car!!

Second night blue collar Dave decided to sing for his dinner and earned himself a rib-eye steak and a cookie...

25. Thanked ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (01-12-2020)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 78/84 guy View Post
    I thought he really put in a effort. Paradise is a great song. DROP IT ! And Dance The Night Away.
    He's had problems with Dance The Night Away going far back as the Sam and Dave tour: for whatever reason, he LOVES to yelp the fuckin' shit out of that tune.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    All the videos from the second show are a significant performance improvement over the opening night... it ain't the quality of the recording technology.

Seems like Dave's personality circus was overloaded and went haywire on opening night... one minute he's prancing around like fucking Tinkerbell™ followed by 10 whiskey's drunk karaoke singer™... Bless his cuntfused heart... the boy couldn't decide if he was the ring master or would rather drive the damn clown car!!

Second night blue collar Dave decided to sing for his dinner and earned himself a rib-eye steak and a cookie...
    Mmm...maybe a Philly Cheesesteak sammich & a bag of chips...although that CAN be as good as a rib-eye...at BEST a very fatty Delmonico cut...but the 2nd night WAS a noticeable improvement.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby's On Fire View Post
    Exactly.

I'll say t again: what is wrong with this guy? Hoe can he not know he is making a fool of himself?
    Strikes me that Dave has become less and less cool over the last 25 years and more of somebody to goof on, and he seems at times to realize that and play up to it: once in awhile post-1995 Vegas stint Dave has managed to conjure up the coolness he was known for - the 2007/2008 Van Halen tour springs to mind - but more often than not he comes across as this odd, old dude still mentally stuck in the 1980s in terms of you can still see [Roth] thinks he's as much the shit as he always was, though that attitude is laced with a sense of self-awareness/self-depreciation.

I mean, clearly it takes an abundance of ego for Dave to keep chugging along like it's still 1985: ego-deficient isn't a term that has ever sprung to mind where Roth has been concerned. But the main bread-and-butter of what Dave has been doing the last 21 years - fronting various groups churning out sets heavy on the CVH - is basically all Dave CAN do in terms of economic reality...that's really all the general concertgoing public WANT from Dave, which is to hear the old hits and get a glimmer of that old CVH nostalgia. Nobody outside of the hardcore Roth fans really care about a new Roth solo album, and haven't for nearly 30 years, and there aren't enough hardcore Roth fans left to make releasing a new Roth solo album worth it for a record company or whatever outlet in terms of distribution profits.

So, if Roth wants to work, what the fuck else CAN he do at this point other than what he IS doing? And I suppose I understand WHY Roth wants to work, in that it probably isn't necessarily the money at this point, but to just keep going as long as he can before the time comes when he physically can't.

29. Thanked Terry for this KICKASS post:

So this is love (01-12-2020)

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silexxx View Post
    Sounds much better already.

I agree. He looks better than he did when he strolled across the hall at the hotel in Vegas to talk to the youngsters playing Van Halen but he needs to fire his wardrobe person if that's who picked out that strange looking outfit he's wearing in that video. Then again that is an improvement over the teal green spandex outfit he wore when he played at Glen Hellen during the Sam and Dave tour. It looked like something Elvis rejected and gave to Goodwill.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,560 Times in 3,448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    And then there are his bad qualities...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    I agree. He looks better than he did when he strolled across the hall at the hotel in Vegas to talk to the youngsters playing Van Halen but he needs to fire his wardrobe person if that's who picked out that strange looking outfit he's wearing in that video. Then again that is an improvement over the teal green spandex outfit he wore when he played at Glen Hellen during the Sam and Dave tour. It looked like something Elvis rejected and gave to Goodwill.
    It's hard for me to give much of a fuck how "cool" Dave looks onstage. He's always worn the tight, fruity spandex. He's dressing as a performer, not as the cool uncle (now grandpa) you always wanted.....

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    It's hard for me to give much of a fuck how "cool" Dave looks onstage. He's always worn the tight, fruity spandex. He's dressing as a performer, not as the cool uncle (now grandpa) you always wanted.....
    He dresses like a performer alright. He dresses like a clown.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-20-2022 @ 12:18 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Definitely thought he sounded better on the 1/10 show. Listened to a few songs from the opening show and they just weren't good vocally and this is coming from somebody who cuts Dave a good sized chunk of slack with his vocals these days.

Dave is who is and that's how he rolls. Dave thought he was a star when he was in his 20s playing in front of 15 people in some dive bar in the valley, so is anybody surprised that's still how he acts? I think that manifests itself in some peculiar (wardrobe choices) and frustrating ways (vocal choices), but it is what it is. You know what you're getting with Dave these days if you see him live, so they're really shouldn't be any surprises there.

Should Dave just hang it up and call it a day? If Dave still wants to go out and perform and people are willing to pay to see it, then so be it. Maybe it says more about the competition than it does Dave, but I'd rather see him live these days than the mummified remains of the Stones, "The Who" (lol), Def Leppard or Kiss (with Elliott just not singing certain parts anymore or Stanley basically up there lip-syncing), the Crue (Vince, lol), etc.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chuckjitsu View Post

Should Dave just hang it up and call it a day? If Dave still wants to go out and perform and people are willing to pay to see it, then so be it. Maybe it says more about the competition than it does Dave, but I'd rather see him live these days than the mummified remains of the Stones, "The Who" (lol), Def Leppard or Kiss (with Elliott just not singing certain parts anymore or Stanley basically up there lip-syncing), the Crue (Vince, lol), etc.
    I haven't heard the Stones live lately and don't care about Kiss and Def Leppard but I don't get why so many people hate Daltrey and Townsend continuing to tour with substitutes for Moon and Entwhistle. They didn't murder or fire those two. They committed suicide by overdoing drugs and alcohol. Moon was a wild man but Entwhistle should have known better. I don't agree with the nasty comments Townsend made about how happy he is playing without having to deal with Moon and Entwhistle's perceived (by him) shortcomings but I still think The Who (or one half of the Who and musical guests) sounds a lot better than the haters (I hate that term but it fits here) claim they do.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-11-2020 @ 03:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Roth would be smart to start pandering to old die hards even more in this twilight of his career
    Tunes like sinners swing!, Dirty movies, take your whiskey home, bringing back Little dreamer, women in love could rejuvenate his tired, overplayed set list.
    The last time I saw VH they played The Full Bug and I enjoyed it
    At least he’s not playing I’ll wait, the ultimate piss break song of VHs career.
    Last edited by lesfunk; 01-13-2020 at 02:40 PM.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

He looks like a former roadie for Spinal Tap

...and he can still sing way better than Roth.

My GAWD! Roth sounds like he's trying to puke back up the little bit of Listerine in his throat. Sounds like he rehearsed his squealing from days a little Geisha girl was pegging him in Japan. Dave Ghan is what, 58? and that junkie can sing. Roth needs to look over his retirement plan and stick with it.
    Actually, Dave's new guitarist looks like Ronnie James Dio

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    So I read on and on of all the excuse many of you cretins make for Roth. The dude isn't a shadow of his former self and at age 66 he hardly a nostalgia draw, either. From what I watched he looks lost, incoherent with the lyrics and the band and is relying upon a charm he no longer possesses. Take a look at those who know when it is time to hang it up: Elton John, Paul Simon, Garry Rossington of redneck Skynyrd, Robbie Robertson, Neil Diamond. Now some due to health issues but mostly due to they no longer have the ability to perform like they once did. Age and death comes to all of us.

Homomotoerotica

Could be Roth is lamenting the years he wasted with bad advice, too much liquor, pussy and fame. He remains a millionaire who can live comfortably in his AARP years gobflabbing on his shit podcast and doing the occasional interview for some hack classic rock fish wrap. Roth does not need to torture his audience. There's nothing to enjoy here except seeing a sad old man trying sell his past with arthritic shuffles. We are all growing older but some do it with dignity and grace.

Bananarama reformed back in what, 2017-18 and played to sold out shows with their desert vaginas but unlike Roth, people wanted to hear and see them. They also knew when to fuck off and call it quits - or until a better offer comes along.

Arid pussy and lame fashion

Yes, the music is shit but that's not the fucking point. The Nana's are jelling with the audience and the audience with them. I'd dance to the claptrap shit, too. What I see with Roth is an aging alcoholic trying his best to fight off his past demons with the plastic glitter that is Vegas. Roth has failed and he will continue to fail but hey, as long as you cretins keep on enabling him because you think some sort of classic reunion will make up for your miserable lives it just not going to happen.

Beer Drinker&Hell Raiser
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-29-2023 @ 11:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks

It seems like remarkably less of a prepared/rehearsed show than the last Vegas outing, especially DLR himself. He comes off like he went to maybe two rehearsals with the band. There’s also a weird lack of on-stage chemistry with the band that seems to reflect this.

I hugely respect Dave as a songwriter/entertainer, and singer, but I don’t get the high-register, improvisational, constantly-changing-the-song approach he’s been doing for years now. He could sound great if he reigned that in and stuck to the songs as written/recorded and stayed in a more comfortable register, with the odd higher yelp, wail, etc.

Part of me thinks he probably hasn’t listened to the original VH versions in a long time and forgets how he sang them, as crazy as that seems.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by degüello View Post
    There’s also a weird lack of on-stage chemistry with the band that seems to reflect this.
    Yah think?

This is just embarrassing. Is Roth Captain Stubing now?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lesfunk View Post
    At least he’s not playing I’ll wait, the ultimate piss break song of VHs career.
    No that's Pretty Woman.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

No that's Pretty Woman.
    Here's the kicker... two songs which he sangs really well still

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Dave is a disaster. Here. I will post something more interesting than the has been and his boring band.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    He dresses like a performer alright. He dresses like a clown.
    Yeah, he was so much cooler and wore the most awesome clothes back in the day!

45. 3 users say thank you to Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

Nitro Express (01-15-2020),Terry (01-15-2020),ZahZoo (01-16-2020)

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Not really but that was appropriate attire for a young man in his profession at that time. But he is playing in Vegas. The Elvis wig was a nice touch. He should have someone sew sleeves on that teal green spandex suit he wore at Glen Hellen during the Sam and Dave tour, dye it white, add some rhinestones and go full Elvis.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Ha! Ha! Dave looks like a fucking rodeo clown. I guess they were playing down in Texas and Dave probably has a few kids down there he doesn’t know about.

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    01-19-2020 @ 07:54 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    I'm an Aussie who has loved DLR for years but it pains me to say he's not doing himself any favors

The guys on the Dave and Dave Unchained podcast said we need someone who makes Paul sound good

Sad but true

To be honest, I'll be amazed if he makes it that far
    Last edited by kenny8; 01-15-2020 at 06:01 AM.

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:59 PM
    Status
    Thanks

He will, hopefully.

Stanley doesn't sing on stage anymore It seems everything, including the music Kiss is supposed to play live, is mimed.
    Maybe even the bangs of the pyrotechnics are prerecorded...

Dave yelps genuinely.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The dude isn't a shadow of his former self and at age 66 he hardly a nostalgia draw, either. From what I watched he looks lost, incoherent with the lyrics and the band and is relying upon a charm he no longer possesses. Take a look at those who know when it is time to hang it up: Elton John...

Yes, the music is shit but that's not the fucking point. The Nana's are jelling with the audience and the audience with them. I'd dance to the claptrap shit, too.

One of your most idiotic posts.

Elton John is on tour for the rest of the year and Bananarama are clearly miming as they always have since the 1980s.

Jelling is a small town in Denmark. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jelling
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 01-15-2020 at 08:14 AM.

Thread Information