Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Terry View Post
    Without a doubt Dave had a major input.

While I wasn't there at the creation of those songs in terms of the process, the creative nucleus of CVH seems to me to have been Dave and Eddie. With Ed and Alex jamming on instrumental ideas at times and then presenting that to Dave. The lyrics and lead vocal delivery, for me, was as important to CVH as what Eddie was doing guitar-wise.

I'm just not onboard with the notion that Roth was THE mastermind behind CVH. Crucial, yes.
    It takes at least two people to fuck. Some think the more the merrier. Everyone in the gaggle plays their part. Dave in his old age is bragging he was a great masturbator and didn’t need Mike the Gimp or Anal Alex or Ejaculate Eruption Eddie to get off.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

She was a 9 on a 10 scale, and I ain't tellin' no lies. She tried puttin' me off, but I ain't havin' that jive.

Was that an actual Hagar lyric? Sounds like it could have been (and one of his better ones, at that).
      I don’t know. The teacher’s aid was from Alaska. She said she ate raw fish there. Well that sort of stuff inspires lyrics from us hornballs. I wasn’t old enough to day dream the concept but decades before Blind Boy Fuller was educated and sang about it. Took me a few more years to find out what good fish was.

Comment

Yeah, but by that logic, Roth should have been able to perform the same function for Steve Vai when Eat 'Em And Smile came around, rather than just let Vai basically jack off with his instrument as fast as he could for solo after solo. Thus, while I don't undercut Roth's contributions to Van Halen, the idea that he needed to tell Eddie what to play because Eddie wouldn't have figured it out otherwise...it's a bit much, don't you think?

Ed was more than adept at constructing songs, coming up with riffs, rhythms and hooks and the like. Sure, one imagines Roth would suggest putting riffs or rhythm parts that Eddie came up with in a different order at times. That's a far cry from how Dave was coming off in the interview at times, where he was kinda trying to portray himself as the "Mastermind of Van Halen." It's like, take a break from your ego, Dave: we all know how important your contributions were to the band...no need to oversell it.

Ed couldn't construct a song to save his life? So, in terms of Van Halen's biggest single, Jump...Dave didn't even LIKE that tune. Ed came up with it and Ed had to push to have it recorded...still sticking by your theory, there?
        What Eddie had with Jump was the main synth riff and mid break synth solo (the one after the guitar solo in the finished song).

That's it.

And that's not enough to get you a #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 for 5 weeks straight.
        Last edited by Vinnie Velvet; 09-23-2019, 08:56 AM.
        =V V=
        ole No.1 The finest
        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• So, yeah Ed can't write a song and never could.

He writes riffs, solos and jams.

To put together a song is a different thing.
          =V V=
          ole No.1 The finest
          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Aside from walking around in his underwear, Ed looks pretty healthy in this video. Was posted a few days ago, but not sure when it was actually shot.

sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• Originally posted by private parts View Post
              Aside from walking around in his underwear, Ed looks pretty healthy in this video. Was posted a few days ago, but not sure when it was actually shot.

Ed looks fine. Who knows what went down.

Seems like VH did have a festival type/stadium thing planned for summer this year (with Mike) but it didn't work out while Dave had the Vegas residency in his back pocket if the VH gig didn't happen.
              =V V=
              ole No.1 The finest
              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Aside from walking around in his underwear, Ed looks pretty healthy in this video. Was posted a few days ago, but not sure when it was actually shot.

It was in 2017 !

Last edited by vaijuju; 09-23-2019, 12:38 PM.
                http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• 2017?

Ok then lol
                  =V V=
                  ole No.1 The finest
                  EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post
                    2017?

Ok then lol
                    found these pics in my computer August 2017 !

Comment

• Cheers vaijuju! How're you doing?

Corrected by a froggie, gentlemen...:
                      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Well he doesn't look 2 years away from death. But a lot can happen health-wise in 2 years I guess.
                        Hope he is fine and healthy and just being a Dutch asshole.
                        sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise View Post
                          Cheers vaijuju! How're you doing?

Corrected by a froggie, gentlemen...:
                          fine my dear !

Comment

You can tell he works out. He’s got pretty good muscle definition, his color is good and he’s got a healthy demeanor. I would imagine he’s got a personal trainer or maybe his wife makes sure he does his exercises and eats well. No Ed looks fine. He’s clearly taking care of himself now.

Comment

• Ed is awsome! The shitbird with camera should leave him the fuck alone. When he hid behind the tree (which was fokking hilarious) the guy should have stopped.
                              Ed is a gentlemen just doing some shopping.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluemustard View Post
                                Ed is awsome! The shitbird with camera should leave him the fuck alone. When he hid behind the tree (which was fokking hilarious) the guy should have stopped.
                                Ed is a gentlemen just doing some shopping.
                                Either an over obsessed fan or a paparazzi who is a fan or not very good at asking questions. Yeah. The guy was an ass noodle for sure. Very annoying. Ed hiding behind the tree was pretty funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X