THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    03-18-2024 @ 11:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Which Trunk says, several times, in terms of it all being speculation...primarily because (as Trunk also said) the band doesn't address...anything. Outside of the Smithsonian thing, has anybody from the Van Halen camp outside of Dave made a peep since the 2015 tour?

But Trunk also points out that Van Halen has been pretty erratic in the last 25 years far as working anyway, basically since Eddie first started having health issues that were made public in 1996. Then again, who the fuck knows? I get the feeling Roth doesn't even know much about what is going on with the Van Halens anymore.

If Dave wants to play/perform, he should. If the Van Halens don't (or can't), then Roth can always play with other musicians. I don't particularly get the feeling that Roth asked for the Van Halens blessings with this upcoming Vegas stint. It feels more like Roth got tired of doing nothing and hearing nothing, and finally wanted to do something.

I did hear on a terrestrial morning radio show audio excerpts from a recent interview Roth gave where he claimed he "came up with" the guitar solos for RWTD and Jamie's Crying, in terms of...something along the lines of telling Eddie what to play where those songs were concerned...which was the first time I can recall Roth taking claim for what EDDIE was doing where CVH was concerned. And he said he [Roth] had as much right as anybody to go out and play those CVH songs with whomever, because he designed all the album covers, wrote all the lyrics and melodies, etc. etc. All of which were aspects of CVH he claimed authorship of before.
    This isn't anything new. All members of the Army here and longtime CVH/Roth fans know how much Dave contributed to CVH.

We all know Ed was a genius guitar player - riff master along with blazing solos.

But he could not construct a song to save his fucking life. That's where Dave came in. I have no doubt Dave helped Ed structure his solos - as in "do a take of it here and then we are going to have that repeat again after the chorus."

This is why Van Hagar was so vastly different to CVH.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. Thanked Vinnie Velvet for this KICKASS post:

Jérôme Frenchise (09-20-2019)

Thread Information