Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: So it's Vegas again...

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-07-2021 @ 07:51 PM
    Burlington, Ontario (Canada motherfucker!!)
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    That's a weird way to look at things.

He writes 80 000 words and you completely discount them all because he gets a date wrong.

The Noel Monk book may or may not be self serving since most autobiography's are but he was there and working and taking notes so chances are way more reliable than anything we are going to get from a super drunk band or most other people.

He didn't get a date wrong. He got a landmark milestone wrong by about 8 months, if not a year or more.

So if he got that wrong, what else did he get wrong?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,560 Times in 3,448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's On Fire View Post
    Yes I read it. He literally says DLR released EEAS while still in VH. Mre than just a casual error, would yu agree?

And he goes way out f his way to state he was not stealing from the band, even though no one other than Alex thught so.

He who protests too loudly...……….

You keep drunk posting this but I am not exactly sure it's true. I don't recall it but I'll check my copy when I am not working my nuts off 10 days straight...

Feel free to transcribe the exact quote though...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 01-18-2020 at 10:55 PM.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Poppy is where it's at you AARP cult members.

She may or may not be into murder, the Illuminati and cold pizza but god damn if she isn't entertaining. I've been smoking a lot of dope to her music (especially her new album) and she is really fucking with my already fucked-up head. She is coming to town next week and I'm more than looking forward to it. Much more fun than deadbeat Roth right, slave SESH? Oh right, slave SESH doesn't allow for any fun in his wretched life.
    I thought you were quitting?

I mean, being an old bag yourself, I guess you need the attention, adulation that only older men that are desperate might give...

And you have shitty taste, she's just a repackaged, second rate NIN rip-off. Fight me!
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 01-18-2020 at 11:00 PM.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-07-2021 @ 07:51 PM
    Burlington, Ontario (Canada motherfucker!!)
    Status
    Thanks

Not drunk posting anything you stooge. It is 100 percent in the book and I look forward to you humiliating yourself.

I have better things to do, but I can post the photo of the page in the hardcp book where Monk clearly says it. Fucking period.

Noel Monk clearly states that Dave released the EP, and then released another album before quitting VH. He is referring to EEAS.

Dave did not put the EES band together until 6-8 months (or longer) after he quit VH.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's On Fire View Post
    Not drunk posting anything you stooge.
    Well maybe you write sober and edit drunk you fucking illegible autistic English language murdering cunt...

It is 100 percent in the book and I look forward to you humiliating yourself.
    If I thought you were capable of reading it, I'd be worried...

I have better things to do, but I can post the photo of the page in the hardcp book where Monk clearly says it. Fucking period.
    Really? What better things do you have to do? Finger bang your cat?

Noel Monk clearly states that Dave released the EP, and then released another album before quitting VH. He is referring to EEAS.

Dave did not put the EES band together until 6-8 months (or longer) after he quit VH.
    No shit! I dunno, Monk lost complete track of Dave after he left VH and Dave was a total cunt in their one post-Monk/VH run in in a LA club where Dave had his security guy ask Noel to leave a club they both happened to be in where Monk was managing another start up band. So WTF ever he wrote, I might forgive Monk a bit..

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,990 Times in 3,229 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    I must have missed that memo.
    Missed the memo? It’s the oldest game in the book. The old chiefs and leaders never fought their own battles, the young men did. You stroked their egos and sent them out and then you rewarded them with cheap trinkets. Then the financial class found they made more money by financing both sides of a war and that morphed into globalism where a handful of very rich people collude and manipulate whole nations. It’s gotten very sophisticated now but the young people still fight the wars and the old people don’t. We used to show the injured and dead some respect but we don’t even do that anymore.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:49 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,487 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Yeah. You have a fantasy island and a plane. You had it down long before that Epstein guy copied your game. You probably have a stub of a dick because you wore it out.
    You know, the thing I don't understand with Epstein and those types...like, I dunno...they all get so rich that straight-up fucking with women of a consensual age bores them, maybe? So they have to go to these illegal extremes to get their rocks off?

Just weird. Like, had I Epstein's money, for me it'd be enough to be able to simply flat-out say to women of a legal age "hey, I've got a lot of money and a private tropical island resort: wanna go have some fun, I'll pay the expenses, if we hit it off, great, if not, that's fine, too"...like, I'm sure I'd be able to get laid enough legally with that strategy without having to resort to trafficking underage girls and hanging out with the likes of Price Andrew and Bill Clinton on top of it.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:49 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,487 Posts

Blog Entries
    That’s showbiz. The smart people know when to take the money and run.
    Yeah, but...there's no sense of self-mortification or shame anymore: these fogeys just keep grinding on, even when they clearly can't turn in worthwhile performances anymore, because they buffer themselves with the tautology of "what I'm doing still must be worthwhile, because people are still paying to see it"...and I suppose that tautology is true to that degree.

Like, when you don't really have a sense of embarrassment, there is no bottom to reach since as long as there are still people cheering you on and giving you money, you can still tell yourself "I've still got it"...it's as if those who DO decide to retire and not keep taking the money are the suckers to be pitied, rather than those out there way past their prime still busking it for dollars because they can't do anything else other than what they've always done. They can't put out any new material, because nobody is gonna give a shit. They can't do anything other than reprise the glory days, because nobody cares about them beyond bathing in the waning nostalgic light of said glory days.

And it's so...normalized now that nobody gives a shit about the "live" miming going on with the backing tapes and all the rest of it. People are so desperate to bathe in that nostalgia they'll accept holograms onstage or re-enactments by actors a la the Bohemian Rhapsody movie - isn't there ample footage of Freddy Mercury (you know, the real deal?) out there already to avoid the need for some actor pretending to be Mercury, or Motley Crue, or Elton John? - and I just don't get any of it. I mean, I get it in terms of listening to old recordings if the music still moves you. I don't get tolerating the mimicry I've described above.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,749 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    I thought you were quitting?

I mean, being an old bag yourself, I guess you need the attention, adulation that only older men that are desperate might give...

And you have shitty taste, she's just a repackaged, second rate NIN rip-off. Fight me!

So angry, so middle-age Boomer white suburban male, so edgy

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Missed the memo? It’s the oldest game in the book. The old chiefs and leaders never fought their own battles, the young men did. You stroked their egos and sent them out and then you rewarded them with cheap trinkets. Then the financial class found they made more money by financing both sides of a war and that morphed into globalism where a handful of very rich people collude and manipulate whole nations. It’s gotten very sophisticated now but the young people still fight the wars and the old people don’t. We used to show the injured and dead some respect but we don’t even do that anymore.
    The main reason young folks fight wars while old folks play bingo and yell at people who step on their lawns is because old folks would just get in the way. They'd have to have one medic for every two or three old geezers just to help them when they fall and can't get up. But it's not wise to have your leaders on the front lines in battle. If they get killed and things aren't going as planned you're screwed. I'm not sure globalism is the correct term after looking it up but I know what you mean. The industrial part of military industrial complex profits from war and needs the threat of war to stay in business during peace time. As far as not respecting the injured or dead I disagree. Veterans are given a lot more respect now than they were in the 60s and 70s. Here in Florida veterans are shown a lot of respect nowadays.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-30-2022 @ 04:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Hey, isn't there some kind of political forum for this old/young man generation banter... I am only interested in Dave McArthur storming a beach with a vocal screech and a functional hip lol

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Hey, isn't there some kind of political forum for this old/young man generation banter... I am only interested in Dave McArthur storming a beach with a vocal screech and a functional hip lol
    Dave’s days of putting on the war paint and headdress and raiding the next village are over. He was pretty good at it before he went bald.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    You know, the thing I don't understand with Epstein and those types...like, I dunno...they all get so rich that straight-up fucking with women of a consensual age bores them, maybe? So they have to go to these illegal extremes to get their rocks off?

Just weird. Like, had I Epstein's money, for me it'd be enough to be able to simply flat-out say to women of a legal age "hey, I've got a lot of money and a private tropical island resort: wanna go have some fun, I'll pay the expenses, if we hit it off, great, if not, that's fine, too"...like, I'm sure I'd be able to get laid enough legally with that strategy without having to resort to trafficking underage girls and hanging out with the likes of Price Andrew and Bill Clinton on top of it.
    Think the Epstein thing was a honey trap to compromise powerful people. Ghislaine Maxwell’s father worked in intelligence. She was probably the head honcho. Not Jeff boy. Probably Massad ran.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    Yes, there is... staying on-topic is always a challenge here. Attention deficit runs deep... oh look, a squirrel...

With that... back to Dave...

15. Thanked ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

Jetstream (01-30-2020)

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    Yes, there is... staying on-topic is always a challenge here. Attention deficit runs deep... oh look, a squirrel...

On Facebook they refer to threads as discussions. When you have discussions at home, work, wherever does the subject stay the same from start to end? Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Same thing here.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    A lot of guys who weren't the most popular amongst their peers in school probably lusted after a lot of pretty young things that were out of their reach. As they get older they see pretty young things and think I bet I could get me some of that now that I have a few bucks in my bank account, a big house, a nice ride. Knowing they might end up in jail or blackmailed they look for a way to get them pretty young things without that happening. That's why retired servicemen end up living in Thailand, the Philippines and other places that cater to men who like young girls. If you're really rich like Epstein and his pals are/were you do what they do/did.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Just Like paradise... opening nite.

Gimme head till I'm dead
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    01-03-2021 @ 04:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

One of the things about poking people about past things is someone that haunts a board making sport of it all. If your're that hip, get a better hobby.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Amazing how alcohol improves things. The ugly women become better looking and Dave starts to sound better.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It would have been a "Slam Dunk" for me if Dave reunited with EEAS Band..

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:32 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,613 Posts

Sheehan is in rehearsals for the new Sons Of Apollo tour. Vai is promoting his new model Ibanez, but he toured with Dave when the Jem came out. Not sure if there's another G3 tour somewhere soon.

Does Bissonette still work? Is he in Ringo's All-Starr Band?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,344 Times in 6,029 Posts

I would like to see it too and it wouldn't be such a one man show. The other 3 are cruising along and I'm sure could find time in their schedules.

There is a bit of an issue though that some of the EEAS era stuff is in some ways could be more problematic live vocally.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I would like to see it too and it wouldn't be such a one man show. The other 3 are cruising along and I'm sure could find time in their schedules.

There is a bit of an issue though that some of the EEAS era stuff is in some ways could be more problematic live vocally.
    Yeah, but with the sweet sounds of Vai and Sheehan cascading live, I ain't givin a fuck about vocals as much...

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Didn't Sheehan, Vai and Bissonnette join together a while ago?
    If Dave didn't participate, reason number one was he couldn't have sung his parts correctly IMO.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I will be in Vegas in two weeks. Debating what to do in my spare time. Vegas is home to some excellent steak houses but I want to try the caviar service at the Red Square restaurant at The Mandalay Bay. Notice Roth is doing his show there. I will politely pass on it. The coyotes and wolves here in western Wyoming hit the high notes better than Dave does. So if I want to hear the unchained and the wild I can just go out on the deck at night and most the time you can hear a pack of something running around. 80's rock bands used to be that way. A bunch of wolves chasing female rabbits and making a lot of noise and scaring people. For some reason we liked that in our younger years and it was best enjoyed while on ethanol and chemicals.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,749 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries

You just need better subject matter than an aging miscreant California transplant rich white boy who never had any talent to begin with. Roth was never a singer. If anything, he was a third-rate stage antic for a high-power young guitar slinger who rewrote the playbook on distortion and high volume etiquette. Maybe you could make for a subject/argument that Roth was somewhat of a songwriter but so is Flea - well, that's a cheap shot. Flea is an actual musician and much better author and yes, even actor.

He's quite the talented trumpet player, too

Oh right, where was I? Yeah, Roth sucks. This weird, homoerotic fetish many of you have and still have for the guy is a mystery to me. Even the rest of the original Halen lineup knew he was a fucking asshole but I guess out of all of them he had money in the early days and as long as he had that, he was in. Now I'm not saying Roth has no talent, well, actually I already did. The guy is an autistic train wreck. I did my damnest to listen to his shitty podcast and he could not stay focused on shit for more than 20 seconds. Got a clue yet, cretins?

Now he is Vegas as another nostalgic dog and pony show milking dimes and nickels from devoted fans too stupid or too lazy to care that Roth is more than a bit of a show-biz hack. Who cares? It's all about the past with you cretins. Yes, back to those good ol days where high school, weed and cheerleader pussy (things that none of you ever knew about) ruled and Vanny Alien was the soundtrack for your listless suburban sheltered life. Roth sang about jumping and you gobbled it up like Trump with a $50 gift certificate at the local Burger King. He left you high and dry when you needed him the most. Where was he? Getting his sick rocks off on suicide and gunshot victims in New York. When that cheap thrill no longer satiated his fucked up appetite he fucked off to Japan to chopstick Yakitori out of the asses of local Geisha girls.

Yeah, some rock star.

Now you know this Vegas stint won't last for much longer. How can it when Roth himself seems to be the one the most bored with it?
    Last edited by Kristy; 01-21-2020 at 08:31 PM.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Everyone is still talking about his worst performed songs, with a poor mix, on the opening night.

Hey it's show business and theater shows need to live and die on their opening night reviews so why not this and it's a pity he started so slow.

I also think part of the division on this is that you do get some people who are 90% about the vocals, that's what they are there for and that's fine I get it. I've always been as much about the music, my other favorite bands include Ozzy and Rush.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I will be in Vegas in two weeks. Debating what to do in my spare time. Vegas is home to some excellent steak houses but I want to try the caviar service at the Red Square restaurant at The Mandalay Bay.
    It shut a couple of months ago so you will need to piss away your money on fish eggs at somewhere else equally pretentious.

Vegas casino restaurants in my experience were very over priced and over rated but I haven't been there for a decade so maybe things have improved...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    It shut a couple of months ago so you will need to piss away your money on fish eggs at somewhere else equally pretentious.

Vegas casino restaurants in my experience were very over priced and over rated but I haven't been there for a decade so maybe things have improved...
    Maybe I will check out Le Cirque.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You will probably run into Dave about the audience in attendance lol

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Maybe I will check out Le Cirque"

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    You are thinking Cirque du Soleil. Le Cirque is a French restaurant.

35. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Jetstream (01-24-2020)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Do you have nearly 30 000 posts on their website too?

People are weird...

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    You just need better subject matter than an aging miscreant California transplant rich white boy who never had any talent to begin with. Roth was never a singer. If anything, he was a third-rate stage antic for a high-power young guitar slinger who rewrote the playbook on distortion and high volume etiquette. Maybe you could make for a subject/argument that Roth was somewhat of a songwriter but so is Flea - well, that's a cheap shot. Flea is an actual musician and much better author and yes, even actor.

He's quite the talented trumpet player, too

Oh right, where was I? Yeah, Roth sucks. This weird, homoerotic fetish many of you have and still have for the guy is a mystery to me. Even the rest of the original Halen lineup knew he was a fucking asshole but I guess out of all of them he had money in the early days and as long as he had that, he was in. Now I'm not saying Roth has no talent, well, actually I already did. The guy is an autistic train wreck. I did my damnest to listen to his shitty podcast and he could not stay focused on shit for more than 20 seconds. Got a clue yet, cretins?

Now he is Vegas as another nostalgic dog and pony show milking dimes and nickels from devoted fans too stupid or too lazy to care that Roth is more than a bit of a show-biz hack. Who cares? It's all about the past with you cretins. Yes, back to those good ol days where high school, weed and cheerleader pussy (things that none of you ever knew about) ruled and Vanny Alien was the soundtrack for your listless suburban sheltered life. Roth sang about jumping and you gobbled it up like Trump with a $50 gift certificate at the local Burger King. He left you high and dry when you needed him the most. Where was he? Getting his sick rocks off on suicide and gunshot victims in New York. When that cheap thrill no longer satiated his fucked up appetite he fucked off to Japan to chopstick Yakitori out of the asses of local Geisha girls.

Yeah, some rock star.

Now you know this Vegas stint won't last for much longer. How can it when Roth himself seems to be the one the most bored with it?
    Still the bitter cunt running her mouth. Go get a cock between your legs honey.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Everyone is still talking about his worst performed songs, with a poor mix, on the opening night.

Hey it's show business and theater shows need to live and die on their opening night reviews so why not this and it's a pity he started so slow.

I also think part of the division on this is that you do get some people who are 90% about the vocals, that's what they are there for and that's fine I get it. I've always been as much about the music, my other favorite bands include Ozzy and Rush.
    The music... that's the major challenge for this whole Roth venture. The entire concept is built around the vocalist and entertainer.

If Dave has a poor night, like opening nite... then 80-90% of the show sucks. From the entertainer part... if you stay away from the pod casts and fan sites then your better off and will enjoy the shenanigans. Otherwise you've heard most of that before as well and a little goes a long ways.

Dave's backing band appears quite competent... turning in quality covers of the material. But that's just it... covers. You're not getting Eddie, Alex or the Bassplayer™... Unlike Ozzy and Rush you're are getting tons of great music, from the real musicians. Hell... with Rush... I can't imagine many folks in the audience who are 90% about the vocals. Bless Getty's heart, but his live vocals just don't carry the show!

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The music... that's the major challenge for this whole Roth venture. The entire concept is built around the vocalist and entertainer.

If Dave has a poor night, like opening nite... then 80-90% of the show sucks. From the entertainer part... if you stay away from the pod casts and fan sites then your better off and will enjoy the shenanigans. Otherwise you've heard most of that before as well and a little goes a long ways.

Dave's backing band appears quite competent... turning in quality covers of the material. But that's just it... covers. You're not getting Eddie, Alex or the Bassplayer™... Unlike Ozzy and Rush you're are getting tons of great music, from the real musicians. Hell... with Rush... I can't imagine many folks in the audience who are 90% about the vocals. Bless Getty's heart, but his live vocals just don't carry the show!
    I have no doubt Vai, Sheehan and Bissonette would reconvene again, but... Dave has an ego and didn't even offer

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think it's telling that on the Roth Radio show which ok only lasted for 4 months but every day for 3 hours so that's still a lot of time, Dave only ever played or even mentioned CVH or the YFLM album. Jump forward 14 years and he plays a song from YFLM, I think he maybe thinks that's the solo album that he still likes and is relevant.

41. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Jetstream (01-30-2020)

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:05 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Dave talks about returning to Vegas ("...you earn your way into Vegas right now."),
    opening for KISS ("...requires reading the audience and taking a chance."), and
    what's coming up ("...opening for Metallica on this tour and then we’re playing
    with Rage Against the Machine at the Firefly Festival.")

https://lasvegasmagazine.com/intervi...th-talks-abou/

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Dave's Ki$$ opening gigs are being postponed due to the pandemic.

Nothing mentioned about his shows scheduled to return to Vegas on March 18th... Can't see those going on given the current state of things in the US.

Thread Information