Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 So it's Vegas again... - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So it's Vegas again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nitro Express View Post
    I thought you would. She wants candy and we all have a big stick of it she can lick and suck.
    Mine's more the size, texture and color of a Tootsie Roll mini, but she's welcome to pick her teeth with it if she likes (long as I get off, who gives a shit?)
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickdfresh View Post
      Yes he is, according to Noel Monk - to the point of being a sociopath...

I don't trust a word Noel Monk says, He's a greedy little manager who managed VH and still cannot get the facts straight that even a casual VH fan knows.

Such as in his book he said Dave released EEAS while still in VH. And yes he fucking did say it in print.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terry View Post
        Mine's more the size, texture and color of a Tootsie Roll mini, but she's welcome to pick her teeth with it if she likes (long as I get off, who gives a shit?)
        Yeah. You have a fantasy island and a plane. You had it down long before that Epstein guy copied your game. You probably have a stub of a dick because you wore it out.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Originally posted by Terry View Post
          "A real peachy cunt"...marvelous.

The image Roth was projecting in the 1980s seemed cool as fuck when I was in my teens.

Isn't at all a shock to find out the offstage reality as perceived by others was quite a bit different: Roth's only human, just like everybody else.

He comes across as the kind of guy where should you find yourself hanging with him, it will boil down to a long Roth monologue as you are bombarded by the Words, Wisdom and Tao Of His Royal Daveness. I'd tend to suspect whatever charms THAT would hold would wear thin by the end of an evening.

None of which negates how I valued what he did in terms of entertainment: shit, Roth fronting Van Halen was the bomb. First 4 full-length solo albums were, overall, good to great.

Nobody stays shit-hot forever. Well, a few do, but suffice to say Dave isn't one of them.
          That’s showbiz. The smart people know when to take the money and run.

Comment

I think Dave has grown and perhaps learned, or gained touch with, empathy. But back in the day he was a real peachy cunt. I can't be bothered to dig out the quote, but Monk was speaking of Dave and his relationships with women and and other members of the band and their crew. Like if Dave mentioned a girl's name for two straight weeks, it was basically the love of his life, and how shitty and petty he could be to the roadies. Like when VH followed up their groundbreaking U.S. tour opening for Journey going to the UK and opening for Sabbath and how shitty they all became when the vagina tap dried up because British girls didn't go see Black Sabbath. A roadie, a good young kid everyone liked managed to hookup in a pub and his friends did the typical broh backslapping congratulatory thing the next morning. Mopey Dave screamed at him and started treating him like shit because he felt he had been upstaged - because this kid worked for it with game and Dave no longer had easy pantie-dropping groupies running back stage. Just one of a few anecdotes in the book...
            Ha! Monk said the whole operation ran on available pussy on the road. He said you coundn’t get a crew on the road without available pussy at each stop. Then you kept the operation on the road with peneciline. Ha! Ha!

Comment

• Ah it was just a bunch of bozos including all of us just being dumb and decadent. That’s called being young and wild. It’s just painful watching a guy who now qualifies for the senior discount at Denny’s trying and do panty raids and Kung fu.

Comment

• Old fucks are supposed to send the young and dumb off to war and make money off the war.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nitro Express View Post
                  Old fucks are supposed to send the young and dumb off to war and make money off the war.
                  I must have missed that memo.
                  Beware of Dog

Comment

• Originally posted by Baby's On Fire View Post
                    I don't trust a word Noel Monk says, He's a greedy little manager who managed VH and still cannot get the facts straight that even a casual VH fan knows.

Such as in his book he said Dave released EEAS while still in VH. And yes he fucking did say it in print.
                    Have you read the book? Yes Monk has some lapses, But overall I think he took a good picture...

Comment

• Originally posted by FORD View Post
                      Yeah, but I was 17 at the time too, so nothing creepy about that.

Consenting minors...majors...wear it out!!!

Comment

Have you read the book? Yes Monk has some lapses, But overall I think he took a good picture...
                        Yes I read it. He literally says DLR released EEAS while still in VH. Mre than just a casual error, would yu agree?

And he goes way out f his way to state he was not stealing from the band, even though no one other than Alex thught so.

He who protests too loudly...……….

He shit talked Dave or turning down the no-name sponsor for the 1984 tour, because Dave wanted either Levi's or Marlboro. The Jew manager didn't give a fuck and just wanted to make a buck. He almst literally said only the money matters.

Then he shit talks Dave for having integrity...……………...

I don't trust anything he says.

The bok was a good read, but I don't assume verything he said to be true..

Comment

• Originally posted by rustoffa View Post

Consenting minors...majors...wear it out!!!
                          That smilie still exists!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Baby's On Fire View Post

That's a weird way to look at things.

He writes 80 000 words and you completely discount them all because he gets a date wrong.

The Noel Monk book may or may not be self serving since most autobiography's are but he was there and working and taking notes so chances are way more reliable than anything we are going to get from a super drunk band or most other people.

Comment

• wow Dave has the leadvocals embedded in the backing track on Jump .
                              You can hear it well at 5:55 min in
                              People do it all the time I guess.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                              Last edited by bluemustard; 01-18-2020, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• same with all backing vox.
                                But I guess if you are there in the arena all sounds wayyy beter than a youtube video.
                                2nd show sounded better.
                                But you gotta be there.
                                Last edited by bluemustard; 01-18-2020, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X