Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

An interesting coincidence pointed out on our Facebook page today is that 20 years ago tonight David Lee Roth played the House of Blues in Las Vegas. I'm not sure he'll mention that but he should - managing to maintain that level 20 years through your 40s to 60s is a huge achievement in his job.

His guitarist on that night was Bart Walsh...
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 01-08-2020, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• vaijuju
      Sniper
      • Jan 2008

FRom setlist FM

You Really Got Me
      Big Train
      Unchained
      Just Like Paradise
      Atomic Punk
      Dance the Night Away
      Mean Street
      California Girls
      Tobacco Road
      Jamie's Cryin'
      Beautiful Girls
      Panama
      Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
      Encore:
      Just a Gigolo
      Jump

YRGM

Unchained

Just Like Paradise

DTNA
      Last edited by vaijuju; 01-09-2020, 04:58 AM.
      http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• vaijuju
        Sniper
        • Jan 2008

Big Train

Atomic Punk

Comment

• Jetstream
          Foot Soldier
          • Dec 2011

His voice is rough but he did alright on "Big Train"... will say this, he has a great guitarist and the backing vocals are spot on
          I got lost in the...

Comment

• vaijuju
            Sniper
            • Jan 2008

yeah ! it's a first real show since 4 Years ! Dave as usual will better show after show ..perhaps better than 2015 tour !

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

David Lee Roth kicked off his first solo tour in over a decade with a show in Las Vegas, Nevada in January 2020.

David Lee Roth mixed Van Halen classics with a unique brand of storytelling at his first full solo concert in 13 years tonight in Las Vegas.

The 65-year-old Roth was energetic, enthusiastic and engaging throughout, understandably skipping most of the acrobatics and dancing of previous tours. Sometimes he also missed notes, cues or occasionally, entire verses - most notably on "California Girls," during which he broke out his now-famous "I forgot the fucking words" apology.

The fifteen song set featured 10 classics from the Van Halen years, 5 songs (largely covers) from his solo albums, and at least a half a dozen extended stories about his life and career.

During these interludes, which found his band backing him with instrumental versions of songs such as Lou Reed's "Walk on the Wild Side" and Sly and the Family Stone's "Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Again)," Roth revealed - among many other things - that the J-Pop group Rampage from Exile Tribe had recently cut a big check to license an upcoming cover version of "Jump." He also explained how eyebrows made dogs more lovable than cats: "Who knows what the fuck they're thinking?"

Al Estrada from the Van Halen tribute band Eruption handled lead guitar duty, alongside rhythm guitarist Frankie Lindri, bassist Ryan Wheeler, keyboardist Danny Wagner and drummer Mike Mussleman.

The singer's last full-length solo concert took place on Nov. 7, 2006. The following September he returned to Van Halen for his first tour with the band in 23 years. With Eddie Van Halen's son Wolfgang replacing original bassist Michael Anthony, the group embarked on two more tours and released one studio album, 2012's A Different Kind of Truth, over the next decade.

In late 2018 the singer strongly hinted that Van Halen would tour for the first time in four years in the summer of 2019, but those plans never materialized. Unconfirmed reports suggested that Eddie Van Halen was battling health issues. Upon announcing his solo return to the stage last September, Roth said, "I’m not sure what’s happening with Ed, but [he’s] probably not gonna answer the bell this time. It’s not my place to guess."

In addition to eight more confirmed Las Vegas shows this January and March, Roth was recently announced as the opening act for the upcoming North American legs of Kiss' End of the Road farewell tour. Their first show together takes place Feb. 1 in Manchester, New Hampshire.

Read More: David Lee Roth Kicks Off Vegas Residency: Set List, Photos, Video | https://ultimateclassicrock.com/davi...edium=referral

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• jasonA
                    Groupie
                    • Feb 2004

Big Train is a curious addition to the set. Ill bet it's the first track to get dropped when the setlist changes.

Comment

• bluemustard
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2006

Going through the youtubes now. Beautiful girls sounds pretty good with backing vox.

Comment

• bluemustard
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2006

beautiful girls,just a gigilo,big train and tobacco road were the best vocals imho
                        more show tunes and covers and van halen stuff in his vocal range. The string on the mic is weird. The shoestrings on his pants n stuff hahaha

Comment

• bluemustard
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2006

the prerecorded backing vox is cool lol guitarplayer nails it too (it sounds prerecorded the vox..or am i wrong?)
                          pananma is pretty ok too.
                          Last edited by bluemustard; 01-09-2020, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

From what I've heard so far, Dave sounded great on Gigilo, Jamie's Cryn' and a few others. Better than 2015.

He is what he is at this point. I imagine he sounds fine live rather than watching youtube clips.

The band is really good - especially the guitar players. I dont think there are prerecorded backing vox - but who knows.

Drummer was ok - but hes no Bissonette or Ray Luzier.
                            =V V=
                            ole No.1 The finest
                            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by bluemustard
                              the prerecorded backing vox is cool lol guitarplayer nails it too (it sounds prerecorded the vox..or am i wrong?)
                              pananma is pretty ok too.
                              Yeah the backing vocals sound suspiciously perfect to me and I agree the guitarist is doing a great job.

I see a lot of negativity online about these videos but I bet it was much better in the room than on YouTube and everything apart from Dave's vocals on some of the songs is good.

The verses on DTNA grate so much that you are still smarting from them and forget to notice how well Beautiful Girls or Tobacco Road are working.

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Did my goddamnest to try to listen to Roth's dismal podcast while it lasted. Asshat could not stay on a subject for more than 22 seconds. Now ask yourself what fool would want to see something like that live in a plastic shithole like Vegas?

Face it, your guitar god is slowly dying of cancer, your homoerotic singer lacks any talent and your life has gone absolutely nowhere in the past 40 years.

Good news it there is some new scam going around where "on-line therapist" are willing to listen to your Van Halen disappointment stories for a rather hefty fee. Give them a call or text or what the fuck ever.

Life can get better without Van Halen. You just need to let go.

Comment

Working...