Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
I was thinking foreign threats... our infighting is far too much of a distraction leaving threat actors plenty of room to operate unnoticed and unchecked.

It's a simple prospect... one can not be diligent and make sound decisions involving complex problems if your busy acting like idiots over bullshit that benefits no one. This applies to both sides of the aisle.
My father in law worked for Boeing. What he was involved with was warhead delivery systems. He held a higher security clearance than Bill Clinton did when he was president. He said he worked a lot of overtime in a stressful job to make sure the US always had first strike capability over the Soviet Union. He knows so much that he cannot travel to certain countries even in his retirement.

He told me right now his main worry is a EMP attack on the US. The US has don nothing to harden our power grid against such an attack. This would mean no electricity for years because all the large transformers would need to be replaced. That’s a huge job.

Second China and Russia have been very aggressive on building first strike weapons. He said in another five years China and Russia combined would be a force to be reckoned with. Both a China and Russia can put most their population into bunkers they have been building. Russia is even having drills. Also Russia and China have huge underground weapons manufacturing facilities.

He said he’s worried Russia and China will combine and make a EMP strike in the US and then follow up with nuclear first strikes on US military facilities. Once that’s done they can bully the rest of the world into submission and then try and undermine each other.

So Zahzoo you have a point. My in-laws no longer live in Seattle because it’s a prime nuclear target because of the technology and military facilities there.

While we were wasting time and money and resources on wars for profit in the Middle East and as our crooked politicians in fight trying to avoid prison or trying to take their competition out, China and Russia are very aggressive in developing weapons they can hit us with.

We are really weak right now and our potential enemies know it. If they can take the US out they have the rest of the world. That greed motivates them and forget about sane in today’s world. How many world leaders today seem sane?