X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Never was
    Foot Soldier
    • May 2012

Originally posted by chuckjitsu
    Well, if VH is done, I hope it's for good and Sam doesn't ooze onto the scene again. The world doesn't need to hear Up For Breakfast ever again.

I think it's telling that he's even talking about releasing the John 5 album he recorded in '14. Ed drives the train, so I'm guessing he's done- whether for health reasons or otherwise.
    Sam no longer fits through the doorway at 5150

Comment

• private parts
      Sniper
      • Jan 2007

Some of the comments on RS have Ed one foot in the grave. Someone needs to answer this. Even though it's none of our business, the silence is deafening.
      sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
        No. They paid for a ticket, they saw a show. Transaction over. Go to the Links if you want to cry about "being owed."
        You can see it that way. But even Dave himself had to guess it was over, or at least it's what he actually says.

As for the Links...
        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Never was
          Sam no longer fits through the doorway at 5150
          I’m sure Sam keeps enough anal lube in his car to slide in. Sliding into dark smelly places is what Sam is good at.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

I think Dave should give up on trying to reincarnate Van Halen which is a ego and revenge driven bad fantasy and focus on his skin care line. I think he had some good ideas there. Dave no longer can sing but he’s in good shape and he’s been an avid outdoorsman. That should be his main thing now. Go design some outdoor products that nobody quite got right.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

More dumb comments on the Blabbermouth version of the story

David Lee Roth says that VAN HALEN is "finished." The singer made the comment while speaking to Meltdown of the Detroit radio station WRIF about his upcoming Las Vegas residency, which is due to kick off in January. Asked if he was "bummed out" that he couldn't tour with VAN HALEN this past summer,...
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                I think Dave should give up on trying to reincarnate Van Halen which is a ego and revenge driven bad fantasy and focus on his skin care line. I think he had some good ideas there. Dave no longer can sing but he’s in good shape and he’s been an avid outdoorsman. That should be his main thing now. Go design some outdoor products that nobody quite got right.
                Hey if Paul Stanley can drag out his sorry voice night after night, why not Dave?

Of course, Dave wouldn't resort to lip synching. Maybe he should? LOL
                =V V=
                ole No.1 The finest
                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Rikk
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Dave may be fed up, but he wouldn't be talking like this if it were for sure a major health problem for Ed and he knew about it.

A week or two ago, Dave was saying that the band may tour again...a new album is possible...etc.

He knows shit. He's probably had an extra drink right before this interview and is pissed off that the band is back to their, "We've got fans' money/we don't need to work/don't answer the phone" status.

There's no way it's Hagar. I'm sure the sheep at the Links are salivating gouda...but would Hagar really go back if Mike were not invited? Those two are practically fuckin' married at this point. If something has been in the works with Cheese-head, then Mike wouldn't have spoken up recently and stated that there was talk of a tour with Dave but it fell through and he has not spoken to the band at all...

I enjoyed the reunion tour(s). I wasn't old enough to see them with Dave back in the day. Some fans got so fucking ANGRY at the band for touring with Wolf instead of Mike. I didn't give a shit. I remember Mike being front and center in the late 80s and 90s to talk about how much he didn't want Dave back. I remember in '96, when Dave was supposedly coming back, Mike gave a Dutch interview and stated that he didn't agree with Alex and Ed inviting Dave back, but he'd go along with it and see how it worked out. That mullet-wearing fuck still wanted to throw Dave under the bus, even then. I was then later supposed to give a shit that Alex, Ed and Dave were on stage playing classic songs (and "new" songs in 2012) and start crying foul that Mike wasn't there?

Mother fuck that.

I never understood some fans getting so angry that it wasn't all four. Even if he'd been there, it STILL would not be 1984...no matter what people think. Wolf is a strong musician. He did fine. It was his idea to rescue a lot of great old songs that never got aired on the classic albums. That idea possibly made ADKOT one of the stronger reunion albums in existence. I wasn't going to say no. Dave was back. Dave is the main reason I ever got into Van Halen. That has never changed.

Mike showed no loyalty to Dave from 1986-2004. Why should Dave have such loyalty in return?

Anyway, it's a moot point. Dave says they're done.

Now then, last week he said they could come back.

He has NO idea what's going on. He's either frustrated...or more likely, he's saying shit like this to kick up extra attendance for his Vegas run. People would be more excited to see him solo if they knew he's not just between Van Halen tours.

This band DOES treat their fans like shit. Not Dave necessarily...but the band. The Van Halen brothers.

LED ZEPPELIN is considered one of the most private and non-productive bands about opening up their archives and giving fans stuff about which they've been dreaming for years...at least until recently. Yet, VAN HALEN is even worse. The 6-pack keeps getting re-released. No bonus tracks. No unreleased songs. No concert vids. No live albums from the classic days. No Oakland '81. No other Blu-ray. Nothing. It's a joke. They keep living the fantasy that each song on each album was done in one take, there were no songs left off any album, none of the concerts were filmed or recorded, there is no worthwhile documentary footage, etc.

If they wanna keep fans satiated while they sit around the house masturbating and eating corn chips, they should put out a big box set with Blu-rays, CDs...full of original footage, home movies, concert footage, unreleased songs... The fans would leave them alone for a while. Fuck it, I'd rather a box set like that than another tour.

But they would only put something out if Eddie put it together (control-freak)...and Ed clearly doesn't like working.

Mind you, in a lot of spaces in my own life, I've been in hiding. Been living very comfortably, relaxing...staying out of the limelight...getting back to people after a few days (weeks)... I can understand the mentality of a hermit.

But I don't have a few million fans.

Some fans hated TOKYO DOME. I loved it. No overdubs...warts 'n' all...VH in all their glory for better or worse.

But now it's time to released something truly classic...while they keep hiding in their Hollywood cave.

So they're not touring anymore? No shit. We all knew that.
                  Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                  Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• private parts
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2007

Mic drop!
                    sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Rikk has spoken.

Agree 100% brother.
                      =V V=
                      ole No.1 The finest
                      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Rikk
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                        Rikk has spoken.

Agree 100% brother.
                        Good to see you, brother.
                        Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                          Dave may be fed up, but he wouldn't be talking like this if it were for sure a major health problem for Ed and he knew about it.

A week or two ago, Dave was saying that the band may tour again...a new album is possible...etc.

He knows shit. He's probably had an extra drink right before this interview and is pissed off that the band is back to their, "We've got fans' money/we don't need to work/don't answer the phone" status.

There's no way it's Hagar. I'm sure the sheep at the Links are salivating gouda...but would Hagar really go back if Mike were not invited? Those two are practically fuckin' married at this point. If something has been in the works with Cheese-head, then Mike wouldn't have spoken up recently and stated that there was talk of a tour with Dave but it fell through and he has not spoken to the band at all...

I enjoyed the reunion tour(s). I wasn't old enough to see them with Dave back in the day. Some fans got so fucking ANGRY at the band for touring with Wolf instead of Mike. I didn't give a shit. I remember Mike being front and center in the late 80s and 90s to talk about how much he didn't want Dave back. I remember in '96, when Dave was supposedly coming back, Mike gave a Dutch interview and stated that he didn't agree with Alex and Ed inviting Dave back, but he'd go along with it and see how it worked out. That mullet-wearing fuck still wanted to throw Dave under the bus, even then. I was then later supposed to give a shit that Alex, Ed and Dave were on stage playing classic songs (and "new" songs in 2012) and start crying foul that Mike wasn't there?

Mother fuck that.

I never understood some fans getting so angry that it wasn't all four. Even if he'd been there, it STILL would not be 1984...no matter what people think. Wolf is a strong musician. He did fine. It was his idea to rescue a lot of great old songs that never got aired on the classic albums. That idea possibly made ADKOT one of the stronger reunion albums in existence. I wasn't going to say no. Dave was back. Dave is the main reason I ever got into Van Halen. That has never changed.

Mike showed no loyalty to Dave from 1986-2004. Why should Dave have such loyalty in return?

Anyway, it's a moot point. Dave says they're done.

Now then, last week he said they could come back.

He has NO idea what's going on. He's either frustrated...or more likely, he's saying shit like this to kick up extra attendance for his Vegas run. People would be more excited to see him solo if they knew he's not just between Van Halen tours.

This band DOES treat their fans like shit. Not Dave necessarily...but the band. The Van Halen brothers.

LED ZEPPELIN is considered one of the most private and non-productive bands about opening up their archives and giving fans stuff about which they've been dreaming for years...at least until recently. Yet, VAN HALEN is even worse. The 6-pack keeps getting re-released. No bonus tracks. No unreleased songs. No concert vids. No live albums from the classic days. No Oakland '81. No other Blu-ray. Nothing. It's a joke. They keep living the fantasy that each song on each album was done in one take, there were no songs left off any album, none of the concerts were filmed or recorded, there is no worthwhile documentary footage, etc.

If they wanna keep fans satiated while they sit around the house masturbating and eating corn chips, they should put out a big box set with Blu-rays, CDs...full of original footage, home movies, concert footage, unreleased songs... The fans would leave them alone for a while. Fuck it, I'd rather a box set like that than another tour.

But they would only put something out if Eddie put it together (control-freak)...and Ed clearly doesn't like working.

Mind you, in a lot of spaces in my own life, I've been in hiding. Been living very comfortably, relaxing...staying out of the limelight...getting back to people after a few days (weeks)... I can understand the mentality of a hermit.

But I don't have a few million fans.

Some fans hated TOKYO DOME. I loved it. No overdubs...warts 'n' all...VH in all their glory for better or worse.

But now it's time to released something truly classic...while they keep hiding in their Hollywood cave.

So they're not touring anymore? No shit. We all knew that.
                          Rikk, you no good bastard son of a mutherfucking bitch!!!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk
                          Roth Army Icon
                          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Rikk
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

NATRA, this here motherfucking bitch is glad to see ya.
                            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                              Rikk, you no good bastard son of a mutherfucking bitch!!!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk
                              You can't talk to RIKK like that! Only I can...

Comment

• Rikk
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                                You can't talk to RIKK like that! Only I can...
                                You certainly can, my friend. One of the few Pen originals left, if I'm correct? I see Bueno Bob, Matt White, the counselor and POJO on Facebook...but who's left from the Pen?
                                Roth Army Militia

Comment

Working...