No announcement yet.

Dave says "Van Halen is finished."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pen™ operates on a similar timetable as Ed... whenever give a fuck happens by... Pants off™

Nice to see you posting Rikk©! Been a while, pal.

I've been traveling and given this latest chapter some thought and have browsed some of the fan comments...

My assessment: Eddie and Alex have no business commitment with any entity left in what constitutes the "music industry" to produce music in any form or do a damn thing. The only thing that would get them out of their houses would be motivation to perform while they still can, money, or just their love of music... key word is "motivation" which they clearly lack... either through musical passion, contractual obligation or financial need...

Not interested and lazy is the easy road and comfy, familiar territory for those boys... Why hassle it..?

I don't buy into any delusions of the Van Halens desiring to work with any other past members or form any new musical partnerships with anyone, ever... That's really the one smart move they have going for them! There's no superior musical chemistry on earth nor the history of mankind than Diamond Dave teamed up with Ed's guitar, Alex's thunder and the Bass Player™, bless his heart... If ya can't make it great... why fucking do it..?

Dave seems to have tapped a musical motivation... warts, bad back, yelps, lack of melody, creepy old trollness and a markedly sub-standard, yet affordable, backing band aside... Good for him! The old fucker still has it in him and ain't ready to give in to the inevitable running out of time... no one gets out alive, but don't quit livin...

Roth on...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Originally posted by ZahZoo View Post
      Roth on...
      Indeed.

I said it before: this is a Roth. People saying they're uninterested in a VH with Roth project because the bass player ain't there just doesn't make much sense to me. If anyone can sit through Backyard BBQ, go to some Sam 'n' Dave tour, pray for the EAT 'EM AND SMILE line-up to return, then they can dig Dave and Ed making music again, even without the bass player.

I'm sure I'm like a lot of fans left here in that I simply don't care as much as I used to.

In '96, the prospect of VH getting back together after 10 years gone was life-changing. I was only 21. It was huge news. Meant the whole world to me.

'07 and '12 were great...but I was on the verge of starting a family then, I was into so much music...it felt right and it was great. But it wasn't a highlight of my life. I was glad to get a new LP and see Dave onstage with the brothers. I've seen it 3 times now and got the one CD. If there's more, bonus. If not, a lot of things excite me in my life now.

Been through enough bad shit in my life to recognize that a band reuniting will never be a highlight of said life.
      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

What was that 'ol saying?

Yes....

DAVE OR THE GRAVE!

Roth on...
        =V V=
        ole No.1 The finest
        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Originally posted by Nickdfresh View Post
          You can't talk to RIKK like that! Only I can...
          Yeah, fuck you!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk
          Roth Army Icon
          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

Originally posted by Rikk View Post
            You certainly can, my friend. One of the few Pen originals left, if I'm correct? I see Bueno Bob, Matt White, the counselor and POJO on Facebook...but who's left from the Pen?
            I hate FB...Twitter...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk
            Roth Army Icon
            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

Originally posted by ZahZoo View Post
              The Pen™ operates on a similar timetable as Ed... whenever give a fuck happens by... Pants off™

Nice to see you posting Rikk©! Been a while, pal.

I've been traveling and given this latest chapter some thought and have browsed some of the fan comments...

My assessment: Eddie and Alex have no business commitment with any entity left in what constitutes the "music industry" to produce music in any form or do a damn thing. The only thing that would get them out of their houses would be motivation to perform while they still can, money, or just their love of music... key word is "motivation" which they clearly lack... either through musical passion, contractual obligation or financial need...

Not interested and lazy is the easy road and comfy, familiar territory for those boys... Why hassle it..?

I don't buy into any delusions of the Van Halens desiring to work with any other past members or form any new musical partnerships with anyone, ever... That's really the one smart move they have going for them! There's no superior musical chemistry on earth nor the history of mankind than Diamond Dave teamed up with Ed's guitar, Alex's thunder and the Bass Player™, bless his heart... If ya can't make it great... why fucking do it..?

Dave seems to have tapped a musical motivation... warts, bad back, yelps, lack of melody, creepy old trollness and a markedly sub-standard, yet affordable, backing band aside... Good for him! The old fucker still has it in him and ain't ready to give in to the inevitable running out of time... no one gets out alive, but don't quit livin...

Roth on...
              Good points! None of those guys have anything to prove. They all are rock legends. Dave can flash the traffic on the Las Vegas strip for all I care.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

I really wonder what happened behind the scenes with these guys. Unfortunately there is no Noel Monk to dish the inside info...

Comment

That latest interview Roth stresses finished due to medical, spiritual or judicial reasons...

I'll take what's behind door number 1...
                  "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Rikk, you said everything in that post!
                    Last edited by BumBahDeeDah; 10-06-2019, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Romeo Delight View Post
                      I really don't understand why Dave would think that 2 or 3 guitarists is a good way to play Classic Van Halen. I don't know who he is surrounded by nowadays I think it used to be Ray Luzier would find the musicians but at this point even I know of at least a few guitarists from who could do this gig really well on their own and finding a Michael Antony stand-in cannot be that difficult.

Comment

On Blabbermouth...

TOTO guitarist Steve Lukather has confirmed that "health issues" are at least partly to blame for VAN HALEN's summer touring plans not materializing this year.

A longtime friend of Eddie Van Halen, Lukather addressed the rumors about the iconic guitarist's physical well-being just days before singer David Lee Roth said in an interview that he believes the classic lineup of VAN HALEN is over.

Lukather was asked about VAN HALEN's status during an appearance on a recent episode of "The Eddie Trunk Podcast". He said: "I love Ed and Alex [Van Halen]; they've been friends of mine for 40 years. I'm still friends with Mike [Anthony]. I love all those guys. I'm Switzerland, man. I don't get in the middle of all that.

"I look you right in the eye and say, listen, I've been in contact with Ed. We text all the time. I really can't say much, man. I don't wanna say anything.

"Everybody wants VAN HALEN back — nobody more than me, 'cause I still think they're one of the greatest rock and roll bands of all time," he continued. "Eddie changed the planet [with his guitar playing].

"Him and Alex are sitting there laying back and they're waiting to see what happens next. I think they're on a hiatus. There's been some health issues that they're dealing with and stuff like that. We're older guys now, and to go on the road, and stuff like that, it requires a lot of extra effort in terms of as a human being.

"All I'm gonna say is I don't think there's any drama issues that are keeping them from working right now," Steve added. "I'm not the guy to say anything. I love those brothers so much and we've always had a great relationship. I'm a big fan and also adore them as human beings."

VAN HALEN last performed on October 4, 2015 at L.A.'s Hollywood Bowl. In August, during a chat with Phoenix's KSLX, Roth declared "I'm the face of VAN HALEN from this point on, most likely. I'm not sure what's happening with Ed, but he's probably not gonna answer the bell this time. It's not my place to guess."

Earlier this year, rumors were rampant that the classic-era lineup of VAN HALEN would reunite for the first time since 1984. It's unclear why the tour didn't happen, though there has been online chatter that a health setback involving Eddie Van Halen might have been responsible.

The guitarist was treated for tongue cancer in 2000, resulting in surgery which removed a third of his tongue. He was declared cancer-free in 2002.

In 2012, Eddie Van Halen underwent emergency surgery, having been suffering from a severe case of diverticulitis. The disease is a digestive disorder which involves an inflammation and infection of the colon.

Roth reunited with VAN HALEN in 2007 after 23 years apart and released a comeback album, "A Different Kind Of Truth", in 2012.

TOTO guitarist Steve Lukather has confirmed that "health issues" are at least partly to blame for VAN HALEN's summer touring plans not materializing this year. A longtime friend of Eddie Van Halen, Lukather addressed the rumors about the iconic guitarist's physical well-being just days before singer...
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Getting closer to a different kind of truth.........
                          sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

Van Halen was a high energy band. Hard to do when you got stiffness and aches and pains you didn’t have before. Dave thinks he still can do it but he can’t. Maybe Ed and Alex are smart enough to leave when everyone is asking where are they instead of when people are saying please go! You suck!
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Originally posted by Nitro Express View Post
                              Maybe Ed and Alex are smart enough to leave when everyone is asking where are they instead of when people are saying please go! You suck!
                              You sound damn right Nitro.

Now in that perspective how far will Dave push it further...
                              Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 10-09-2019, 06:51 AM.
                              posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

Working...
                              X