Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

2004 was just a (second?) rebuild if I remember right it started in 1999.

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
      I think I haven’t posted as much here in recent years because I think I’ve completely run out of ways to voice my disappointment in my favorite band. When Ed gave that interview around 2015, claiming the original 25 song demo was lost and no one in the band wanted to go through their live recordings and choose best performances, so they went with the lackluster Tokyo show, I pretty much gave up hope on them ever bringing me joy again. I do look forward to the release of the John 5 project. That’ll most definitely spark some up some decent discussions.
      I'd be interested in hearing the John 5 stuff.

Far, far more interested in that than Dave's upcoming Vegas stint.

I'm cognizant that, in terms of selling tickets, Roth needs to do the Classic Van Halen Experience featuring David Lee Roth, because CVH is what the general public (or the non diehard Roth fans) are willing to pay to see and hear.

I was hopeful that Roth being back with the band would result in the band trying to hunt down, clean up and restore whatever CVH footage has been floating around in bootlegged form for decades and put out an official release of THAT stuff, where they could have put out a multi-dvd set and had the Tokyo Dome show as a bonus disc. Far whatever reason(s), the band opted not to do that and now even dvds are pretty much obsolete, anyway. Because, realistically, how hard would it have been to have sifted through that old CVH footage in terms of time? It wasn't as if the band were working at a furious, breakneck pace since Roth rejoined.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• ThatArtGuy
        Foot Soldier
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        2004 was just a (second?) rebuild if I remember right it started in 1999.
        That would be correct. I remember doing the graphics for the old site. (I cringe at them now.)

TAG
        I brought my pencil!!!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I prefer the old gray and yellow myself...

Comment

• Never was
            Foot Soldier
            • May 2012

some meltdowns followed by years of zero band activity this is the result.

Comment

• Funkmonkey
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2004

I may be the harbinger of death, or possibly rebirth, for this site; I haven't figured that one out yet. But I need a rabbit with a pancake on it's head. I must have it. Pass the syrup.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Reminder... this is a DLR site...

"If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Funkmonkey
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2004

YES! Bring me my banana you furry bunny! Oh baby, you know what I like!

Comment

• Viking
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                    Good point.

I've come back and have been posting recently. But really it does seem like a ghost town.

Maybe some of us got old and don't have time to sit here and chat anymore. LOL
                    Yup. I was one of the hardcore ones from back in the fuckin' 90's on this site. A forum mod. I go back to the old Slawterhouse days. I'd stick my dick in a lightbulb socket if I thought I'd get a nut.

Then I got old. Going gray, got a mortgage, got grandkids, got sick, and retired on full SSA disability. I come by here once in a blue moon to stop geezing for a moment and remember what was. I guess most of the Old Guard hung up their armor and got on with life as well. Fuck the New Normal, I'd like the Old Normal back. But nothing's static. One day I expect to click on the site and get a 503 error. Been good knowing ya, boys.

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                      Veteran
                      • May 2004

Originally posted by Viking
                      Yup. I was one of the hardcore ones from back in the fuckin' 90's on this site. A forum mod. I go back to the old Slawterhouse days. I'd stick my dick in a lightbulb socket if I thought I'd get a nut.

Then I got old. Going gray, got a mortgage, got grandkids, got sick, and retired on full SSA disability. I come by here once in a blue moon to stop geezing for a moment and remember what was. I guess most of the Old Guard hung up their armor and got on with life as well. Fuck the New Normal, I'd like the Old Normal back. But nothing's static. One day I expect to click on the site and get a 503 error. Been good knowing ya, boys.

I was also one of the first Slawterhouse lunatics. I don't recall my user name. I remember busting on FORD non-stop.

VH and DLR are both done. They just haven't been respectful enough to the fans to announce it.

Unless DLR does something meaningful soon, we're all done knowing each other.

What the fuck is DLR waiting for?

He was writing his next book THE TAO of DAVE over a decade ago. Instead of finishing it, he's drawing half-assed cartoons.

What about the John 5 album?

Meanwhile, we can all to VHND and watch re-cycled shit they've posted every 6 months for the past 8 years.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
                        I was also one of the first Slawterhouse lunatics. I don't recall my user name. I remember busting on FORD non-stop.

VH and DLR are both done. They just haven't been respectful enough to the fans to announce it.
                        I think DLR or Wookie Nugget or Senior Cunt or whatever the fuck he goes by these days did actually kinda say we're done!

Comment

• speedtruckermf
                          Groupie
                          • Mar 2004

Good time to get my yearly post in. Been here since 2004. I got tired of people bitchin about how bad Dave is. On a Dave forum.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I understand there was a time when it got really out of hand but we don't censor opinions here. Weird sometimes that YouTube comments were way more positive than on his 'fan' site.

I think he has to take some of the blame for that himself though...

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Funkmonkey
                              I may be the harbinger of death, or possibly rebirth, for this site.
                              I'm wagering neither.
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire

Unless DLR does something meaningful soon, we're all done knowing each other.

What the fuck is DLR waiting for?

He was writing his next book THE TAO of DAVE over a decade ago. Instead of finishing it, he's drawing half-assed cartoons.

What about the John 5 album?

Meanwhile, we can all to VHND and watch re-cycled shit they've posted every 6 months for the past 8 years.
                                It's been quite awhile since Dave did anything meaningful...at least in terms of anything new, which is how I'd define meaningful. Not since...the ADKOT album...where at least there were new lyrics written for the old demo tracks.

All I've heard new since then has been the Ain't No Sunshine At Christmas or whatever the name of that track was that got posted a year or so ago. Outside of that, Dave put his name to a tattoo wax and did a Vegas stint and several opening dates for KISS before covid shut down the tour...and the Vegas/KISS gigs were old tracks, a good chunk of which Roth had been playing with Van Halen since 2007.

With that track record of the last 13 years or so, it's just...fruitless to even be a fan of Dave in contemporary terms: he hasn't been doing much, and the pace isn't likely to accelerate anytime soon and probably not at all.

I'd agree that Van Halen are done. In essence, they've been done since 1999. The last few tours with Roth were a decent coda, in that at least Ed eventually got his shit together and got his chops back, and if nothing else that put a more positive finish on it than had the band called it quits after the 2004 tour.

I suppose there hasn't been a retirement announcement because the band are keeping their options open going forward, but the fact of the matter is Ed has had long term health issues which appear to be catching up with him in a bad way. I'd be surprised if the band does anything in terms of appearances going forward, much less a CVH reunion.
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...