• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David'sPeeBroth
    Full On Cocktard
    • Mar 2015

What happened to this site?

What happened? Did everyone keel over?

There are more people listening to the Tokyo live album than are on this site...and THAT is difficult to do!
  • Vinnie Velvet
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Good point.

I've come back and have been posting recently. But really it does seem like a ghost town.

Maybe some of us got old and don't have time to sit here and chat anymore. LOL
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Use it or lose it...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by David'sPeeBroth
        What happened? Did everyone keel over?

There are more people listening to the Tokyo live album than are on this site...and THAT is difficult to do!
        They're all busy fucking your mom?

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
          Head Fluffer
          • Mar 2004

Even Disc One? Whoa.

No news, nothing to talk about, and when there is news, it just more than likely is annoying disappointing or brings out the annoying people. When the John 5 collaboration drops, Maybe it'll get noisier here.

Comment

• David'sPeeBroth
            Full On Cocktard
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
            They're all busy fucking your mom?
            Nah, ya'll would only hit 'er up the poopchute if she looked like this...

Attached Files

Comment

• Vony
              Full On Cocktard
              • Apr 2014

When Ed's dead, people will come over, posting how gutted they are and how EVH is going to be missed. All bullshit, of course.
              I say he won't see 2020, so things are looking good for Rotharmy.com!!
              Unless, of course, nobody gives a shit anymore for this message board. Which wouldn't surprise me in the least, with social media and all that...

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Stay frosty

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk
                Roth Army Icon
                First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The site represents what the artist has been delivering... not a lot. There's that direct effect in play... artist sits around on his lazy ass, fans find other ways to amuse themselves. Dave and the Van Halen boys missed a key concept in the 21st century. People aren't patient or forgiving enough to bother with waiting 3-5 years for something new. They don't even remember what happened 3 months ago...

A few notable former members have passed on but the rest of the jackasses and amazing personalities are still making life interesting wherever they are.

You get out of it what you put into it... I challenge anyone reading this... Step it up while it's still here!!
                  "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

When you consider that this site has been up since...what, 2004?

And what have Van Halen from 2004 to today?

A tour with Hagar.

Another Best Of with some new Hagar tracks.

A tour with Roth.

A studio album, half of which was reworked 35 year old demos.

A tour with Roth.

A live album.

Another tour with Roth.

For Dave, you can add on the stint as Stern's terrestrial radio replacement, some solo shows and...Van Strummin' (?)

For 15 years, that's a meager output, and most of THAT output was concentrated on performing the back catalog (and I have as yet to hear ANYONE claim that any of the tours with Roth were anywhere near as good as when CVH was killing it). As Zoo says, people have lives to lead (one has to do SOMETHING to fill in the years waiting for the Van Halens and Dave to do...anything).

Indifference breeds apathy. Personally, I still enjoy coming here more to read what the longtime site members are up to than out of any Van Halen-inspired reason: that band has - let's be honest - pretty much over since they blew the Roth reunion in 1996. Roth went on to do some interesting stuff after 1996 - mostly between 1996 and 2003 - but Van Halen...yeah, they finally got their shit together and got it up for a few decent-to-good tours with Dave, but I'm not mistaking what that actually means.
                    Last edited by Terry; 10-12-2019, 09:52 PM.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I think I haven’t posted as much here in recent years because I think I’ve completely run out of ways to voice my disappointment in my favorite band. When Ed gave that interview around 2015, claiming the original 25 song demo was lost and no one in the band wanted to go through their live recordings and choose best performances, so they went with the lackluster Tokyo show, I pretty much gave up hope on them ever bringing me joy again. I do look forward to the release of the John 5 project. That’ll most definitely spark some up some decent discussions.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Strangely enough that's how your mom looks, plus 50 lbs. that is...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I think I made some Linker Twinkers mad...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

If you put a bag over your head and breath deeply while thinking about donald trump, I'm sure you'd fuck it...

Comment

• ZahZoo
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

This site should be approaching it's 20 year anniversary... the 2004 dates on user accounts are due the site requiring a full rebuild after a notable night of coke, ho's and excessive drinking™... the hosting server didn't make it to sunrise...
                              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...