X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • So this is love
    Veteran
    • Jan 2012

EVH News

I read this earlier this week... Any more details?

As rumours swirl that Eddie Van Halen is very ill and suffering from an unconfirmed illness, those close to him – including one particular pretty woman – have…
    Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by So this is love
    I read this earlier this week... Any more details?

https://montrealgazette.com/entertai...0-7a67653d790d
    Bullshit judging from the Dave quoting

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• David'sPeeBroth
      Full On Cocktard
      • Mar 2015

I just hope we get to hear the 17 hours worth of studio demo outtakes of "How Many Say I" before Ed goes to that great mullet graveyard in the sky.

Comment

• ZahZoo
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

From the article...

Though former front man David Lee Roth recently claimed in a radio interview that Van Halen was near death – possibly battling a return of the tongue cancer that almost killed him in 2000 — he was recently spotted at a Hollywood bar. He had very short hair and wore sunglasses, and was not drinking at the bar.
        Fake news™...
        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• So this is love
          Veteran
          • Jan 2012

How about this? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...itar-pick.html

Comment

• So this is love
            Veteran
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by So this is love
            Metal guitar picks...lol...he meant too many pussies...

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

TMZ, too

Eddie Van Halen has been flying between the United States and Germany to get treatment for throat cancer ... and we've learned he's been doing it very quietly for years.

As for how Eddie developed the cancer ... we're told he believes it's from a metal guitar pick he used more than 20 years ago. Seems Eddie would cradle the pick in his mouth, and he's been told that could well have been the source of the cancer, despite the fact he was a heavy smoker. Back in 2000, shortly after he was diagnosed, doctors removed around 1/3 of his tongue.

Eddie was diagnosed nearly 20 years ago. Sources with direct knowledge tell us ... over the years there were times some of the cancer cells migrated down to his throat, and doctors would scrape them out.

Our sources say ... Eddie has flown to Germany for 5 years to get radiation treatment, and for the most part it's worked to keep the disease in check.

As for his current condition ... there are lots of rumors, but people who know him say he's seems to be doing okay -- at least on the surface.
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• So this is love
                Veteran
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by twonabomber
                TMZ, too

Eddie Van Halen has been flying between the United States and Germany to get treatment for throat cancer ... and we've learned he's been doing it very quietly for years.

As for how Eddie developed the cancer ... we're told he believes it's from a metal guitar pick he used more than 20 years ago. Seems Eddie would cradle the pick in his mouth, and he's been told that could well have been the source of the cancer, despite the fact he was a heavy smoker. Back in 2000, shortly after he was diagnosed, doctors removed around 1/3 of his tongue.

Eddie was diagnosed nearly 20 years ago. Sources with direct knowledge tell us ... over the years there were times some of the cancer cells migrated down to his throat, and doctors would scrape them out.

Our sources say ... Eddie has flown to Germany for 5 years to get radiation treatment, and for the most part it's worked to keep the disease in check.

As for his current condition ... there are lots of rumors, but people who know him say he's seems to be doing okay -- at least on the surface.
                I wish Edward well and a full recovery if all of this is true...but the metal guitar pick thing reminded me of his humor ala I am boiling my strings... or the one instance where he went to his manager (before marrying Valerie) asking if it was possible to get a woman pregnant from a blowjob (from VH rising).

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Yeah I hope he was joking but I doubt it.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I'm skeptical... the metal guitar pick crap came from 2002. I'm sure smoking and heavy drinking had nothing to do with it...

The trips to Germany for radiation treatment originally surfaced in 2012 and he claimed they cleaned that up too.

Cancer is a beast... plus it's Edward's personal business. I'll remain optimistic he's just got typical age related issues that make not touring/performing a common sense choice and not some dire ailment taking him out at this phase in life. Plus... all this talk of EVH... Alex is the older brother...
                    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                      I'm skeptical... the metal guitar pick crap came from 2002. I'm sure smoking and heavy drinking had nothing to do with it...

The trips to Germany for radiation treatment originally surfaced in 2012 and he claimed they cleaned that up too.

Cancer is a beast... plus it's Edward's personal business. I'll remain optimistic he's just got typical age related issues that make not touring/performing a common sense choice and not some dire ailment taking him out at this phase in life. Plus... all this talk of EVH... Alex is the older brother...
                      Hadn't heard about the trips to Germany for radiation treatment prior to the last couple of days, although I had assumed all along Ed was getting treated for cancer somewhere, even if he has been in remission...I assume even those in remission are still on some sort of treatment.

I couldn't agree more that all of this is Edward's personal business as to if he wants to address it publicly, or not, or whatever.

To be sure, Van Halen's habit over the last 20 years of not saying much of anything was at times irksome as a fan...but more and more I actually kinda grew to appreciate the band NOT saying anything unless they were DOING something. Because, honestly, in terms of the Van Halens, what is there really to SAY anymore? I've always been far more interested in what Ed was playing than anything he was ever saying, even back in the day. Don't really have much interest in anything Wolfgang has to say...not a slam against the kid, but I just have no interest. Pretty much the same goes for Alex.

If Van Halen isn't playing music, little to nothing of anything they could say is of real interest to me at this point. Like, I remember when ADKOT came out and I bought the 2 disc collection with the interview disc where Dave was interviewing Ed and Al, and by and large Ed and Al were boring as fuck to listen to...to the point where I think I didn't even make it to the end of the interviews. Which is as it should be, because Ed is a guitar player and Al is a drummer.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Like, did we really need lengthy, periodic commentary from Ed, Al or Wolfie re: the band not doing anything post-2015? Did anybody need to have any of those guys deliver a lengthy discourse or a Van Halen State Of The Band to announce that nothing new was going to be happening for the upcoming year?
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It shows the complete fucking shitty nature of these publications that the subheading on TMZ is 'It All Started With Metal Guitar Pick'

I seriously doubt there are any real treatments available for throat cancer in Germany that you can't get in the US which does make you worry he is not treatable and falling for some quack or desperate shit although the traditional place for fleecing cancer patients is Mexico not Germany. He does fit the gullible bill for that kind of scam - electromagnetic woo in the studio gave him cancer not smoking like fuck at all times forever with the added booze multiplier?

That said there is enough shit in the article and there only is one article that the others are all copying, that maybe it's nonsense.

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

And the way TMZ (I guess it's not really employees, just hacks with cameras hanging around) stalks LAX, how has no one seen Ed there yet? He can't be that unrecognizable.

The metal pick thing reminds me of all the other shit..."I don't use a tuner, I tune the guitar to itself!"
                            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by David'sPeeBroth
                              I just hope we get to hear the 17 hours worth of studio demo outtakes of "How Many Say I" before Ed goes to that great mullet graveyard in the sky.
                              Okay that's funny...

Comment

Working...