Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    It’s a pretty shitty world. Usually people don’t care unless they get caught or their bowl of Cheerios gets pissed in. Tell people what they want to hear and then rob them blind. It’s all showbiz.

Maybe Kanye West’s God will save us. Kanye for president!

Closed on Sunday...

You my Chic-Fil-A...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:59 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Take care bro!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. Thanked Jérôme Frenchise for this KICKASS post:

Jetstream (11-02-2019)

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:59 PM
    Status
    Thanks

[QUOTE=bluemustard;1941035]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jérôme Frenchise View Post
    free for the next 9 months!
    haven't drank or smoked for 4 months..did have one joint and 2 whiskeys on the 2019 UK tour LOL
    Hold on and take care, mustard bro!

5. Thanked Jérôme Frenchise for this KICKASS post:

bluemustard (11-03-2019)

blueretard
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-04-2021 @ 12:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Jérôme Frenchise;1941040]
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemustard View Post

Hold on and take care, mustard bro!
    Thanks Jérôme! All good bro! I got a hot chick doctor too hahahah she checks my bladder through my weener every 3 months but she said come back in 9 months..it's all ok..it's all clean and good. All ready for 2020 UK tour and recording on my old 8 track.Shredding as usual! But a fucked up disease..nobody deserves such a thing. Hope Eddie is ok. roth on!

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Ed is fine, he just does not want to do jack shit so that is what does jack shit. His prerogative but yeah blows

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    And I'm not...really sure if Dave has much left to bring to the table for me anymore, either...

I mean, I can't say as Roth hiring a new bunch of musicians and doing a House of Blues residency where he is doing CVH material...it all seems...it's not even more of the same in terms of what Roth has been doing the last 12 years, because the difference is now Roth isn't even performing the tunes with the Van Halens.

My reaction would doubtless be less "meh" if Dave were doing this with, say, the EEAS band. Or even if Dave had got Luzier back into the fold, maybe along with John 5, or Brian...and Roth was willing to give some of his lesser known deep cut solo material a live airing along with the predictable CVH stuff. As is, this just looks a bit too safe and predictable for me to get enthused...certainly not enthused enough to trek to Vegas to see it although were Roth playing somewhere closer to home I could imagine going for a few drinks and a few chuckles.

Like, what Roth was trying to do in Vegas in 1995 was sort of reinvent himself and redress his image. From all appearances, THIS Vegas stint smacks of CVH nostalgia cabaret, minus the attraction of Roth doing it with the Van Halens.

I suppose none of it really matters, but...it's just odd to think of Van Halen and Roth in terms of neither of them really mattering. Mostly because those guys to me represented the pinnacle of rock back in the early 1980s when rock really mattered to me the most. I suppose I should just lower the expectations I have from them with age (lord knows both Roth AND the Van Halens have given me plenty of reasons post-1985 TO lower my expectations), but, then again, why the fuck should I settle for less?

I guess my problem is that when I hear the 6 pack, the stuff still moves me as much as it ever did, whereas a lot of what Roth and the Van Halens have done in the last twenty five years hasn't. I guess my problem is I liked the band and the music TOO much back in the CVH days, to the point where whatever Roth and the Van Halens have done post-1985 has (by and large) fallen short...and I'm just still not willing to shrug my shoulders and accept a lesser result from any of those guys without criticism or complaint.

In particular, I think Ed squandered his talents more and more with each passing year after Dave left in 1985, and definitely since the Van Halen III lineup folded. Doubtless health issues, personal issues and the like were obstacles, but Ed just...he grew content to do nothing and live off the spectacular guitar work he regularly turned out back in the day. Definitely made complacent by his own success.
    By the time Dave returned there simply was not much left of Ed. Wasted so many good years w the fat toad Hagar belting out Menudo like quality shit

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Never was View Post
    By the time Dave returned there simply was not much left of Ed. Wasted so many good years w the fat toad Hagar belting out Menudo like quality shit
    Well, I'd say by the time Roth returned to the fold in late 2006...the decade between 1996 and 2006 wasn't what anybody would describe as having been a good one for Ed.

The whole band were on the wrong side of 40 in 1996 to futz around for ten years before giving it another shot, and doubtless those ten years chipped away a bit more of the drive and ability.

What Roth did with Van Halen from 2007 through 2015 was about as good as could have been expected, considering the age, wear and tear, drug and alcohol abuse, etc. Ed eventually pulled his shit together, and whatever the result one can't say Roth came up short due to a lack of trying...

It just took too long for them to get it together for the net result to be anything particularly stellar. Quite good at points, but there you have it.

blueretard
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-04-2021 @ 12:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Thread Information