Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It should be law that every time someone is introduced as a 'Grammy Award Winner' that they should have to say 'as is Beyoncé and Jay Z's 12 year old daughter'.

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

OK...what Liam Gallagher did this morning is awesome.

"Fuck the Rock n Roll hall of fame its full of BUMBACLARTS LG x," Oasis singer Liam Gallagher wrote on X, making clear his feelings on the matter. ("Bumbaclart" is a Jamaican derogatory term that literally means "ass cloth.")
      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Warham
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Stone Temple Pilots should be in the Hall too. Eligible since 2017. Had a #1 album in Purple, “Interstate Love Song” was the #1 Mainstream Rock Song for a record (at the time) 14 weeks. Millions of sales.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Nov 2004

I don't understand how the J. Geils Band aren't inducted yet.
          They were among the best performers in the 1970s and their albums produced by Bill Szymczyk were awesome.
          They did two tremendous live albums in 4 years, each recorded in Detroit.
          Guitarist J. Geils died some 7 years ago. Maybe the other five don't give a fuck about the Rock Hall,
          I don't know, but the JGB should really have been induct for a long time already.
          They induct non-rock acts while true, prominent rock 'n' roll bands are ignored.
          It definitely means nothing.
          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
            Stone Temple Pilots should be in the Hall too. Eligible since 2017. Had a #1 album in Purple, “Interstate Love Song” was the #1 Mainstream Rock Song for a record (at the time) 14 weeks. Millions of sales.
            Definitely influential and should be inducted.

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
            I don't understand how the J. Geils Band aren't inducted yet.
            They were among the best performers in the 1970s and their albums produced by Bill Szymczyk were awesome.
            They did two tremendous live albums in 4 years, each recorded in Detroit.
            Guitarist J. Geils died some 7 years ago. Maybe the other five don't give a fuck about the Rock Hall,
            I don't know, but the JGB should really have been induct for a long time already.
            They induct non-rock acts while true, prominent rock 'n' roll bands are ignored.
            It definitely means nothing.
            Geils has been nominated at least once. They were huge in the midwest. But are they influential?
            Last edited by twonabomber; 02-18-2024, 11:51 AM.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
              Geils has been nominated at least once. They were huge in the midwest. But are they influential?
              I'd say so. If you happen to like sexist predictable trad rock with a tinge of Phil Spector influence and East Coast shtick.

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Fuck off, Boomer Vomit

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                  Fuck off, Boomer Vomit

Eventually, every act is going to get in there anyway, so it's like...how outraged or whatever can I continue to feel when so and so gets nominated?
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Nov 2004

I'd say so. If you happen to like sexist predictable trad rock with a tinge of Phil Spector influence and East Coast shtick.
                    That's what the JGB was about, in a way, maybe. But they were a hell of a group who played so tight and really delivered. Predictable, but so efficient.

Winterland Ballroom, 1977, San Francisco, CA.John Geils (Guitar)Peter Wolf (Vocals)Magic Dick (Harmonica)Stephen Jo Bladd (Drums)Seth Justman (Keyboards)Dann...
                    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Catfish
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2004

Foreigner rules! One of the best live bands I've ever seen! (Not this bullshit they have going on now, I'm talking back in the day)

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

*sigh*

Another Boomer who never listened to anything after 1985.

Comment

• Von Halen
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Catfish
                          Foreigner rules! One of the best live bands I've ever seen! (Not this bullshit they have going on now, I'm talking back in the day)
                          I saw them the week after I saw Ozzy with Randy Rhoads, literally a week or two before the plane crash. After seeing Ozzy, Foreigner seemed like bubblegum pop music. But I can understand why you think they were so great, they're essentially the same type of music as Van Hagar and Mean Machine.

Comment

• Rikk
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                            Stone Temple Pilots and Soundgarden are the two bands from that scene that I STILL listen to with great regularity. I put on both of those bands as often as I put on VH.

Stone Temple Pilots were the kings of marrying amazing riffs with catchy vocal melodies. I saw them three times, but the last time was the best. I was in front row with my fiancée (now wife) two weeks before we got married. FRONT ROW at the Riviera in Chicago. The night before, Weiland had fucked up the Milwaukee show by getting drunk out of his mind before hitting the stage...so there was talk that the band was furious with him and the gig might be cancelled. We showed up, got to the front row and then realized that all the Vh1 trucks were there because the show was being filmed in HD and recorded on multi-track.

Our STP show ended up first showing as a one-hour special on Vh1 and then ended up being released as the WHOLE SHOW on Blu-Ray a year or so later...Stone Temple Pilots - ALIVE IN THE WINDY CITY. It was an absolutely killer show. Scott was sober, they played some not-so-often-played greats like HOLLYWOOD BITCH...and previewed four songs from their upcoming sixth album (simply titled STONE TEMPLE PILOTS).

Three years later, they kicked Scott out for good...and more than two years after that, Scott died.

I don't think STP have even been nominated...but they were easily one of the best bands to come out of the 90s. They turned their sort of grunge-copy sound from the first album into a truly unique, almost power-pop sound by their excellent third album SONGS FROM THE VATICAN GIFT SHOP.
                            Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                            Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Catfish
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2004

*sigh*

Another Boomer who never listened to anything after 1985.
                              Also the last time you got a proper dicking, I'd bet!

Comment

• Catfish
                                Sniper
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                                I saw them the week after I saw Ozzy with Randy Rhoads, literally a week or two before the plane crash. After seeing Ozzy, Foreigner seemed like bubblegum pop music. But I can understand why you think they were so great, they're essentially the same type of music as Van Hagar and Mean Machine.
                                I'll take the expert's word for it! Though you haven't been to a Mean Machine show but you've been to literally dozens of Van Hagar shows, probably with your pants off!

Comment

Working...