• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • silverfish
    Foot Soldier
    • Mar 2007

A post from another voter:

I’m Giving Up My Rock Hall Vote
    My invitation to join the organization’s selection committee seemed like a sign of change. It wasn’t.

My invitation to join the organization’s selection committee seemed like a sign of change. It wasn’t.
    Originally posted by sadaist
    I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

You mean the Hall of Lame.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Fan vote is something like less than a percent toward an artist's induction.

The George Michael fanbase just mobilized better than the others. Guy could sing though.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

I don’t see why people think it’s important that some board of schmucks decides their favorite act gets acknowledged. Seems very anti-rock and roll to me. Rock and Roll is raiding the place like a band of pirates.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

George Michael performed one song with the remains of Queen, and did a halfway decent job of it. I wouldn't say that should get him into the Rock n Roll hall of fame, but it's certainly more than fucking Whitney Houston ever did.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

George made some decent background music for the 80’s clubs. I can still taste the Stroh’s.

Comment

• silverfish
                Foot Soldier
                • Mar 2007

2023 Inductees:

Kate Bush
                Sheryl Crow
                Missy Elliott
                George Michael
                Willie Nelson
                Rage Against the Machine
                The Spinners

In addition, Chaka Khan, Al Kooper, and Bernie Taupin will be honored with the Rock & Roll Hall of
                Fame’s Musical Excellence Award. Meanwhile, DJ Kool Herc and Link Wray will receive the Musical
                Influence Award. The late creator and host of Soul Train Don Cornelius is this year’s recipient of
                the Ahmet Ertegun Award, which honors non-performing industry professionals.

Full story at:
                The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame class of 2023 includes Rage Against the Machine, Willie Nelson, and Missy Elliott. See the full list here.
                Originally posted by sadaist
                I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

It's the response to the "not enough women in the hall" complaints.
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Well, I'm not at all impressed.

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Who do they get to sing George Michael songs? Adam Lambert?

Comment

• So this is love
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2012

I'm not a huge fan of Iron Maiden, but they deserve to be inducted much more than most of these inductees.
                        Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Thankfully the organization has finally gotten woke, realized their past transgressions and nominated The Spinners...although justice won't be served until Needle Dig and the Bug Fuggers take their rightful place inside this hallowed ground.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Iron Maiden & Soundgarden can't get in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame before Missy Fucking Elliot??

Even by rap standards, that's just pathetically weak. Can't even name one of her songs, let alone make any sort of case how she's "influenced" anybody, in the sense that Run DMC, NWA, or Public Enemy have.

Willie Nelson isn't rock n roll either, of course. But the guest list of his recent 90th birthday concerts is evidence of how many rock n rollers love the guy, so I'm fine with him being there.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

That one Missy Elliott video was deemed "groundbreaking" and she might have gotten the MTV Video Vanguard award recently. Beyond that, I can't think of much she's done, either.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I barely know who the fuck she is...

Comment

Working...