Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:15 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,003 Posts

Blog Entries

EVH Art Series Guitars

This is probably what's behind the Charvel/Jackson/Fender rumors floating around. Appears the bodies and necks are being manufactured by Charvel.

http://www.evh-guitars.com/

It'll be interesting to see what these go for when the auctioning begins...

Picture is from July 7th show:
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

your mom
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-24-2004 @ 09:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Great post! Thanks for clarifying this for all of us. Just as an additional FYI: Anyone that manufactures guitars with Eddie style paint jobs will be sued by Eddie's lawyers. This came about when he switched to Peavey. People on eBay and custom shops have been producing these replica strats for years and nobody bothered them. It was Hartley Peavey that called Eddie's lawyer and demanded he take action. Eddie was not involved in this. If you try to sell a replica EVH guitar on eBay, most of the time the auction will be removed from the eBay database in a few days. Michael Charvel said Eddie loved the Wayne Charvel replicas and bought 7 of them personally from his shop. I have sold several EVH replic guitars and have run into some of these problems firsthand.
    Those pictures of Eddie making the guitars in his house are classic
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2014 @ 08:34 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah, I think this is actually a cool thing...not that I'll be able to afford one. So, I'm assuming that Peavey and Edward are still in cahoots, and the deal with Charvel is for replicas only. Is this correct?

your mom
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It looks that way right now. Just to clarify a point: Any company or individual that shows up on Eddie's lawyers' radar (via eBay, an Internet site or ad, etc) will receive a "cease and desist" letter from Eddie lawyers. Mike Charvel told me they even had to remove a photo from their website of Eddie simply holding one of the replicas from one of his visits to their shop. I guess a cool piece of Eddie paraphernalia would be one of the "cease and desist" letters!!!

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    This goes a long way to explaining the trademarking activity and Ed's legal challenges to replica makers and also to web sites using the stripe pattern. I'm sure some will disagree but it does change the perspective that it was just Ed being a jackass for clamping down on the use of the design...

I agree it's a cool thing especially if Ed has a hand in the actual production, although I suspect he's probably just doing the taping and has a crew doing the painting, finishing and assembly. Doubtful Ed's out in the garage with a can of Krylon paint every Sunday afternoon.

On the "Cease & Desist" order... Rol's who IMO was one of the top replica builders and most knowledgable is still around and posts over in the guitar room at links. He definately has a copy of the order plus whatever his legal team did in challenging the order when he was slapped down. Doubt he's post a copy but ya never know...

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    12-20-2010 @ 02:10 AM
    Status
    Thanks

as cool as these guitars are it totally goes against EVH's whole i hate going backward im always looking forward crap considering its been 15-25 since he played these guitars live on a regular basis. Hopefully he is getting ready for a "Real" VH tour.

"Fire In The Hole"
    Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    07-24-2004 @ 11:14 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Re: EVH Art Series Guitars

Originally posted by ZahZoo
    This is probably what's behind the Charvel/Jackson/Fender rumors floating around. Appears the bodies and necks are being manufactured by Charvel.

It'll be interesting to see what these go for when the auctioning begins...

Picture is from July 7th show:
    I already posts this:

Post # 81

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showt...039#post128039

It looks like this gslinger poster was right about the Fender-Charvel deal and Peavey parting company with Eddie.

Originally posted by gslinger
    Fender ownes Jackson Charvel Guitars that Eddie is going with. Deal was done by Fender executives..gs

----------------------
    Fender Aquires Jackson Charvel Guitar Co.

Press Release

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) is proud to announce today the creation of a new manufacturing subsidiary, to be called Jackson/Charvel Manufacturing, Inc. Consequently, Jackson/Charvel Manufacturing, Inc. has signed a deal to purchase specific assets of the Jackson/Charvel Guitar Company, which was a division of Akai Musical Instruments Corporation (AMIC). The acquisition, effective as of October 25, 2002, will include all existing inventory of products and trademarks relating to Jackson and Charvel.

The industrys leader in manufacturing and distribution of electric guitars and amplifiers with the Fender and Squier brand names, FMIC has continually sought to develop diverse and innovative products. With the addition of Jackson/Charvel Manufacturing, Inc. into the Fender fold, the company has the opportunity to produce and distribute new products, and to welcome a core consumer base geared more towards heavy metal and hard rock styles.

Says Bill Schultz, Chairman and CEO of FMIC, Throughout our history, weve embraced musicians of all styles by offering products to suit their needs. Jackson and Charvel products appeal to musicians that are not traditional Fender players, but who want a quality instrument made by people who know what their needs are. We are musicians, we know guitars, and we know how to get them to the guitarists of the world.

Both the Jackson and Charvel product lines consist of quality instruments with strong brand recognition and a rightful place in musical instrument history, adds Schultz. Many innovative product features and cutting edge artists are associated with these fine instruments, and with the creation of Jackson/Charvel Manufacturing, Inc., we are committed to exceeding their expectations in the areas of quality, service and market support.

Jackson/Charvel Manufacturing, Inc. will immediately begin to produce Jackson and Charvel products utilizing its existing production facility in Ontario, California for all American-made Jackson and Charvel guitars, as well as its custom orders. Additionally, Jackson/Charvel Manufacturing, Inc. will continue to produce guitars with its overseas manufacturing partners.

FMIC will then sell and distribute the products through a new inside telesales and field sales department under the direction of Jeff Cary, Vice President of Specialty Sales, and will utilize its existing network of global distributors and direct sales offices. AMIC product manager, Donnie Wade, will join Fender and will head up the marketing efforts.

This is great news for fans of Jackson and Charvel, says Marketing Manager, Donnie Wade. The guitars will remain with one of the most prestigious American manufacturers ever, one that is a progressive company and that will maintain the integrity that Jackson and Charvel has built throughout its years.

Jackson and Charvels existing retailers, which number around 400 in the United States, will still be able to carry the products and will be contacted directly by FMIC to ensure a trouble-free change over. Phone calls should be directed to Fender Specialty Sales at (480) 596-9690.

We have worked very hard over the past seventeen years to build a worldwide distribution network that offers quality instruments and excellent service to retailers and consumers, says Schultz. We are all very excited to have Jackson and Charvel within our family, and we look forward to working with the retailers that have supported these instruments throughout their history.

About Fender Musical Instruments Corporation Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) is the worlds foremost manufacturer of guitars, amplifiers, and related equipment. Since 1946, the name Fender has become synonymous with all things rock n roll: from Buddy Holly to Jimi Hendrix to Eric Clapton to Kurt Cobain and everything in between. Fenders iconic instruments such the Telecaster, Stratocaster, Precision Bass and Jazz Bass guitars are known the world over as the instruments that started the rock revolution, and they continue to be highly prized among todays guitarists and collectors alike. Corporate headquarters are located in Scottsdale, AZ, with manufacturing headquarters and the world-renowned Fender Custom Shop in Corona, CA. FMIC markets using the brand names Fender, Squier, Guild, Benedetto, Jackson, Charvel, Floyd Rose, and Rodriguez. For more information, contact Fender Musical Instruments Corporation, 8860 East Chaparral Road, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ 85250, (480) 596-9690, or visit our Web site at www.fender.com.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Re: Re: EVH Art Series Guitars

Originally posted by justaxxxgirl
    I already posts this:

Post # 81

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showt...039#post128039

It looks like this gslinger poster was right about the Fender-Charvel deal and Peavey parting company with Eddie.

The Charvel connection was correct. Ed is not parting ways with Peavey. This was confirmed on the VHML by Starks.

Formerly Tormented VH Fan
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-30-2012 @ 08:45 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Damn, did you see the pics of Eddie building the guitars? I've gotta have one of those...

"Fire In The Hole"
    Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Re: Re: Re: EVH Art Series Guitars

Originally posted by ZahZoo
    The Charvel connection was correct. Ed is not parting ways with Peavey. This was confirmed on the VHML by Starks.
    I'm sorry, you don't know what you are talking about.

Please read

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showt...0&pagenumber=3

Posts 81 - 87

your mom
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by SoCalChelle
    Damn, did you see the pics of Eddie building the guitars? I've gotta have one of those...
    I wonder which stripe jobs will be cooler - the ones by sober Eddie or the Van Heineken models?

I think the Van Heineken models may be more interesting...

"Fire In The Hole"
    Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I will just repost my comments from the Peavey thread here, make it easier for everyone.

Originally posted by Roth kills Sam
    I don't think anyone would really put a lot of faith in Brad Starks. From what I have heard 1,000 times is just that EVH is contractually obligated to Peavey until the end of this tour. How in the world could he possibly be aligned with stupid Peavey after all of the proof to the contrary? All signs point to a separation from Peavey before the end of 2004
    Brad Starks is dead wrong, and is a bigger liar than Sammy Hagar.

My husband knows Hartley Peavey well and was very close to his wife Melia Peavey before she passes away March 1998.

Eddie's contract with Peavey has expired and they opted not to renew. Van Halen's Tour promoter Clear Channel Entertainment has put heavy pressure on Peavey to play along during this tour. Their parent, Clear Channel Communication is so powerful in the industry, Peavey really had no choice in the matter.

My husband and I have been in the music business more years than I would care to every admit, and he has crew chiefed on two Van Halen tours. I know what I am talking about.

NO BOZOS
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-07-2008 @ 04:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks

WOW! I'm excited, but us poor fans would never be able to afford one of these babies. C'mon...how much are they really gonna cost? $250,000 each? Gotta keep look'n for those knock off makers online.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by justaxxxgirl
    I will just repost my comments from the Peavey thread here, make it easier for everyone.

Brad Starks is dead wrong, and is a bigger liar than Sammy Hagar.

My husband knows Hartley Peavey well and was very close to his wife Melia Peavey before she passes away March 1998.

Eddie's contract with Peavey has expired and they opted not to renew. Van Halen's Tour promoter Clear Channel Entertainment has put heavy pressure on Peavey to play along during this tour. Their parent, Clear Channel Communication is so powerful in the industry, Peavey really had no choice in the matter.

My husband and I have been in the music business more years than I would care to every admit, and he has crew chiefed on two Van Halen tours. I know what I am talking about.
    Ok... I know Brad's credibility has been questionable at times... although I'd credit that to his employers moreso than him personally. I'll give you a benefit of the doubt and if you are who you claim then you probably know more than the average web hound as myself. Thanks for sharing and I stand corrected.

Beleaguered VH Fan
    Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    11-07-2014 @ 04:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Hey Roth Kills Sam

You and I had a pissing match last week, but if youre selling Waynes, we should chat. I love em. I currently have 2 and think theyre the greatest rock guitar on the market, and Ive told Michael this several times. I dont have a dealer anywhere close to me, so theyve been hard to come by.

Beleaguered VH Fan
    Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

This is a bad ass replica. Wish I owned it!

Beleaguered VH Fan
    Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

This one too!

is fuckin' yer girlfriend
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2019 @ 07:00 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Wow....

Just fucking wow.

Would LOVE to have one of those babies....

Cool pics of him striping/building!!!

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2014 @ 02:38 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Brownsound1
    Yeah, I think this is actually a cool thing...not that I'll be able to afford one. So, I'm assuming that Peavey and Edward are still in cahoots, and the deal with Charvel is for replicas only. Is this correct?
    it must be, becuase eddie is still on the front page of peavey's
    website, so if they were parting ways, i dont think they would still be pimpin him

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-03-2020 @ 02:47 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by tjvhou812
    it must be, becuase eddie is still on the front page of peavey's
    website, so if they were parting ways, i dont think they would still be pimpin him
    Fuck you and fuck peavey....you're peavey'n me off you double
    negative piece of shit.

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by rustoffa
    negative piece of shit.
    crustoffa, scrape the sperm off your teeth, and shut the fuck up...

and go shave your fucking palms goatboy

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

crustoffa, scrape the sperm off your teeth, and shut the fuck up...

and go shave your fucking palms goatboy
    This just in: Your mother won't be there in the morning. BTW,
    I probably could shave my palms after her fucking maple syrup
    act. And you owe me a fucking shoe. Not wanting to leave a ho
    wanting, I finally stepped back, kicked it, and lost my fucking
    steel toe in that cave of leaky spunk. When she gets home give
    the bitch a fleet and put some goggles on.

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

This just in: Your mother won't be there in the morning. BTW,
    I probably could shave my palms after her fucking maple syrup
    act. And you owe me a fucking shoe. Not wanting to leave a ho
    wanting, I finally stepped back, kicked it, and lost my fucking
    steel toe in that cave of leaky spunk. When she gets home give
    the bitch a fleet and put some goggles on.
    first hows a bitch like you gonna have sex w/a woman
    did you 4get, you got a cunt...

you fucking wench, now go scrape your teeth, and blow your nose
    its full of sperm...

crustoffa

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

first hows a bitch like you gonna have sex w/a woman
    did you 4get, you got a cunt...

you fucking wench, now go scrape your teeth, and blow your nose
    its full of sperm...

crustoffa
    Just got home eh? Sorry about the blender. It's obvious you've
    become kinda lucid due to the mother laying on the floor babbling
    thing. Fuck the boards man, she needs help....all the thumb typing
    in the world ain't gonna change the fact you need to mop the place
    up and throw the bitch in the tub. Gimme a shout tomorrows on the
    slichus.

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

like i said crustoffa....

you couldnt fuck a fly and hurt it...

you got no dick, your a woman

i know, im your dad

now go scrape your teeth, the spurm is getting you all fucked up

van halen army
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-17-2005 @ 12:39 AM
    Status
    Thanks

negative piece of shit.
    hey crust go clean your teeth. and why your at it wipe your moms ass she just shit in your room again.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by rockvanhalen66
    hey crust go clean your teeth. and why your at it wipe your moms ass she just shit in your room again.
    I'm already multi tasking! Milf central for sure.....
    please, quit eating the wheaties.

It's tj's.....it's.....LMMFAO!

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

you must get a lot of shit on your wrist when you wipe your ass..

now go scrape the crustoffa your teeth

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

you must get a lot of shit on your wrist when you wipe your ass..

now go scrape the crustoffa your teeth
    go on....

van halen army
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

hey crust you better watch the time if the mendes brothers find out you were on line all night there not gonna let you baby sit any more. now go check your mother she is back on the job again.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by rockvanhalen66
    hey crust you better watch the time if the mendes brothers find out you were on line all night there not gonna let you baby sit any more. now go check your mother she is back on the job again.
    I can hear it tickin' by......mendes? I swear it's gonna get busy
    any time now.

van halen army
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

any time now.
    thats true any time now you will be sucking dick like a mother fucker.

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

any time now.
    dont worry polesmoker there will be a couple of queers out after the bars close, so you should start gettin busy..

i just dont know how you can suck so much dick in 1 night

your mom
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by bluedog
    Hey Roth Kills Sam

You and I had a pissing match last week, but if youre selling Waynes, we should chat. I love em. I currently have 2 and think theyre the greatest rock guitar on the market, and Ive told Michael this several times. I dont have a dealer anywhere close to me, so theyve been hard to come by.
    Wayne Guitars are the ultimate. I sent you a Private Message

Thread Information