Thread: Dave opening for KI$$...

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Well, maybe he cannot sing like he used to (and he once really could sing in his own unique way) and maybe we can all bitch and moan as if we are his quality and control personal advisers, but as long as he can get a standing ovation, I will not tell this old fart to stop having fun and making some people happy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tJm-qod4E0
    Yeah well hey. Most people are realistic about it. Starting with his age. There seems to be an agreement ( with more people than not ) he's improved. Oh and that other thing ? People that love rock & roll wanna go out and have a good time at a show. It the effort is there that helps. So hey why not clap & give the guy some props. It's Okay if you still thought he was better in 1981. Because he was......
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 78/84 guy View Post
    And for the record Sesh is correct that a ton of people are giving Roth credit for putting in an effort on these shows.
    Who gives a flying fuck what "tons of people" on YouTube think? I'm not deaf or hard of hearing yet. I formed my own opinion by listening to the videos of his recent performances. If he put as much effort into singing as he does being the comedy relief my opinion might change.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    Why would I say no? His vocals are that much worse. I saw VH live at the US Festival in 83 after the Diver Down tour. His vocals where fine that evening. He doesn't even attempt to sing anymore. I think it's you that's delusional.
    He was drunk as fuck that night you knob. Noel Monk writes in his book that he was inconsolable because he thought Van Halen might be done because Dave so so fucked that night...

And WTF would you compare Dave from 1983 to today? Do the Stones suck now too?

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Who gives a flying fuck what "tons of people" on YouTube think? I'm not deaf or hard of hearing yet. I formed my own opinion by listening to the videos of his recent performances. If he put as much effort into singing as he does being the comedy relief my opinion might change.
    Yeah Roth's been spending all of those 45 minutes telling jokes. I thought you wanted to be apart of a legitimate debate ? All you're doing now is lying . But hey who gives a flying fuck what "one trollshitter " on the Roth Army thinks ? I formed my own opinion by listening to the videos of his recent performances. I win.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Well, maybe he cannot sing like he used to (and he once really could sing in his own unique way) and maybe we can all bitch and moan as if we are his quality and control personal advisers, but as long as he can get a standing ovation, I will not tell this old fart to stop having fun and making some people happy.
    I can accept the fact some people don't care that he can't or won't attempt to sing anymore. You don't have to be one of his advisors to "bitch and moan" about that. It's called voicing an opinion. That's what people do on message boards like this.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    He was drunk as fuck that night you knob. Noel Monk writes in his book that he was inconsolable because he thought Van Halen might be done because Dave so so fucked that night...

He's got all the answers. Just ask him. He probably has front row tickets for Motley Crue & Def Leppard. One guy has been lip synching for years on the stuff he can't sing. The other guy is out of breath by the 3rd song. He'll enjoy it though. Or maybe he just doesn't go to concerts at all. With his standards anyone over 40 is not good enough anymore. Maybe Hag ?
    Last edited by 78/84 guy; 02-09-2020 at 04:05 PM.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah Roth's been spending all of those 45 minutes telling jokes. I thought you wanted to be apart of a legitimate debate ? All you're doing now is lying . But hey who gives a flying fuck what "one trollshitter " on the Roth Army thinks ? I formed my own opinion by listening to the videos of his recent performances. I win.
    I'm lying? You should apply for a job with MSNBC or CNN. You're ignoring what other people who are saying the same thing I'm saying about Dave's Vegas comedy act. Next time try listening to the videos with the volume turned up loud enough to hear. As far as your insults go you're an amateur compared to the other members here I've had disagreements with. Don't quit your day job.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I can accept the fact some people don't care that he can't or won't attempt to sing anymore. You don't have to be one of his advisors to "bitch and moan" about that. It's called voicing an opinion. That's what people do on message boards like this.
    What you CAN'T except is Roth can, and is trying to sing in 2020. He shouldn't be doing a few songs. Paradise & Dance The Night Away should both be dropped. Same reason why other singer avoid certain songs. They can't sing them very good, if at all. As of right now from what I've seen Roth is doing good on everything but those two songs. So ? Drop them. Use something else. Pretty Woman. Drop Dead Legs are probably fine for him. Little Dreamer would be great.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't care how drunk he was. I was there. A lot of people bitched about the long wait between bands before VH finally hit the stage but that's about it. My issues with VH's set was based on how they had changed from the last time I had seen them. I preferred the Jim Dandy version of Dave. Not the MTV version.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'm lying? You should apply for a job with MSNBC or CNN. You're ignoring what other people who are saying the same thing I'm saying about Dave's Vegas comedy act. Next time try listening to the videos with the volume turned up loud enough to hear. As far as your insults go you're an amateur compared to the other members here I've had disagreements with. Don't quit your day job.
    If you say so trollshitter. I think Roth said three things in the last full show posted from Buffalo. I guess that's a comedy act in your eyes ? Next time try listening to the videos with the volume turned up loud enough to hear. At least I have a day job. If you get one don't became a music critic. You're awful at it......

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

What you CAN'T except is Roth can, and is trying to sing in 2020. He shouldn't be doing a few songs. Paradise & Dance The Night Away should both be dropped. Same reason why other singer avoid certain songs. They can't sing them very good, if at all. As of right now from what I've seen Roth is doing good on everything but those two songs. So ? Drop them. Use something else. Pretty Woman. Drop Dead Legs are probably fine for him. Little Dreamer would be great.
    I haven't heard him attempt to sing anything lately. Maybe he did and I didn't hear it. After Strummin' came out I thought an unplugged Dave or VH would have been good but I was in the minority then. If he spoke the lyrics it would sound better than what I've heard from him in those videos.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If you say so trollshitter. I think Roth said three things in the last full show posted from Buffalo.
    I've only seen his Vegas performances. If he's actually singing on the current tour my opinion might change but if he's still blurting out selected lyrics in a strange voice I'll pass. Good luck in middle school.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

At least I have a day job. If you get one don't became a music critic. You're awful at it......
    That's better but I've heard it before. Got anything original to add?

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I've only seen his Vegas performances. If he's actually singing on the current tour my opinion might change but if he's still blurting out selected lyrics in a strange voice I'll pass. Good luck in middle school.
    So you've got all the answers to something you haven't watched ? I thought you were clueless. The proof is in the pudding.....

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

He's got all the answers. Just ask him. He probably has front row tickets for Motley Crue & Def Leppard...
    Not unless someone fronts this leech the money...

16. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

78/84 guy (02-09-2020)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't care how drunk he was. I was there. A lot of people bitched about the long wait between bands before VH finally hit the stage but that's about it. My issues with VH's set was based on how they had changed from the last time I had seen them. I preferred the Jim Dandy version of Dave. Not the MTV version.
    You were there? Okay, if you were you were fucking stoned and drunk as a monkey. Don't pretend that because you were near US Fest that gives you some sort of privileged opinion. I saw Dave in 84', SFW?

18. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

78/84 guy (02-09-2020)

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You were there? Okay, if you were you were fucking stoned and drunk as a monkey. Don't pretend that because you were near US Fest that gives you some sort of privileged opinion. I saw Dave in 84', SFW?
    That was the last time he got his dick wet. Roth squirted water at him.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    That's the thing, he hasn't really performed on a daily basis for 8 years Terry. It's been 3 tours. One was great. Dave almost at his best. Then 2 mediocre ones. Yeah it sucked it happened to him for whatever reason. But he seems to have bounced back pretty good after the first miserable Vegas gig. I'm amazed how people get so hung up on Roth's vocals like he's the only guy out there at an older age struggling a little. Hell since when was Roth ever considered great live anyways ? Maybe that's were it comes from ? So people pile on. But funny you got Joe Elliott & Paul Stanley lip syncing. Don Dokken talking through EVER song on the reunion shows he did with George a few years ago. Talk about awful ! Axl Rose shrieking through half the Guns catalog. Roger Daltrey lost his range 2 decades ago. Bon Jovi ? Don't even get me started on his awful live vocals. Still selling out arenas though right ? YUk. Just watched a newer Scorpions show. He is cooked. Stood there like a statue talking the words. I mean it was so bad I turned it off. Who was better live then him ? Bruce from Maiden maybe ? He is one of the few who still have it. Alice Cooper sounds good. & Paul Rodgers. Who has the crowd sing half the words. I guess that's how he saved his voice ? Dave's voice was horrible in 94 when I saw him. I thought He was cooked. Then he disappeared until 99 and sounded pretty good touring steady up through 2006. I went to see him about 4 times. Ever show he was great. Then somehow he stepped it up another notch for Van Halen for the 07/08 run. Sadly his voice issues seemed like they were not going to get better. But like after 94 they have. As good as 07/08 ? No. But he's doing Just as good as the many other guy's I've mentioned. Yet they all seem to get the free pass. Maybe all that Dave bashing the sisters Van Halen started after he bailed really sunk in with the masses. Talk about the heard following the sheep. Then Hag can't help himself & jumps on board with his delusions of grandeur. Don't even get me started on how great people still think he is live. in closing, My two cents are if you're going to be ripping Roth you should all be on these other bands boards ripping them. I'll start with Robert Plant doing Black Dog country style. Yeah, such integrity Bob. But playing it correctly with Page is sacrilege in his eyes. Spare me.
    I can dig where you're coming from, and disagree with little of any of it.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I was neither. The alcohol I drank and the pot I smoked that day wore of way before Van Halen hit the stage. It's not a privileged opinion. It's an educated opinion. I was actually there. I heard the music first hand. I don't have to base my opinion on somebody else's opinion. You saw Dave in 84. SFW?

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

That was the last time he got his dick wet. Roth squirted water at him.
    He squirted water on me. He must have squirted something else on you. Or in you. Maybe you can talk him into a threesome with you and your pal Nick.
    Last edited by cadaverdog; 02-09-2020 at 05:49 PM.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I was neither. The alcohol I drank and the pot I smoked that day wore of way before Van Halen hit the stage. It's not a privileged opinion. It's an educated opinion. I was actually there. I heard the music first hand. I don't have to base my opinion on somebody else's opinion. You saw Dave in 84. SFW?
    What you say is shit. Anyone who's seen the video knows Dave was an entertaining basket case, but hardly at the top of his game...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

He squirted water on me. He must have squirted something else on you. Or in you. Maybe you can talk him into a threesome with you and your pal Nick.
    The Dog's prison sexual fantasies coming back out?

25. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

78/84 guy (02-09-2020)

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I can dig where you're coming from, and disagree with little of any of it.
    Of course you don't. Even though every fucking word of it is true. It doesn't fit your agenda in this thread. I'd also bet you're not on all of those bands websites whining about them. I guess you're giving those guys a free pass. Their not Roth. But hey, let's not let the facts change your arguments that Roth has sucked since 2008. Why are you still here ? It's gotta get old whining about it. You should go see Roth. The 45 minutes he plays is less time then you take in a day worried about him with your so called philosophical ramblings. Hell it seems like you should start calling for the abolishment of the Roth Army. IT'S OVER for Mr. Roth if I listen to you guys. I'll be at the show in a few weeks having a good time. You better get to work on your 300th draft of your next bitch session.
    Last edited by 78/84 guy; 02-09-2020 at 08:12 PM.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

At least cum up with your own material.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-07-2021 @ 07:51 PM
    Burlington, Ontario (Canada motherfucker!!)
    Status
    Thanks

Noel Monk never said that at all. Why do you lie?

Show us in the book where he said that. Take your time because you're going to really need to dig to find it.

The little greedy manager said that it was the only bad interview Dave ever did (which is bullshit. Dave was spot on). And the band had their only worst performance.

The greedy little manager is wrong on both counts. Great show and Dave was great.

Dave has sounded like shit sine post-ALAE.

He had a few good moments on YFLM but that was when his voice was clearly shot.

A bit better in 2007-2008.

Unlistenable ever since.

He did also have an upswing in 2002.

Cadaverdog is right. He doesn't even fucking try to sing anymore. Because he cannot.

I could out-sing him and I have never sung a note in my life.

Just because Bon Jovi and whoever else cannot sing either, it doesn't mean Dave cab. Dave does not even try,

Steven Tyler sounds better than ever and he;s how old?

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Great show ? And Dave was great ? Dave as drunk as he was did o.k. The band was a sloppy mess. That tape should be burned.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's On Fire View Post
    It's 100% exactly what he said retard...

Show us in the book where he said that. Take your time because you're going to really need to dig to find it.
    How the fuck would you know? Illiterate fucking troll say what?

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-07-2021 @ 07:51 PM
    Burlington, Ontario (Canada motherfucker!!)
    Status
    Thanks

It's rock and roll. It was a great show. The band was a sloppy mess? Watch Eddie and Alex doing Girl Gone Bad in the solo. Flawless.

Dave sounded great on most of it, especially RWTD.

Blasted out of his mind, and still did the mid-air splits half a dozen times, 15 feet off the floor.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It's rock and roll. It was a great show. The band was a sloppy mess? Watch Eddie and Alex doing Girl Gone Bad in the solo. Flawless.

Blasted out of his mind, and still did the mid-air splits half a dozen times, 15 feet off the floor.
    Girl Gone Bad was probably the high point. After that it turns into ( it's only rock & roll ) yet you guys are all whipped up over 2020 Dave. I guess those mid air splits were that important....

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I didn't say the band was, I said Roth was, dumbshit...

He sounded fine to me, but the vocals were retouched for the Showtime special, and the three singles that were released afterword...

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Not unless someone fronts this leech the money...
    Same old Nick. Always the judgmental asshole. We can't all be millionaires with CIA connections like you.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Anyone who's seen the video knows Dave was an entertaining basket case, but hardly at the top of his game...
    Watching a video isn't the same thing as being there in person. You'd know that if you ever actually attended one yourself.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Because he knows he has pals here that will back him up no matter how full of shit he is.
    Cadaverdog is right. He doesn't even fucking try to sing anymore. Because he cannot.
    Just because Bon Jovi and whoever else cannot sing either, it doesn't mean Dave can. Dave does not even try.
    That obviously doesn't bother some people here. They're deaf and blind when it comes to Roth.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

So you've got all the answers to something you haven't watched ? I thought you were clueless. The proof is in the pudding.....
    I went back and watched those videos. He still sucks as a singer.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Great show ? And Dave was great ? Dave as drunk as he was did o.k. The band was a sloppy mess. That tape should be burned.
    Compared to what he's doing now his performance was flawless that night.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:36 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Steven Tyler sounds better than ever and he;s how old?
    Not at the Grammys he didn't. That shit was pathetic.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    Of course you don't. Even though every fucking word of it is true. It doesn't fit your agenda in this thread. I'd also bet you're not on all of those bands websites whining about them. I guess you're giving those guys a free pass. Their not Roth. But hey, let's not let the facts change your arguments that Roth has sucked since 2008. Why are you still here ? It's gotta get old whining about it. You should go see Roth. The 45 minutes he plays is less time then you take in a day worried about him with your so called philosophical ramblings. Hell it seems like you should start calling for the abolishment of the Roth Army. IT'S OVER for Mr. Roth if I listen to you guys. I'll be at the show in a few weeks having a good time. You better get to work on your 300th draft of your next bitch session.
    I certainly agree that compared with his rock front men contemporaries of his age bracket Roth is doing about as well as them in terms of live singing these days. Which isn't the same as saying he sounds good.

Got the same agenda on this thread as I have on every other thread I have posted on since 2004. I say what I think. So, when I say in response to your other post that I agreed with the bulk of it, you can take it to the bank that every fucking word of THAT is true. Because I have no agenda beyond that. Certainly not in terms of if you go see Roth perform, be it a few weeks or a few years from now or whatever.

Yep, Roth in terms of singing live has basically sucked since 2008. I don't need to go see Roth to know that. Saw him in the 80s. Saw him in the 90s. Saw him in the 2000s.

Had I called my ramblings philosophical? Sounds like you got some type of inferiority complex going on there.

Let me start my 301st bitch session draft...have a good time at the show!

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I went back and watched those videos. He still sucks as a singer.
    If you say so MR. Roth Army Supreme. You guys probably should shut this place down and hook up with the Redheads website. Roth is finished ! But hey I give you credit for watching. Your next debate might have some merit.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I certainly agree that compared with his rock front men contemporaries of his age bracket Roth is doing about as well as them in terms of live singing these days. Which isn't the same as saying he sounds good.

Got the same agenda on this thread as I have on every other thread I have posted on since 2004. I say what I think. So, when I say in response to your other post that I agreed with the bulk of it, you can take it to the bank that every fucking word of THAT is true. Because I have no agenda beyond that. Certainly not in terms of if you go see Roth perform, be it a few weeks or a few years from now or whatever.

Yep, Roth in terms of singing live has basically sucked since 2008. I don't need to go see Roth to know that. Saw him in the 80s. Saw him in the 90s. Saw him in the 2000s.

Had I called my ramblings philosophical? Sounds like you got some type of inferiority complex going on there.

Let me start my 301st bitch session draft...have a good time at the show!
    Posting since 2004. Over 10,000 of them. What an accomplishment ! Nothing better to do ? No you've never said you were some sort of philosopher. But the way you write sure makes you want to be one. I've read your stuff for years, lots of good stuff, but after about 6,000 posts it gets repetitive I guess. Sorry. It's been the same old story as to why Dave's a washed up has been any time he has stepped on a stage in the last decade. I guess from my view reading your posts at this point, probably 100's of posts on Roth's issues. I just gotta ask one question ? Why are you still here then ? It must be to feel important ? To respond with....well, your philosophy as to why Roth is over the hill. I guess in case someone missed your posts in 2012 we get a repeat ? Hey whatever floats your boat. It's gotta be a boring town you live in to be writing about a guy that has failed you as a fan. A guy that couldn't give two fucks what you think. Or me for that matter. Probably the reason he's still out there doing it. With that shit ass grin on his face. Enjoy the show ? Can't wait. I hope he's as decent as I think he will be. No reason to sit here in the pasture. Sorry there probably won't be a review from me. You guys got it all figured out. Seems like the majority here thinks Roth doesn't deserve an Army. Times they sure are a changing !!! I guess the name can be changed to the Hag Army, to protect the guilty. The accused !! David Lee Roth !! Hag Army ?? Has a nice ring to it. Lots of old Hags around here these days. If the shit fits wear it....
    Last edited by 78/84 guy; 02-10-2020 at 06:01 PM.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Posting since 2004. Over 10,000 of them. What an accomplishment !... Lots of old Hags around here these days. If the shit fits wear it....
    To be fair and ok I'm biased with 3 times that but he's only made a couple of posts a day on average.

Also I don't remember Terry being a Hagar fan?

Thread Information