Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

And the one tour (1999) that one DLR Band track (Slam Dunk) was played, it was usually sandwiched in the middle of the set.

"Here'sabrandnewtrackforya!" band blitzes through the new tune (off an album most of the crowd at the time probably had no idea even existed for all the publicity it got), on to the next CVH tune. Basically took one of the shortest, fastest tunes on the album to spotlight live, but most of the crowd at the 1999 Bad Co show (Roth opened) I saw the tune played at scratched their heads in puzzlement, mostly because they had no idea what the song was.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Dave is playing a few festivals this year. I believe one of them headlined by Metallica.
      =V V=
      ole No.1 The finest
      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
        The vast majority of their stuff I still enjoy the most tends to be found on either American Beauty or Workingman's Dead, specifically the studio versions of those songs vs. the elongated live versions that went on forever.
        No question that those two albums were probably the Dead's best studio work, though the material from those records usually held up live over the decades. And some of them didn't even have to be 20 minute jam versions

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Funkmonkey
          Head Fluffer
          • Jan 2004

In the desperate rat-race pantheon of entertainment that millions of people flock to California to chase their dreams, Dave won. He has a boatload of money and tremendous experiences. At 65, he's retired; c'mon, anyone with that amount of money and 65 is kicking back enjoying life not living in a tour bus for months on end. Right now, it's all about having fun. If Gene Simmons is going to handle all the infrastructure and headache of a tour, I'm sure Roth is perfectly happy opening for free if all he has to do is walk out on stage to a microphone waiting for him and do a few kung fu kicks for a half-hour if it gets him backstage that much earlier for the party. KISS what?

Comment

Working...