• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

RWTD "Groovefunkel Alternate Vocal Remix"

On the YouTube. VHND is acting like this was unused from the original sessions, but I think it's really just a recent remix.

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The vocal is definitely different, but there's some things in Ed's guitar which sound a little different too, especially in the solo. We know that they recorded mostly live in the studio in those days, so I'm thinking this is a whole different take, or at least different vocal & guitar overdubs, since the drums/bass/backing vocals sound like what we have heard for 42 years.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think he just found a different guitar solo take and pasted it in with a copy of the bass and drums to double the length of the solo.

It's ok but I'm not sure it improves the track.

Comment

• vaijuju
        Sniper
        • Jan 2008

It's just the Rythmic Guitar with more Volume .. no new solo ! Someone at the links noticed Dave " little more volume in the headphones please" " it's the same on break of As IS !

At 2.26
        http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by vaijuju
          It's just the Rythmic Guitar with more Volume .. no new solo ! Someone at the links noticed Dave " little more volume in the headphones please" " it's the same on break of As IS !
          The solo is now double the length. The two halves of the solo are not the same, compare 2:04 to the equivalent in the second half.

It's more likely the guy has taken the line from As Is and added it to this new mix than the other way around.
          Last edited by Seshmeister; 01-07-2020, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• Funkmonkey
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by vaijuju

At 2.26
            Great song. Love it. Keep 'em comin'. Oh, wait...

Comment

Working...