Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Is the current lineup of UFO worth seeing?

  1. #1
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    rustoffa's Avatar
    Member No
    117
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    01-17-2020 @ 10:33 PM
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    8,919
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 54 Times in 37 Posts


    Rep Power
    25

    Is the current lineup of UFO worth seeing?

    So I just found out BOC and UFO are playing here. BOC will bring it every time...goes without thinking. I honestly can't remember the last time UFO played here. There's no Schenker. Seems like a dream lineup for hard rock fans. Go easy on a brother, I haven't been around in awhile.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  2. #2
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    cadaverdog's Avatar
    Member No
    23616
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    02-29-2020 @ 12:10 AM
    Location
    The Sunshine State
    Age
    60
    Posts
    8,957
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked 917 Times in 750 Posts


    Rep Power
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by rustoffa View Post
    So I just found out BOC and UFO are playing here. BOC will bring it every time...goes without thinking. I honestly can't remember the last time UFO played here. There's no Schenker. Seems like a dream lineup for hard rock fans. Go easy on a brother, I haven't been around in awhile.
    Haven't seen UFO since they toured with Rainbow in 82. The crowd was still yelling for UFO when Rainbow hit the stage. I don't think they even finished one song before they walked off. Last saw BOC about 15 years ago in Vegas at the Fremont Street happening. They definitely brought it that night.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  3. Thanked cadaverdog for this KICKASS post:

    rustoffa (01-17-2020)


  4. #3
    Hindsight is 2020
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:44 AM
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    54,170
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    3,160
    Thanked 5,831 Times in 4,339 Posts


    Rep Power
    131
    Here's a recent performance. Phil Mogg's still singing (and looking very old here). I don't think any of the other guys in the band played on any of the records you ever actually heard of. Except maybe the drummer. He looks old enough to be an original member...

    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  5. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

    rustoffa (01-17-2020)


  6. #4
    Hindsight is 2020
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:44 AM
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    54,170
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    3,160
    Thanked 5,831 Times in 4,339 Posts


    Rep Power
    131
    They really should have got Schenker back in the band. He can even make those fucking pussies "Europe" sound good....


  7. #5
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    cadaverdog's Avatar
    Member No
    23616
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    02-29-2020 @ 12:10 AM
    Location
    The Sunshine State
    Age
    60
    Posts
    8,957
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked 917 Times in 750 Posts


    Rep Power
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Here's a recent performance. Phil Mogg's still singing (and looking very old here). I don't think any of the other guys in the band played on any of the records you ever actually heard of. Except maybe the drummer. He looks old enough to be an original member...
    All of the current members of UFO have been with the band at least 12 years. You'd think they'd be able to play one of the band's biggest hits a little better than that by now. They had it together for a short time during the song but the lead guitarist was way off most of the time. The vocals sounded strange too. The drummer, Andy Parker is a founding member.
    Last edited by cadaverdog; 01-17-2020 at 07:57 PM. Reason: 12 not 15

  8. #6
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    rustoffa's Avatar
    Member No
    117
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    01-17-2020 @ 10:33 PM
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    8,919
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 54 Times in 37 Posts


    Rep Power
    25
    Sound advice from FORD. How you been?

  9. #7
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    rustoffa's Avatar
    Member No
    117
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    01-17-2020 @ 10:33 PM
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    8,919
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 54 Times in 37 Posts


    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    All of the current members of UFO have been with the band at least 12 years. You'd think they'd be able to play one of the band's biggest hits a little better than that by now. They had it together for a short time during the song but the lead guitarist was way off most of the time. The vocals sounded strange too. The drummer, Andy Parker is a founding member.
    I figured as much. I really like UFO. I don't wanna see a phoned-in version. I saw BOC at the same venue a few years ago...It's still Buck and Bloom. Goddamn they still bring it!

  10. #8
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    rustoffa's Avatar
    Member No
    117
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    01-17-2020 @ 10:33 PM
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    8,919
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 54 Times in 37 Posts


    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    They really should have got Schenker back in the band. He can even make those fucking pussies "Europe" sound good....

    I missed the Michael Schenker tribute deal at the same fucking venue!! I'd have rather seen that than stupid ass G3 or whatever it was.

  11. #9
    Banned
    We Are All F A T Barb
    DIAMOND STATUS

    Member No
    7609
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    03-25-2020 @ 12:13 AM
    Location
    Denver, Colo
    Posts
    14,099
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,579
    Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,782 Posts


    Rep Power
    0
    UFO is a stupid, sexist band with stupid, sexist lyrics and mundane guitar riffs. I think the dude is singing about having sex with his St. Bernard.



    It all sounds the same
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Eddie Enthusiastic About Current Van Halen Lineup
    By Grit in forum Main VH/DLR Discussion
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 06-30-2012, 11:03 PM
  2. GnR add new axeman to lineup
    By Hellraiser!! in forum House of Music
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 04:48 AM
  3. Alice Coopers VH lineup
    By Take 'Em in forum Main VH/DLR Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-23-2007, 08:23 AM
  4. Dave's '05 Lineup
    By Orgazmo in forum Main VH/DLR Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 10:09 PM
  5. Who has the best lineup in baseball?
    By POJO_Risin in forum ALinChainz' Locker Room - Sports Central
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-07-2004, 03:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •