X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jérôme Frenchise
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Nov 2004

Van Halen live in Newcastle, 1978

I've just come across this. The sound is amazingly great.
    Maybe it's already been shared before, if so then I'm sorry.

posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

It's been out there, maybe not this particular YT. It's from a boot sourced from a diseased roadie's father that found boxes of cassette tapes of shows he worked in his attic after his son had died. He worked in London, not sure if he was a tech for Black Sabbath or not...

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Nov 2004

Thank you for precising.
      Well it's nothing new then, safe for me. Sorry.
      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I haven't seen the YouTube...

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Nov 2004

I still have a CD of the Pasadena gig recorded in December 1977 which I'll listen to again for comparison.
          The big difference is, they were their first world tour after the release of the first album when they played in Newcastle of course...

Comment

• Rikk
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

I got this maybe a year or so ago.

There's another amazing one from '79 (that I could search for a link for right now...but considering how rarely I post these years, I'll put more time into typing).

These new leaked gigs sound amazing. The closest we'll get to an official-sounding live album from the classic days.
            Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
            Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Funkmonkey
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2004

Bop boda shooby do wah!

Comment

Working...