Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,481 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Fuck Rick James, we also have Billy Sheehan! Did ya know he's from Buffalo? Kenmore actually. And the Goo Goo Dolls, fuck them too...
    Was never really clear on who liked the Goo Goo Dolls, other than girls back in the day who thought the lead singer was cute.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-11-2024 @ 11:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,990 Times in 3,229 Posts

Blog Entries
    Fuck Rick James, we also have Billy Sheehan! Did ya know he's from Buffalo? Kenmore actually. And the Goo Goo Dolls, fuck them too...
    Yup. I remember Billy saying he was from the Buffalo area. The thing is, Rick James was a headliner and a funk legend. He even sang about Buffalo in his songs. You almost could claim Neil Peart but he's from down the river a bit and across the border.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,337 Times in 6,024 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Europe is still ran by the elites.
    Could you define 'elites'?

It's an odd term that Americans use that I think maybe comes from conservative media. If you are running things then does that not make you elite? Since somehow Trump a man from an extremely privileged background who inherited $300 million doesn't count as elite I've started to wonder if elite just means 'well educated'.

Is your doctor an elite? Would you not want them to be? If you worry about the elite not being grounded in the real world, how does Trump fit into that when he is shitting on a gold toilet?

4. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-16-2020)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It’s easier to start a business in the US than anywhere else. Also you don’t have the huge taxes especially if you live in a tax free state.
    I really don't think so - this is an old fashioned myth like your American dream.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_by_tax_rates

Corporation tax is similar in most Western countries around 20%. Personal tax is higher in some but not if you factor in healthcare. You have fewer holidays and a ton of your money is pissed away on 'defense' which goes to big corporations who trickle some back to politicians because you don't have decent political spending laws.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    Socioeconomic mobility can be gauged by income. How do you calculate social mobility? Is it a test that measures how much your shit stinks? According to what I just read about the subject and I quote "In recent years, several studies have found that vertical intergenerational mobility is lower in the US than in some European countries." That's a little different than "lowest in the world". Considering the UK still has a monarchy and your blood lines are a determining factor in your social status I doubt social mobility is extremely high there either unless you count being "knighted" social mobility.
    For the millionth time, when I say something isn't good in the USA, that does not mean I am saying the UK is great. The UK is usually the most like the US when compared to the rest of Europe.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,554 Times in 3,443 Posts

Yup. I remember Billy saying he was from the Buffalo area. The thing is, Rick James was a headliner and a funk legend. He even sang about Buffalo in his songs. You almost could claim Neil Peart but he's from down the river a bit and across the border.
    We'll still claim Peart and trade the Goo Goo Dolls!
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 02-16-2020 at 12:21 PM.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    For the millionth time, when I say something isn't good in the USA, that does not mean I am saying the UK is great. The UK is usually the most like the US when compared to the rest of Europe.
    I'm still proud I'm from here regardless of my country's shortcomings. It seems like USA bashing is quite popular here but I rarely see any UK bashing being done. I'm just trying to even that up a bit. I edited my comment after checking out the graph you posted. I can't tell if "intergenerational earnings elasticity" is a good or bad thing. Does a higher number mean more or less social mobility? Regardless of that I think your "among the lowest in the world" claim about social mobility is the USA is bullshit. That graph only lists a few countries. What about social mobility in Iran, Iraq, North Korea, China, Russia, etc...? How do those countries compare with the ones listed?
    Last edited by cadaverdog; 02-16-2020 at 12:57 PM. Reason: redundancy

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Could you define 'elites'?

It's an odd term that Americans use that I think maybe comes from conservative media. If you are running things then does that not make you elite? Since somehow Trump a man from an extremely privileged background who inherited $300 million doesn't count as elite I've started to wonder if elite just means 'well educated'.
    Donald Trump inherited $300 mill but he didn't inherit a title that made him a successor to the throne of America. Millions of Americans voted for him. How many people voted for Elizabeth II in the last Queen election? Don't give me that "figurehead" bullshit either. The Queen has a lot more political clout than that.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Donald Trump inherited $300 mill but he didn't inherit a title that made him a successor to the throne of America. Millions of Americans voted for him. How many people voted for Elizabeth II in the last Queen election? Don't give me that "figurehead" bullshit either. The Queen has a lot more political clout than that.
    It was more like $413 million he inherited, largely tax free...

And most people DID NOT vote for Trump. America's bullshit Electoral College system is about as democratic as queen elections....

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    We'll still claim Peart and trade the Goo Goo Dolls!
    Peart was from St. Catherine’s. Wouldn’t take much of a border change to make it part of western New York State.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

And most people DID NOT vote for Trump. America's bullshit Electoral College system is about as democratic as queen elections....
    The founding fathers wanted a republic, not a democracy. That’s why each state get’s two senators regardless of population and we have the electoral college. It was set up that way so the most populous states wouldn’t have all the power which would be the result of a true democracy.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I think the electoral college has worked well. Neither the Democrats nor Republicans can take permanent control of the Executive Branch. Control swings from one party to the other. It evens out the power structure and both parties have had good and bad presidents.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I'm still proud I'm from here regardless of my country's shortcomings. It seems like USA bashing is quite popular here but I rarely see any UK bashing being done. I'm just trying to even that up a bit. I edited my comment after checking out the graph you posted. I can't tell if "intergenerational earnings elasticity" is a good or bad thing. Does a higher number mean more or less social mobility? Regardless of that I think your "among the lowest in the world" claim about social mobility is the USA is bullshit. That graph only lists a few countries. What about social mobility in Iran, Iraq, North Korea, China, Russia, etc...? How do those countries compare with the ones listed?
    Every place has it’s good points and bad points. People like different things. We still have to build a wall to keep people out. We lived in British Hong Kong for three years. The British had to put Gurkhas on the Chinese border to keep people out and the Chinese had to put soldiers on the border to keep people in. Let’s just say I’m glad I’m in the so called shithole US right now and not Hong Kong at the moment.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And most people DID NOT vote for Trump.
    Never said they did. Millions and most are two different words.
    America's bullshit Electoral College system is about as democratic as queen elections....
    If your candidate had won by the electoral college system you'd be fine with it but they didn't. If the rules said the overall vote getter was the winner and you lost you'd say the electoral college system should have been used. Trump won by the rules in place during that election. If you don't want a repeat in 2020 you better start supporting your eventual Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think the electoral college has worked well.
    The electoral college system is fine. What we need is more than two electable candidates per presidential election. More than two parties worth. Three parties worth minimum. Not including independents.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Good for him. If your dad left you $413 million would you want to give the government a cut? They'd just waste it. Spend it on hookers and drugs. I'd rather spend it on hookers and drugs myself.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,279 Times in 4,710 Posts

Good for him. If your dad left you $413 million would you want to give the government a cut? They'd just waste it. Spend it on hookers and drugs. I'd rather spend it on hookers and drugs myself.
    Well, the idiot declared bankruptcy at least 6 times, so that's a lot of hookers. He claims to not do drugs, but all that sniffing when he speaks tells a different story. Reportedly he's snorting Adderal rather than cocaine. Which also adds to the speculation of exactly how much money he does or does not have. Surely a billionaire could find a decent cocaine dealer?

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Well, the idiot declared bankruptcy at least 6 times, so that's a lot of hookers. He claims to not do drugs, but all that sniffing when he speaks tells a different story. Reportedly he's snorting Adderal rather than cocaine. Which also adds to the speculation of exactly how much money he does or does not have. Surely a billionaire could find a decent cocaine dealer?
    I seriously doubt he was ever bankrupt. I'm not naïve about rich folks manipulating the system to get richer. You're not either. I'm sure he has spent a few bucks on hookers and drugs as well but not enough to piss away $413 mill. He's not Charlie Sheen.

PFC Roth Army
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 08:54 PM
    Status
    Thanks

What if there are no rugs to munch? What do you call shaved lesbians?
    Slick-lickers.

PFC Roth Army
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The founding fathers wanted a republic, not a democracy. That’s why each state get’s two senators regardless of population and we have the electoral college. It was set up that way so the most populous states wouldn’t have all the power which would be the result of a true democracy.
    You can't explain something that simple to someone who has a simpleton brain. Maybe 2+2=4 but that's about it.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

PFC Roth Army
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

No you wouldn't because you don't know anyone there and you don't speak the language.

One of the things that is difficult for Republicans to get is that Denmark and Canada have more entrepreneurship than the USA - look it up.

The reason for that is a safety net allows you to step onto the high wire of starting your own business. Without knowing I had healthcare for my family I wouldn't have set up businesses, I would have taken the government job I was offered.

You talk about hustling and the American dream, the US now has some of the lowest social mobility in the world - look it up.
    Tell that to Bill Gates, Zuckerberg, Bezos, Jobs, the Google Dudes, the Wright Brothers, and the guy who invented MyPillow.com. Yeah entrepreneurship is almost non-existent in the US.
    Name something worth a shit that came out of Canada besides RUSH and pure maple syrup. The US invented entrepreneurship.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by private parts View Post
    Name something worth a shit that came out of Canada besides RUSH and pure maple syrup. The US invented entrepreneurship.
    They grow some pretty good weed up there.

25. Thanked cadaverdog for this KICKASS post:

private parts (02-18-2020)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

They grow some pretty good weed up there.
    ...and finally had enough sense to legalize it, nationally.

The US will get there eventually. It will happen earlier under President Sanders, of course.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    ...and finally had enough sense to legalize it, nationally.

The US will get there eventually. It will happen earlier under President Sanders, of course.
    He ain't President yet but that's irrelevant. I'm pro legalization but the marijuana industry needs to watch their step on concentrated THC products and do more research on vaping. I've already had bad experiences with edibles but that wasn't shit compared to the recent experience I had with some 88% THC concentrate. And I'm not the only one that smoked it that had issues with it. Most of the other smokers were middle aged with the exception of one young lady in her late 20s, early 30s. We smoked a joint of an Indica hybrid that was around 20% THC with a couple drops of the concentrate on it. It affected me almost immediately. I thought I was going to have a heart attack but I remained calm and got through it. Two other people who smoked it felt the same way I did. I talked to my 30 year old pothead nephew about it. He gets panic attacks from smoking concentrates too. Pro pot people don't want to talk about the side effects of concentrates fearing it will bring unwanted negativity towards legalization but I think it should be discussed sooner rather than later. I tried vaping for a couple months but the aftertaste and the negative publicity vaping has gotten lately convinced me to stick to smoking bud or "flower" as it is referred to now.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Nationwide legalization will probably solve the problems with the "bad" vapes. Up here in Cascadia, where cannabis has been legal since 2012, it's all very tightly regulated. So you know what you're getting in the vape cartridges. Most of these vapes that are making people sick are bootleg crap made with vitamin e acetate. Vitamin e is good for you in a capsule form or in some sort of ointment on your skin (great for healing minor burns) but it wasn't intended to be in your lungs.

Safest way to vape would be a dry herb vaporizer so you know you're just breathing in weed, and no additives at all. It's also cheaper in the long run (aside from the initial expense of the vaporizer) since flower is much cheaper than the concentrate.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It's called money laundering, and we'll hear more about this after this cunt leaves office...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah, um, they main reason for the Electoral College was to prevent the unwashed and stupid masses from electing a "demagogue" that would be king - ironically. And I doubt even our slave-holding, whoring, and agnostic "Founding Fathers" would approve of the way the bastardized electoral gerrymandering has perverted whatever firewalls-against-assholes they thought they were putting up...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The electoral college system is fine. What we need is more than two electable candidates per presidential election. More than two parties worth. Three parties worth minimum. Not including independents.
    Yeah it allows stupid middle class and poor people to vote against their interests and feel good about being stained whores with a smile who love their Johns...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Never said they did. Millions and most are two different words.

If your candidate had won by the electoral college system you'd be fine with it but they didn't.....
    No, no I wouldn't...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by private parts View Post
    Tell that to Bill Gates, Zuckerberg, Bezos, Jobs, the Google Dudes, the Wright Brothers, and the guy who invented MyPillow.com. Yeah entrepreneurship is almost non-existent in the US.
    Ah yes, the top 1% that now have more money than the bottom 90% while middle class wages have been made stagnant...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think the electoral college has worked well. Neither the Democrats nor Republicans can take permanent control of the Executive Branch. Control swings from one party to the other. It evens out the power structure and both parties have had good and bad presidents.
    For a guy who sits here and rants about conspiracies about banks and whatnot, you're in someways defending the biggest actual conspiracy right in front of your fucking naked steaming eyes! You're either a complete dolt or full of shit! The Electoral College and notions of a (Republican) republic are the most antidemocratic of all and have allowed us to be overtaken by big money on politics where the wealthy have a vastly disproportionate say on how to fuck everyone else. It's so easily swayed by political contributions (money protected as speech LOL) and naked gerrymandering that I don't know how even to go on with thinking you're at all a serious person...

If Republicans want to have the presidency, great! Enact policies that benefit the majority of the electorate! Why do they have to rely on blatantly illegalities to stay in a modicum of power? Because they convince largely under-educated white people to vote against their own political interests. It's this pandering to the wealthy donors and their own interests that is probably going to be the end of them as a viable majority party in any facet.

Should smaller states have a say? Absolutely! They do with the Senate. Fine! But why should my state get fucked and send more money to the federal treasury then it gets back while you Midwestern red states get welfare and get more back than you send in?

We're seeing the results, the middle class is shrinking and wages have been stagnant since the 1960's while wealth flows to the top with the lowest tax rates of anywhere in modern human history. Do a little research, what did the top 10% pay in taxes in 1958 under Ike? What do they pay now?..
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 02-18-2020 at 06:15 AM.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah it allows stupid middle class and poor people to vote against their interests and feel good about being stained whores with a smile who love their Johns...
    You can vote for whoever you want to vote for under the electoral college system.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It's called money laundering, and we'll hear more about this after this cunt leaves office...
    Call it what you want but you might have to wait a while for that. January 2015 is a long time from now.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Call it what you want but you might have to wait a while for that. January 2015 is a long time from now.
    WTF happened then?

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

WTF happened then?
    I guess I wasn't paying enough attention to what I was typing. I meant 2025
    Last edited by cadaverdog; 02-18-2020 at 03:19 PM.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Inheriting money is money laundering? Must be liberal logic.
    Last edited by cadaverdog; 02-18-2020 at 03:21 PM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Inheriting money is money laundering?
    In the case of the Trump family, it pretty much was ......

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...new-york-times

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Inheriting money is money laundering? Must be liberal logic.
    Um, yeah, if you don't pay the taxes on it and are trying to blatantly circumvent the Death Tax...

But I guess the fact that Trump never mentions this and still claims he only got a $3 million loan from his father doesn't bother you...

The best case scenario here is that he is a fucking liar, the other is that he's a white collar criminal, the kind he took great pains to pardon today...

Maybe you can try sucking his dick some more as he pisses on your back?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Um, yeah, if you don't pay the taxes on it and are trying to blatantly circumvent the Death Tax...

But I guess the fact that Trump never mentions this and still claims he only got a $3 million loan from his father doesn't bother you...
    The super edited version of the Trump fortune is grandfather realizes he can make money selling dead horses and mules of failed gold miners back to them for food, reinvests in hookers for the ones doing a bit better. Father takes that little pot of money and makes it huge by ripping off taxpayers in NYC abusing government grants money. Trump takes that fortune and loses it and as a last throw of the dice discovers money laundering business cleaning cash for Russian criminals with US property.

This is all just a matter of public record at this point.

Thread Information